2020 astros offseason

elfenix

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

How would that work for secondary ticket sales?

good question.

Just post a legal notice at each entry:  "MLB is not responsible for any exposure to communicable diseases you , just like we haven't been for the past 150 years."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That should totally cover gross negligence.

Just like someone getting hit by a ball.  There is zero expectation of a sterile environment, save for the fact it is a money driven environment...and well, lawyers.

Absolute safety is the new bar...  I'd attend, either way if available.

Now back to baseball.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

derp 

Pitcher Josh James did not report to Houston on Wednesday with what general manager James Click described as "personal reasons not related to COVID.”

James was the only member of the Astros’ 56-man player pool who was not expected to report by Wednesday’s deadline. Click said the team expects James “to be here soon.”

On 6/30/2020 at 10:59 AM, Scraps said:

Shit i was happy when it was $5 beer night. Any lower than that I will quite possibly drink myself to death

Man, I got tanked at 2 of those last year. Would love if they brought back Thirsty Thursdays for 2021, but I doubt they're gonna pass up any additional revenue in the near future. Although, I would be curious to see the economics on discount beers if they actually increase sales enough to offset the price reduction.

if you follow collin mchugh on instagram, im hoping the astros have a similar set up to the red sox :

suites were turned into private locker rooms, the concourse is now batting cages and work out areas - spaced out, portable shower units, the training room is open air in the outfield seats. 

Jake Kaplan of The Athletic reports that the Astros have also canceled their scheduled workout on Monday due to COVID testing delays.

The Astros haven't gotten their results back from Friday's tests and understandably don't feel safe conducting a workout. The Nationals, who canceled their workout Monday, are dealing with a similar situation. The Fourth of July holiday wasn't exactly unforeseen, so it's hard to use it as an excuse for anything. Hiccups are bound to happen with such a complex situation, but if MLB can't get the testing protocol right, we could justifiably see more players begin to opt out of playing this year.

this season gonna be weird.

Edited by henrygandorf
the last line was mine, not sure why it's in the quote-box.