2020 Texas Rangers Offseason

CowtownHorn

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Let us know when you find one. 

It'll be right around the time Nelson Cruz catches that fly ball.

Like the poster said above. Y’all have exactly the same amount of legitimate World Series titles as we do. Zero. No one else but you and a few other delusional fans believe differently. Everyone else sees it for what it is. You cheated and it’s a tainted title. I’m sure you’re very proud.

• Like 1

Just now, CowtownHorn said:

Like the poster said above. Y’all have exactly the same amount of legitimate World Series titles as we do. Zero. No one else but you and a few other delusional fans believe differently. Everyone else sees it for what it is. You cheated and it’s a tainted title. I’m sure you’re very proud.

If that's what you need to feel better, have at it.

That poses the question I saw on Twitter earlier today with all this coming down.

Would you partake in this behavior knowing it would lead to a WS title? The answer is yes for me. Houston got away with it and so will Boston. Their WS rings will forever be in the books. Sure, the fans will scoff at it and make jokes and say its tainted and what not but MLB did not strip it. So Houston is still the 2017 champs and they still have those memories. Some say it takes away from the enjoyment retroactively knowing now you cheated to get an edge. I still wouldn't care.

Maybe I am just that desperate for any sort of championship in the DFW. Someone cheat to get us one, I don't give a shit Haha.

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That poses the question I saw on Twitter earlier today with all this coming down.

Would you partake in this behavior knowing it would lead to a WS title? The answer is yes for me. Houston got away with it and so will Boston. Their WS rings will forever be in the books. Sure, the fans will scoff at it and make jokes and say its tainted and what not but MLB did not strip it. So Houston is still the 2017 champs and they still have those memories. Some say it takes away from the enjoyment retroactively knowing now you cheated to get an edge. I still wouldn't care.

Maybe I am just that desperate for any sort of championship in the DFW. Someone cheat to get us one, I don't give a shit Haha.

The Patriots got caught doing all types of illegal surveillance. They also got caught deflating footballs in the AFC championship game.  Colts fans were sure NE's AFC and Super Bowl wins were invalid. Jets and other AFC east fans were sure all those division titles were invalid.

What happened to those asterisks?  Seriously, the Pats got caught cheating in the AFC title game while the game was still going on. Think about that.  The game wasn't even postponed.  Later, they were given a $1 million dollar fine, 2 lost draft picks, and 4 games out for Brady.  

You think Patriots fans give a shit about any of that?  Nope. And everyone else already forgot. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Yeah look at Houston’s lack of pro sports success and it’s easy to realize why their douchey fans are pretending it’s legitimate

DFW is in a big drought. We might have more history than Houston overall but that is because of the Cowboys success. They have us beat in NBA and MLB titles. I have only witnessed one team win a championship in my adult life (I'm 35) and that was the Mavs in 2011. Well the Horns in 2005 but I am focusing on pro sports right now.

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The Patriots got caught doing all types of illegal surveillance. They also got caught deflating footballs in the AFC championship game.  Colts fans were sure NE's AFC and Super Bowl wins were invalid. Jets and other AFC east fans were sure all those division titles were invalid.

What happened to those asterisks?  Seriously, the Pats got caught cheating in the AFC title game while the game was still going on. Think about that.  The game wasn't even postponed.  Later, they were given a $1 million dollar fine, 2 lost draft picks, and 4 games out for Brady.  

You think Patriots fans give a shit about any of that?  Nope. And everyone else already forgot. 

This is where I'm at. If the title is not stripped, then it's still legit. Asterisks are fan creations and not really legit.

Every sport has told us there is no real ramifications to cheating. They will suspend and fine but that's it.

How about the Niners titles in the 80s? Didn't Montana and Rice openly talk about using substances to help them gain an edge in the pass game. Like a stick-em substance. And the saying goes "if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying".

There was a website that kept track of all the cheating done by every pro sports. And the Pats were not even close to being at the top. And every single team has been documented for cheating at some time.

