The "Baby it's cold outside" thread.

Nueces River Rat

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

AISD delayed two hours. I’m sure my kids will sense it and wake up an hour earlier than normal.

One of the kids had kicked off their blanket at like 4am.  I got up, covered then, checked the twitter, saw the delay, reset the alarm clocks, and thought I’d get an extra hour of sleep.   Nope.   Disney Plus did get me almost 40 minutes of sleep though.   

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Is the spiral staircase passable?

Alas, it was not.  The dog hates it when it ices over, can't go down the stairs, so she just goes out front.

Still, we've got it better than the daughter in Montreal -- they have around 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground today.  Unseasonably early.

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Austin will wait until the last minute, although they said they should know by 3am.   Fuckers.  

It's like they have an overnight shift that panics much more easily than the evening team.  The evening folks say, you know, we could call it now and let everyone know before alarm clocks are set and everyone could have a nice morning sleep, but it looks like the weather's OK.  Then around 1am they hand it off to a group of overnight folks hyped up on too much coffee who freak out around 3 am and start pushing all of the buttons, causing us to get phone calls at 4am.  Twice in my case, once per student to the same phone number.

C'mon AISD, everyone loves a late start ... call it early for once.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Surly two weeks ago:  It's hot, I hate summer.  Fuck this shit.

Surly today:  Waaaah, it's cold.  I hate winter.  Fuck this shit.

Bunch of pussy ass bitches.

Was it too much to ask for 6-8 weeks of 70-80 degree highs with 50-60 degree lows?  We had about 2 weeks of it before this arctic fucking blast.  I want to able to wear shorts during the day on Thanksgiving like the Pilgrims did. 

9 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Houston gets back into the 70's most of next week.

Everything I've seen shows a slight warmup for Tuesday and Wednesday next week, but then back to below normal highs for the rest of the week.  The "normal" high for this time of year where I am is 73. 

17 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Surly two weeks ago:  It's hot, I hate summer.  Fuck this shit.

Surly today:  Waaaah, it's cold.  I hate winter.  Fuck this shit.

Bunch of pussy ass bitches.

Average low where I am is in the mid to upper 50's this time of year.  It was 28 degrees this morning.  Bitching is totally appropriate.