2020 astros offseason

elfenix

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

I don't wish death on anyone, but I find it hilarious that morons who were probably going to fly to Astros games just to boo them are now fucked for the first month or so at least.  

Edited by Mez2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

A buddy of mine is in homeland security and said it will get worse before it gets better but a good way to track it is look at china, we are 55 days behind them and it's leveling off their alittle. So I would be expecting 60-75 days before they feel it's clearing up or stable enough to resume games.

Well, they took drastic public health measures that we did not.  In any case, hope everyone stays healthy, even the biggest asshole annoying posters.

19 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Well, they took drastic public health measures that we did not.  In any case, hope everyone stays healthy, even the biggest asshole annoying posters.

Yes, like keeping the outbreak a secret for months before the numbers got to be too great for them to get it under wraps. Lulz, I just have to laugh at anyone saying China did something good here.

Look at the link I posted. United States has 1,200 confirmed cases that pales in comparison to anyone else, we are taking drastic measures now which should slow it down and keep us from reaching the 80,000+ cases China has seen(probably more since they have kept data from the public). 

Don’t even get me started on what the media and public would have said if we closed off flights and travel 30 days ago then they would have said this administration is causing panic and fear then they wait and it’s done too late. 

Either way I hope this helps and it’s slowed down but regardless from what I’ve read and been told it takes up to a year to come up with a vaccine(I’m no doctor just what I’ve seen). 

On 3/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:

Look at the link I posted. United States has 1,200  2,657 confirmed cases that pales in comparison to anyone else, we are taking drastic measures now which should slow it down and keep us from reaching the 80,000+ cases China has seen(probably more since they have kept data from the public). 

Go, Astros.

Edited by David Dennison

Justin Verlander underwent right groin surgery on Tuesday and is expected to be sidelined for approximately six weeks.

Verlander's spring debut was delayed until March 3 due to groin discomfort and he recently experienced a setback during his rehab. It makes sense to take care of it now, as there isn't expected to be any baseball for the next eight weeks. Verlander also suffered a mild lat strain earlier in the month, but he has plenty of time to rest right now. For those fantasy drafts going on right now, Verlander probably shouldn't fall too far.

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

ill wait until mid to end of April before buyin in but wouldn't be shocked 

Even if they had a single month, they should do it.  24 game season.  3 home and 3 away games against the teams in your division.  Figure out a way where all 3 second place teams can play for the Wild Card spot.  Maybe they all play each other.  If 1 team goes 2-0, they're in.  If they're all 1-1, go to run differential.

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Even if they had a single month, they should do it.  24 game season.  3 home and 3 away games against the teams in your division.  Figure out a way where all 3 second place teams can play for the Wild Card spot.  Maybe they all play each other.  If 1 team goes 2-0, they're in.  If they're all 1-1, go to run differential.

I don’t mind the Astros having a second World Series title with an asterisk !!!!!!

Edited by tx 3 putt