2020 astros offseason

elfenix

I was in this fundraiser type thing where people donated items and it was $10 a spot.  There were like 80 items donated and then everyone randomized and you draft what you want starting with person in slot 1.  There was some good shit in there, and also some stuff that wasn't that great.  

I was right in the middle and had selection 41....i had the chance to get a Tyler White autographed jersey and passed on it lol.  Also there was an autographed ball of his in the items as well and that went like slot 78.  

/coolstorybro

Edited by Scraps

23 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I love being wrong...he’s gonna sign

Yeah. Why did you think otherwise?  Next year’s draft will be shortened as well. Probably 10 rounds. If you’re a college player especially , you better take the money while you have a chance. 

26 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Yeah. Why did you think otherwise?  Next year’s draft will be shortened as well. Probably 10 rounds. If you’re a college player especially , you better take the money while you have a chance. 

A dude “in the know” told me that it would be a surprise if he signed especially because they didn’t know if slot would be enough for their first pick. Was promised a chance to start at vandy (had been their closer) and thought he could go much higher with a good senior season. With you on the take the cash part for sure

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

A dude “in the know” told me that it would be a surprise if he signed especially because they didn’t know if slot would be enough for their first pick. Was promised a chance to start at vandy (had been their closer) and thought he could go much higher with a good senior season. With you on the take the cash part for sure

This was his quote right after getting drafted

• Like 1

Posted on the MLB thread but thought those here would be interested 

34 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Least surprising story ever 

A federal judge on Friday said he would unseal a letter that allegedly shows that the Yankeesengaged in a “more serious, sign-stealing scheme” than Major League Baseball revealed publicly in 2017.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/yankees/2020/06/judge-to-unseal-letter-that-allegedly-shows-mlb-hid-yankees-sign-stealing.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Is it your other dude in the know? Didn’t his info never come to fruition? 

18 hours ago, RGBIII said:

They wouldn't have used a pick on him this year if they weren't sure.  Can't afford it with the loss of picks.

Edited by kevwun

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Is it your other dude in the know? Didn’t his info never come to fruition? 

The Castillo trade didn’t because Luhnow got fired. But he told me Dusty and Click were both getting hired, posted that here as well. Just passing along what I hear

• Like 3

For those who don’t venture into into the MLB thread. 

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

so it's still the Astros' fault.  LOLz.  Baseball had such a history of labor harmony and the absence of bitchassery before 2017, right?  In the end, the haters still want more.

Play some games and they'll fucking get it.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29302203/how-astros-luhnow-mindset-ruining-mlb

• Like 1

I remember watching that  when I was a little kid but I didn't remember Dusty Baker as the last out or Joe West as 1b umpire.

JOE WEST!!!? Goddamn.

Also as dominant and untouchable as 7 career no-hitters will always be, he could have easily finished his career with double digit no no's. He lost five in the ninth inning. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Like 2

Came across this today.  It makes sense with the game being against the Dodgers but I had never heard Vin Scully's call.

Thanks. I needed that.
everything about that is great.
-lol at Reggie Smith coming off the bench in the top of the 9th to face Nolan in that situation after not being able to start because of a batting practice ball bouncing up and hitting him in the mouth.
-man I miss the Dome.
-I love the orange hats.
-I love Ashby's orange catcher's gear
-lol at the 27th out being our current manager after grounding out to the 11th manager in team history
-lol at Joe West getting booed in '81 (after typical Joe West "look at me" shenanigans... giving the most emphatic palms down on a check swing you'll ever see).
  • Like 1

I remember watching that  when I was a little kid but I didn't remember Dusty Baker as the last out or Joe West as 1b umpire.
JOE WEST!!!? Goddamn.
Also as dominant and untouchable as 7 career no-hitters will always be, he could have easily finished his career with double digit no no's. He lost five in the ninth inning. 
12 career one hitters. Crazy 27 year career

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/astros-to-pay-staff-through-october

HOUSTON -- Astros owner Jim Crane informed team employees via video conference call on Tuesday that there would be no furloughs and that club staff would continue to be paid through Oct. 31, with the highest-paid employees -- those making $100,000 or more -- taking pay cuts.

• Like 3