Earl Campbell Thinks the Texas Longhorns Need a Black QB To Win

Vic Mackey

Maybe he just means black from the waist down. In which case, I’d agree. 
Maybe he just means the credit.
When a black man makes a racist statement, we should ignore it? Fuck Kirk but I don’t blame him anymore than I would if Colt said something similar and he wrote about it. I don’t want to only hear news which supports my agenda.

It was a dumb fuck thing to say and he should be called out on it.

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

Fucking idiot. Cut all ties with him. Unretire his number. We don’t need bigotry and racism associated with the University. 

Luckily he’ll be dead soon so he can shut the fuck up for good.

EABOD & DIAF. He is and always will be a Texas legend. He can say all the stupid stuff and will still remain a badass. Now go fuck yourself into oblivion

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Get over yourself.

Earl said something non pc and that hurts your pussy.

Dude ain't a racist and his legacy will live on around here long past your vaginal sorry ass.

His comment was the definition of racism. If Colt said “we need a white QB to win” this place would be going insane and rightfully so. 

Earl Campbell is a fucking racist piece of shit. There’s no place for this shit in 2019. Not to mention he embarrassed the shit out of the University. Fuck him.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

Surly-Worthy-Inna.jpg 
All Bohls has accomplished is damaging Earl's legacy. 

Exactly what I said when I first ran across this. Earl is clearly not at 100% faculty — why print this shit? And why have it as a fucking note in your mailed-in “Nine Things and a Crazy Prediction” grab bag column? Dumb all around.
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

His comment was the definition of racism. If Colt said “we need a white QB to win” this place would be going insane and rightfully so. 

Earl Campbell is a fucking racist piece of shit. There’s no place for this shit in 2019. Not to mention he embarrassed the shit out of the University. Fuck him.

You're a pc pussy warrior, plain and simple.

Fuck you.

Long live Earl.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Exactly what I said when I first ran across this. Earl is clearly not at 100% faculty — why print this shit? And why have it as a fucking note in your mailed-in “Nine Things and a Crazy Prediction” grab bag column? Dumb all around.

KB will use any chance he gets to harpoon UT Football.

That will never change.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

You're a pc pussy warrior, plain and simple.

Fuck you.

Long live Earl.

PC? If a white person says this in the opposite manner the entire world goes insane. Go fuck yourself. 

Nobody is bigger than the program and that includes Earl Campbell. He’s a racist bigot and needs to be far from anything related to the University of Texas. 

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Girdwood said:

PC? If a white person says this in the opposite manner the entire world goes insane. Go fuck yourself. 

Nobody is bigger than the program and that includes Earl Campbell. He’s a racist bigot and needs to be far from anything related to the University of Texas. 

Go fuck yourself you waste of oxygen.

Seriously

Find a pc way to do it, of course.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

White people committed generations of atrocities far more unspeakable than a dumb quote to an even dumber hack of a journalist.

Please follow Cajun's advice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

White people committed generations of atrocities far more unspeakable than a dumb quote to an even dumber hack of a journalist.

So because of this the double standard is cool? Kind of a stupid shit take lol. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

The University of Texas has a lengthy and well documented history of pretty virulent racism that can currently embarrass all of us far more than an old man, not speaking on behalf of the University, who is a product of the times (meaning he suffered under it as well as absorbing some wrong-headed ideas about football players).

This is awkward, that's all.

It’s also safe to say Earl has a LITTLE bit of CTE. I don’t know. He put his body on the line more than arguably anyone in the history of this university. I’m not canceling anyone for one comment. I know that’s the popular mob mentality thing to do, but I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he comes back and doubles down and says “no, I meant what I said. If your skin tone is white, you can’t be a good enough qb to lead this team” then I’ll change my tune. But I’d love for someone to ask him for clarification on what he meant

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It’s also safe to say Earl has a LITTLE bit of CTE. I don’t know. He put his body on the line more than arguably anyone in the history of this university. I’m not canceling anyone for one comment. I know that’s the popular mob mentality thing to do, but I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he comes back and doubles down and says “no, I meant what I said. If your skin tone is white, you can’t be a good enough qb to lead this team” then I’ll change my tune. But I’d love for someone to ask him for clarification on what he meant

I think he was pretty damn clear, white qbs can't run

44 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

You're a fucking Morman.  It's rich that you call anyone racist.  Are you guys allowed to touch black people yet? 

