2020 astros offseason

elfenix

But it's bullcrap that most of our weekday home games against non-central time zone teams also start at 8:10pm.

Of course MLB rejected the obvious fair scheduling for a ridiculous unbalanced one.  Why are we playing 7 road games and 3 home against the A's, 6 road and 4 home against the Angels?  MLB said they wanted to minimize travel, why not go with a 5 home/5 away split against each division team?

Edited by clapclapclap

Guest Lobo

When will they announce TV coverage for these games?  I mean, I know ESPN and FOX Sports have to work around a lot of 1980's Virginia Slims women's tennis tournament reboots.  But still, a man can dream...

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

When will they announce TV coverage for these games?  I mean, I know ESPN and FOX Sports have to work around a lot of 1980's Virginia Slims women's tennis tournament reboots.  But still, a man can dream...

National broadcasts

July 29 vs. the Dodgers (6:10 p.m., ESPN), Aug. 1 at the Angels (6:15 p.m., FOX), Aug. 6 at the D-backs (6:15 p.m., FOX), Sept. 12 at the Dodgers (7:15 p.m., FOX). 

all others on ATTSW

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

He hasn’t reported They haven’t said why but I suspect he has the rona. 

Thanks. Someone else out too?  Thought it was him and one other but might have dreamed that up in my head. Watched zero sports news and listened to zero sports radio since I left. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thanks. Someone else out too?  Thought it was him and one other but might have dreamed that up in my head. Watched zero sports news and listened to zero sports radio since I left. 

According to Baker, both Alvarez and Urquidy have “conditions that are preventing them from reporting to the field.” James is attending to a “personal matter not related to COVID-19.” Smith has not reported out of concerns for the health and safety of his family.

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

According to Baker, both Alvarez and Urquidy have “conditions that are preventing them from reporting to the field.” James is attending to a “personal matter not related to COVID-19.” Smith has not reported out of concerns for the health and safety of his family.

I’d like to think concerns over his family mean knocking the back out of his hot wife’s vajaja at lest 2 or 3 times daily. 

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

No Urquidy. No James

season is reduced by 60%
so we’re reducing our rotation accordingly?

interesting strategy  

Another cancelled workout. Getting tough to see how we actually play 60 this season:

HOUSTON -- For the second time in less than a week, the Astros on Saturday canceled their Summer Camp workout at Minute Maid Park after a staff member was potentially exposed to someone with the coronavirus, the team announced.

“As part of MLB’s testing and reporting plan, we were alerted that a staff member was potentially exposed to a COVID-positive individual outside the organization,” general manager James Click said in a statement. “Out of an abundance of caution, we have canceled today’s workout. We are working closely with MLB and our team physicians to follow the established testing and cleaning protocols so that we can safely bring our players and staff back to the field as soon as possible.”

The team’s alternate workout at the University of Houston, where about two dozen players in their 56-man pool are training, continued as scheduled Saturday.

On Monday, the Astros also canceled their workouts at Minute Maid Park and UH because of a delay in receiving the COVID-19 results from testing. The Astros began working out at both sites July 3, giving them three weeks to prepare for the July 24 season opener against the Mariners.

The Astros had some positive tests as the result of intake COVID-19 testing that was required prior to the start of camp. That was after the Astros had an unknown player test positive for the coronavirus in June. As part of MLB protocol, the players and field staff are having their temperatures checked twice per day while undergoing COVID-19 testing every two days.

• Like 1