Apple TV+

Lobwedgephil

On 3/18/2024 at 8:51 PM, Buzzrock said:

I’m about halfway through Silo does it get better? It’s kinda boring. I’m sticking around for Rebecca Ferguson but her character is kinda moody and annoying. I’ll ride it out if there is a payoff.

No

On 3/19/2024 at 7:53 AM, Ted Lange said:

Severance s2 isn’t coming out until 2026?

I think that's sarcasm, as they began filming season 2 earlier this year. But it probably won't be back until next year, which would be three years between seasons. Which is stupid, so it better be pretty fucking good. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 9:11 PM, Neonmoon said:

Yeah, near the last episode Ferguson gets naked and shoves a bunch of sharpies in her ass. 

I love that episode and not all that unexpected, as if you pay close attention, she keeps sneaking sharpies left and right. 

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The Steve Martin documentary is pretty good. 

I watched the first episode and part of the second so far. I don’t get his standup. At all. 

I was born in 82, so maybe I just had to be there to get it, but I’m glad I only knew him as a screen actor. And his recent live show with Marty Short was great, but he’s more of the straight man in that. 

I watched the first episode and part of the second so far. I don’t get his standup. At all. 

I was born in 82, so maybe I just had to be there to get it, but I’m glad I only knew him as a screen actor. And his recent live show with Marty Short was great, but he’s more of the straight man in that. 

I’m looking forward to this. Steve Martin is a comic behemoth. Hell, he’s an entertainment behemoth — comedy, acting, writing, musician. And he seems like a hell of a solid human.

I never caught much of his standup since most of that was from the 70’s. I was born in 72. My parents loved him from that and then he began his run of movie comedies. He’s a genius.

His standup was very hit or miss for me. He’d do stuff for 20 minutes that I found entirely unfunny, but then one line would have me in stitches.

I didn’t realize until watching this that a lot was Andy Kaufman-esque.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

How is this? Wife and I watched the premiere the other night. It was interesting but we’ve got so much to watch. Stick with it?

Good to great acting including Ricky Martin. Speaking of much like teh gays I like all the colors and chick fashions. Good writing and some funny, funny dialogue at times. Give it a couple of more episodes and it will get interdasting and shit will get real 

• Hook 'Em 1

When I was a kid, my parents had one of Steve Martin's comedy albums.  To this day, I can quote most of the bits.  In fact, there were several cuts in the documentary which I knew immediately.

My college-aged daughters (no pics) really like Only Murders in the Building.  I love the fact that they can appreciate Steve Martin and Martin Short, too.

55 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Good to great acting including Ricky Martin. Speaking of much like teh gays I like all the colors and chick fashions. Good writing and some funny, funny dialogue at times. Give it a couple of more episodes and it will get interdasting and shit will get real 

I find it fascinating. Big name cast and the style and sets are really good. It’s absurd at times, so I see why it’s been compared to a Great Value version of The White Lotus 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

Count me as one who never knew Steve Martin was born in Waco.  only good thing to come out of Waco?  father moved the family to California when he was five. one lucky SOB.

Can't recall if they mentioned it in the doc or if I am remembering it from his book but his father was an aspiring actor.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Count me as one who never knew Steve Martin was born in Waco.  only good thing to come out of Waco?  father moved the family to California when he was five. one lucky SOB.

I'm from Waco... I don't know if that proves your point or contradicts it...

I knew Martin was from there though... can't wait to watch the documentary.  He was taking off when I was growing up and SNL was must see TV. 

Finished 'The New Look' last night.  I am not a history of fashion but there were things that he created almost 80 years ago that would still be considered fashionable in todays world.   It got dusty during the finale. 

Spoiler

Re: The New Look, I may have mentioned this before... but how has the Chanel brand still continued to prosper?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m losing interest in Manhunt. I know the story and have read the books but for some reason it’s not clicking with me. 

the writing/dialogue was weird IMO.  they also kept interrupting the manhunt with stuff that was kinda unrelated.  I watched it to the end.  It was OK.