Go wash them whitey tighties...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

When a black man makes a racist statement, we should ignore it? Fuck Kirk but I don’t blame him anymore than I would if Colt said something similar and he wrote about it. I don’t want to only hear news which supports my agenda.

No, when an OLD legend at Texas says some shit that can be perceived as racist, we should ignore it. He's not a racist. It's not about his race, it's just he's old so he doesn't talk nu-speak like an overly sensitive modern PC pussy.

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

No, when an OLD legend at Texas says some shit that can be perceived as racist, we should ignore it. He's not a racist. It's not about his race, it's just he's old so he doesn't talk nu-speak like an overly sensitive modern PC pussy.

Interesting take considering our President is about 9 years older.

• Haha 1

PC? If a white person says this in the opposite manner the entire world goes insane.
Red caught more shit for his comment and it wasn’t racially motivated.
Ummm, we just talking in the US or everywhere? Because at this point in time, there’s not a race out there that can throw stones.
You're a fucking Morman.  It's rich that you call anyone racist.  Are you guys allowed to touch black people yet? 
Go wash them whitey tighties...

That struck me as funny.
  • Like 1

Texas fans used to boo when a black quarterback was trotted out on the field.  I don't think it stopped until Vince.  

As for Earl, his character is well known and I firmly believe he meant what he said but his meaning is different than what is being interpreted.  He views Darrell Royal and Bum Phillips, both white, as father figures.  Personally, I believe there is nothing to see here.

4 minutes ago, 1bigtx said:

Texas fans used to boo when a black quarterback was trotted out on the field.  I don't think it stopped until Vince.  

As for Earl, his character is well known and I firmly believe he meant what he said but his meaning is different than what is being interpreted.  He views Darrell Royal and Bum Phillips, both white, as father figures.  Personally, I believe there is nothing to see here.

We booed James brown because he was black?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Lol damn because he’s a legend he gets a free pass. I mean just damn 🤣

No, because he's not a racist.  He's an old dude with diminished faculties who said something non pc.  Just fuck off with your overreacting pc pussy asses.  I am so sick of the destruction of people without hate in their hearts being flambeyed for saying something they shouldn't have said.  It's fucking ridiculous and people calling for his excommunication from all things UT are the ones who should be shunned for a lifetime.

What a fucking joke this all is.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, 1bigtx said:

We booed James Brown?

Edit: point already made. I guess this post is in regards to Little.

Edited by Valmy77

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Come on man, assuming that the quote is accurate (with Bohls, who knows), there's not a lot of grey area in this quote.

“Until the University of Texas realizes you have to have a black quarterback, and nothing against Ehlinger, you got to have a talented, black quarterback,” Campbell told Kirk Bohls of The Statesman. “All these schools that are winning, even in the pros, have black quarterbacks. When guys are not open, something can still happen.”

Earl is entitled to his opinion, but its a stupid take when you consider that only 6 schools have won a national championship with a black QB since 2000.  Maybe he is racist, or maybe his brains are scrambled. Whatever, I don't particularly care. Earl will always be a badass Longhorn and  his quote isnt gonna change that in my mind, even if that's exactly what he believes. I've made it this far in life without making life choices based on Earl's personal philosophical beliefs, I imagine that will continue. 

• Like 3

Out of rep but @Cajun I owe you a shit ton. 

And while it would be uncouth, and as a white guy, there is pretty much nothing Earl, VY, or Ricky could say that would offend me. Those 3 have brought me more joy than they could ever take back. 

A poor choice of words from a broken old country boy who’s lived through plenty of racism himself, should be the last thing anyone is worried about. The most upsetting thing for me, is I bet it makes Sam feel like shit.   

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

A poor choice of words from a broken old country boy who’s lived through plenty of racism himself, should be the last thing anyone is worried about. The most upsetting thing for me, is I bet it makes Sam feel like shit.   

Hammer meet nail.

Edited by Cajun