2020 astros offseason

elfenix

On 3/22/2020 at 7:59 PM, Scraps said:

What season?

Yeah, it is feeling like this season isn't going to happen.  Seems like after the initial month or two off, players/coaches/umpires could be tested and cleared, and they could play in empty stadiums while the rest of us are still social distancing.  Extra TV money could make up for a lot of the ticket/concession losses.  People are itching for sports to watch and broadcasters are itching for sports to broadcast.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Yep

should be amping up for opening fucking day.

Well- I wonder if I’m going to get my $4,000 for season tickets returned to me or if that’s going to be a bullshit credit for next year. I also wonder if we don’t have a season of our entire OF is gone as free agents. 

Oh well- at least the sides got along already and will be able to amicably work through all this. 

51 minutes ago, Ichabod said:

You would think that even with a 6:10 PM start there would be more people in EADO right now. It's like a ghost town down here.

Lofts at the Ballpark Bar is boomin.  @Mez2 little brother just threw up from pounding 4 White claws in a row.  Gonna get him some food at Home Plate before we head in before the national anthem

14 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Lofts at the Ballpark Bar is boomin.  @Mez2 little brother just threw up from pounding 4 White claws in a row.  Gonna get him some food at Home Plate before we head in before the national anthem

1 hour ago, Ichabod said:

You would think that even with a 6:10 PM start there would be more people in EADO right now. It's like a ghost town down here.

see above; lucky's ended up being closed but think home plate is open soon though, will be there before home plate. the DJ is playing houston rap right now . i may not last until first pitch

Just now, UTPhil2006 said:

Pretty sure they're done aren't they?

No, according to my ticket rep they aren't finished yet. I guess maybe they either took their foot off the gas when the season was officially delayed, or they have run into material or labor issues. 

I was there for the Texas-LSU game, and it looked like they still had quite a ways to go. 

17 minutes ago, Player said:

No, according to my ticket rep they aren't finished yet. I guess maybe they either took their foot off the gas when the season was officially delayed, or they have run into material or labor issues. 

I was there for the Texas-LSU game, and it looked like they still had quite a ways to go. 

Maybe whatever I saw last week somewhere was a mock up.

Also, if you want to buy me a go pro I'll attach it to my hat and wander around the blocks around MMP for you if you're that in need of a MMP live feed.  Probably will catch my arrest on it too for loitering

12 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Maybe whatever I saw last week somewhere was a mock up.

Also, if you want to buy me a go pro I'll attach it to my hat and wander around the blocks around MMP for you if you're that in need of a MMP live feed.  Probably will catch my arrest on it too for loitering

C'mon Phil - I'm confident you can outrun stadium security. 

23 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Last light of good rest for me for 72+ hours
Season opener tomorrow
Dell Match Play Friday
Sturgill Simpson/Tyler Childers Saturday.

....or at least that was the schedule a couple of months ago in some now bizarre, alternate universe

I hate you for doing this- it makes me want to cry. And of course don’t forget the sweet 16 we are watching tonight and tomorrow as prep for all that. 

I always said if I could be unemployed for a month I’d want to to be March. I wasn’t planning on the world stopping. 

So it looks like tomorrow MLB Network is showing content on the 1986 NLCS from 10:30 am until midnight, including a couple of specials and then a 4 hour replay of Game 5 and a 5 hour replay of Game 6.  With those run lengths, they may show close to the whole games.  I'll probably check them out for nostalgia's sake and because there isn't enough current misery in the world.  Fuck the mf'n Mets.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

So it looks like tomorrow MLB Network is showing content on the 1986 NLCS from 10:30 am until midnight, including a couple of specials and then a 4 hour replay of Game 5 and a 5 hour replay of Game 6.  With those run lengths, they may show close to the whole games.  I'll probably check them out for nostalgia's sake and because there isn't enough current misery in the world.  Fuck the mf'n Mets.

No way I can do it.  

man i mustve gotten fucked up last night downtown with some of you heathens -  i eventually made it home to catch the end of the game - looks like i missed us throwing an opening day no-hitter? it says Aaron Sanchez started for us though - glad he was able to step up with JV's penis region trouble. Hopefully, Greinke comes through today, i just saw a picthing ninja clip of him throwin slow curves for 90 seconds, it was beautiful. too hungover to go to park tonight but hope you boys can hold it down.

can't go 162-0 if you don;t win the first one. 

• Haha 1