2020 astros offseason

elfenix

On 5/8/2020 at 4:31 PM, TonyTexas said:

It seems to me that this 5 round draft minimizes the effect of Astros losing the first 2 draft picks. You can’t really play shenanigans as much with slot money because undrafted players are maxed out at $20k   Might be a good opportunity to rebuild the farm with underpriced talent. 

was thinking the same thing.

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I have cousins in Milwaukee (very under rated city), yadda yadda yadda, I have an open invite to meet Mr Selig at a dinner club they all frequent. 

i know that place.  it's perfect for us.  a small family place, good food.  everyone minds his business.  it's perfect.  they got an old-fashion toilet...you know, the box, and the chain-thing.  we might be able to tape a gun behind it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i know that place.  it's perfect for us.  a small family place, good food.  everyone minds his business.  it's perfect.  they got an old-fashion toilet...you know, the box, and the chain-thing.  we might be able to tape a gun behind it.

Sounds overly compassionate. Can't we come up with something a little more sadistic?

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

The bar would trip you up, hard to walk out of that place without having a couple of drinks 

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The bar would trip you up, hard to walk out of that place without having a couple of drinks 

don't fool around.  just let your hand drop to your side and the gun slip out.  everyone will still think you've got it.  they're gonna be staring at your face, so walk out of the place real fast, but you don't run.  don't look nobody directly in the eye, but don't look away either.  they're gonna be scared of you, believe me, so don't worry about nothing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

I don't want putt coming out of that toliet with just his dick in his hand, alright

30 minutes ago, Scraps said:

So July 4th start....82 games most within division + Interleague with the NL West.  

Looks like a great time to run Verlander and McCullers into the ground for another WS Ring

I don’t think this deal is going to get rubber stamped by the MLBPA. There are some pretty big issues to be resolved when it comes to figuring player salaries. 

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I don’t think this deal is going to get rubber stamped by the MLBPA. There are some pretty big issues to be resolved when it comes to figuring player salaries. 

that and, what happens when one or two players in that clubhouse tests positive ?

entire team and coaching staff on 14 day lock down ?

Yeah i don't either...just throwing out the proposed date.

Then again we can't fucking live in fear all our lives. Suit up bitches!

• Like 3

On 5/7/2020 at 2:47 PM, Storm the Field said:

Good friend of mine that goes to tons of games every season moved into those apartments above the new Irma's back in February pretty much for the specific purpose of being able to walk to and from MMP. Whoops! 

On the bright side, you can see a pretty good chunk of the field when the roof is open.

At least he'll get to see the Friday Night Fireworks this season......oh, wait....

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

So July 4th start....82 games most within division + Interleague with the NL West.  

Looks like a great time to run Verlander and McCullers into the ground for another WS Ring

was supposed to be the first asg at chavez ravine in 40 years.  now, not so much.

16 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

that and, what happens when one or two players in that clubhouse tests positive ?

entire team and coaching staff on 14 day lock down ?

Or an umpire, or a coach, or staff, or stadium crew, or field crew, or tv crew. You get the idea.

All of the above is why I am extremely doubtful we're going to see baseball this year.