The "Baby it's cold outside" thread.

Nueces River Rat

11 hours ago, Deej said:

I'm contemplating moving from Austin to Fergus Falls, Minnesota, the land of my people. Fuck Texas heat. Give me snow to my rooftop.

My buddy moved from Austin (lifelong Texan) to Duluth a few summers ago. He was posting pictures of his great new life that summer and those10 days of fall they get there. Was living back in Texas by Xmas. 

I moved from St. Croix, USVI to Iowa in a February for no reason at all. How's that for smart? 

5 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

My buddy moved from Austin (lifelong Texan) to Duluth a few summers ago. He was posting pictures of his great new life that summer and those10 days of fall they get there. Was living back in Texas by Xmas. 

I moved from St. Croix, USVI to Iowa in a February for no reason at all. How's that for smart? 

Sounds fun.  Mom's originally from Iowa.  Been there exactly one time.  

5b156f57d2263c3bb7f16322cdec00fc.gif

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Kinda beat me to it, but I like the way I said it better.

I don't want to see what you did there.

The winds behind the front haven't been as bad as predicted.  Being Vet Day I was expecting the launch of The Liberation of Deciduous Leaves, but other than a few tossed in the initial gusts, they've been hanging on.  So far just some gentle swaying of the trees.

I'm contemplating moving from Austin to Fergus Falls, Minnesota, the land of my people. Fuck Texas heat. Give me snow to my rooftop.

My mom grew up on a farm south of St. Cloud so this hits close to (her) home.

Homercles: likely but overpasses and bridges can flash freeze as it gets below 28 or so.

My districts Facebook page is becoming a jumbled mess as everyone posts ‘following’, ‘F’ or even just a period instead of using the ‘turn on notifications for this post’...dumbasses.  I personally don’t want a delayed start but there’s no denying it’s wet and about to go below freezing out there.  

Definitely spitting rain and snow in 78759.

And I was driving from Houston to Austin as the front was in between. I saw the line - seriously, I could see dust kicked up on the road, hit that line, and it was an instant wind and temp shift. Watched my car thermometer, and it dropped from 77 to 60 in ten minutes.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Had snow and freezing rain here earlier, now it’s all sleet I’m 78759. Wooden deck is an ice rink. Cars are starting to freeze over. Tomorrow morning is gonna be a damned mess.

Yep, cars icing over big time in 56. 

Meanwhile, Austin ISD does as little as possible to acknowledge the weather.  

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

High 30s in San Antonio. I often say I think of moving back to the RGV because the winters up here are too fucking cold & people look at me like I’m crazy. Life’s too short to deal with cold weather.

The only thing that makes me sometimes think about leaving Texas is the incessant heat. The cold is awesome.