2020 Texas Rangers Offseason

CowtownHorn

I have Lynn, Minor, Kluber, Gibson, Lyles - Obviously Kluber would go to the top stop, but I want to see how he does coming from injury during spring training first.

Santana played 27 games at CF last year. I suppose they could call up Heineman at some point as the 4th OF if they DH'd Choo. He played quite a bit of CF in the minors. 

Right now, they are probably okay at the bullpen. with lots of depth in the minor league they could use. But that's going to depend lot on if Leclerc is 2018 Leclerc or 2019 Leclerc.

Solak played 11 games at 3B. IKF played 25. So yea, 3B is probably the biggest need. 

I would add catcher too. Although there are rumors they might sign Chirnos back. And I would love that

For me:

DH - Choo

SS - Andrus

LF- Calhoun

3B - Solak

RF - Gallo

2B - Odor

1B - Guzman

CF - Santana

C - Trevino

• Like 1

Via Rotoworld:

Rangers signed LHP Joely Rodriguez to a two-year, $5.5 million contract.

The deal, as reported by Jon Morosi of MLB.com and Jeff Passan of ESPN, includes a club option for a third season. Rodriguez, 28, just finished off a successful 2019 stint in Japan where he posted a 1.64 ERA and 77/14 K/BB ratio over 60 1/3 innings with the Chunichi Dragons. The southpaw was reportedly touching 100 mph in NPB, so he's an intriguing bullpen addition for Texas.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

How far away is Taveras? They were raving about this kid a couple of years ago.

2021 at least. Believe it or not, he's only 21. Seem's like he's been in the minors forever but they signed him out of the DR when he was 16 I think.  In Frisco last, 293 PA, He hit all of 3 HR....

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

they aren't going to be good anytime soon.  (supposedly).  

They haven't tried to improve their team this offseason and they are stuck paying this guy 250 mil.

** at least thats how i understand the situation.

Is anybody else on the block then?  Like Blackmon? (Who was apparently born in dfw)

According to Jon Morosi of MLB Network, the Rangers are considered the front runners to land free agent outfielder Nicholas Castellanos.

Let's see...strikes out a lot, has huge cold spells, poor defender, seems like the kind of guy JD loves. At least he has an average sort of batting average.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

DH - Choo

SS - Andrus

LF- Calhoun

3B - Solak

RF - Gallo

2B - Odor

1B - Guzman

CF - Santana

C - Trevino

Since Vic can’t stop whining, I’m going to fix this thread too. Jameslaw tries, he really does, but fails. Post Oak has a little bit more of a clue. We know Duck is stupid, we know Vic is stupid, NOMAAA reads fucking Reddit. 

Solak will play about as many innings at 3B in 2020 as Jameslaw. He legitimately can’t throw the ball that far.

I really want all of you to google Elvis’ B-R page. He is fucking AWFUL offensively, like really fucking terrible. He can’t hit, he is not good. The fact that someone on this thread would hit him 2nd, & no one one this thread would catch that proves everything. 

16 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Since Vic can’t stop whining, I’m going to fix this thread too. Jameslaw tries, he really does, but fails. Post Oak has a little bit more of a clue. We know Duck is stupid, we know Vic is stupid, NOMAAA reads fucking Reddit. 

Solak will play about as many innings at 3B in 2020 as Jameslaw. He legitimately can’t throw the ball that far.

I really want all of you to google Elvis’ B-R page. He is fucking AWFUL offensively, like really fucking terrible. He can’t hit, he is not good. The fact that someone on this thread would hit him 2nd, & no one one this thread would catch that proves everything. 

That's hardly ever been the case.

Just now, ss13 said:

I assume you mean 3B? It will be Frazier. 

So you completely ignored that part where I only put current players in the line up. and in the same damn post said that 3B was their biggest need. I also said they would be looking for a catcher. 

You're a special kind of cunt aren't you?

20 hours ago, ss13 said:

Willie should hit 2-hole against righties, who he hits there against lefties is TBD. Hopefully Marte. 

So to be clear. you shit on my lineup made up strictly of current players. And when pressed, your answer is two people not on the roster and one person who will only be there against righties?

I guess I'll go ahead and ask since I had Calhoun batting third, and you'll have him second. Who do you have there? 

I shit on you posting a lineup with a 78 OPS+ guy hitting 2-hole. Admit you made a mistake, it happens. If you know how to use B-R’s lineup tool, you will see that even your boy Woodward finally admitted his idiocy & dropped him. 

We honestly do not have a true 2/3-hole hitter, but it’s also January 2nd. What we most certainly DO have is an 8-hole hitter, he plays SS. 

I know most of you, sans Vic, follow LSB. I personally despise Adam, but he is the largest Elvis fan on this planet. 

His postseason write-up... 

ELVIS ANDRUS — D

I don’t really want to dwell on Elvis. We know what the deal is. After two very strong offensive seasons in 2016 and 2017, he regressed in 2018, and didn’t hit well in 2019, either (.275/.313/.393). He had a 1.4 fWAR and a 1.9 bWAR in 2019. That’s not good enough.

And anyone that saw how awful Santana was at 1B last season knows they can fake a guy over there if necessary. With the 26th spot, we can hide someone there for 6-7 innings, then use Condor. 

Ask SFG how that worked in LF for them with Burrell. They will have to remove their rings first.