This is where I'm at. If the title is not stripped, then it's still legit. Asterisks are fan creations and not really legit.
Every sport has told us there is no real ramifications to cheating. They will suspend and fine but that's it.
How about the Niners titles in the 80s? Didn't Montana and Rice openly talk about using substances to help them gain an edge in the pass game. Like a stick-em substance. And the saying goes "if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying".
There was a website that kept track of all the cheating done by every pro sports. And the Pats were not even close to being at the top. And every single team has been documented for cheating at some time.
Then go be a fan of the Patriots, Baylor and Penn's state...just because people get away with doesn't making it fucking right.

Also the rockets two NBA titles came with Jordan was "retired"

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also, baseball is a little different. Barry binds, Roger Clemson, ext are not stripped. But you going to talk to any baseball person who thinks there isn't an asterisk next to there name

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

DFW is in a big drought. We might have more history than Houston overall but that is because of the Cowboys success. They have us beat in NBA and MLB titles. I have only witnessed one team win a championship in my adult life (I'm 35) and that was the Mavs in 2011. Well the Horns in 2005 but I am focusing on pro sports right now.

Since apparently the stars in 1999 is too far back for you, the only title Houston has won since 1999 is the Astros in 2017. 
so what is better over the last 30 years?  Both city’s franchise groups have mostly gone without, unless you include WNBA and mls. 

2 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Then go be a fan of the Patriots, Baylor and Penn's state...just because people get away with doesn't making it fucking right.

Also the rockets two NBA titles came with Jordan was "retired"

I never said I would be a fan of some other teams because of a drought. If that was the case, I'd have bailed a long time ago. I won't get any satisfaction rooting for another team to win it all.

Just saying, I don't think I'd really care if the Rangers won it all and then it came to light years later they somehow cheated. The memories of watching them win it all and that journey would not mean any less to me because of it. And it would forever be with me. And by the record book (which is all that matters), they'd be champs. The court of public opinion holds no real weight. 

I'm friends with a few Patriots fans and they give zero shits with all the scandals around New england. They enjoy(ed) those rings.

9 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Do you really want to be lumped in with the douchy Pats/BoSox and now Houston fans?  I don't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I never said I would be a fan of some other teams because of a drought. If that was the case, I'd have bailed a long time ago. I won't get any satisfaction rooting for another team to win it all.

Just saying, I don't think I'd really care if the Rangers won it all and then it came to light years later they somehow cheated. The memories of watching them win it all and that journey would not mean any less to me because of it. And it would forever be with me. And by the record book (which is all that matters), they'd be champs. The court of public opinion holds no real weight. 

I'm friends with a few Patriots fans and they give zero shits with all the scandals around New england. They enjoy(ed) those rings.

No, the record book is not all that matters, but too many people agree with you, and that is part of the problem.  Now get off my lawn, while I reminisce about Landry's fedora, and getting Roger Staubach's autograph. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Do you really want to be lumped in with the douchy Pats/BoSox and now Houston fans?  I don't.

Boston people suck. Doesn't have much to do with their sports teams. 

All sports fans suck overall though. We are all fans of millionaires who work for a private employer that gets our loyalty and money simply because they where shirts with our city names on them. 

31 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

No, the record book is not all that matters, but too many people agree with you, and that is part of the problem.  Now get off my lawn, while I reminisce about Landry's fedora, and getting Roger Staubach's autograph. 

You should probably go look at those old Cowboy team payrolls vs the rest of the league.  If anything, that "edge" was more of a disproportionate advantage than what the Astros were doing. Half the teams Staubach played against were semi pro. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

20 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

You should probably go look at those old Cowboy team payrolls vs the rest of the league.  If anything, that "edge" was more of a disproportionate advantage than what the Astros were doing. Half the teams Staubach played against were semi pro. 

You are equating a team taking full advantage of the rules as they existed at the time to blatantly and shamelessly violating the rules of the league?  Shame on the Cowboys for playing their best players and not making them wear blindfolds so other teams would have a chance. 

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

You are equating a team taking full advantage of the rules as they existed at the time to blatantly and shamelessly violating the rules of the league?  Shame on the Cowboys for playing their best players and not making them wear blindfolds so other teams would have a chance. 

No, I'm telling you that the glory years you remembered weren't all that glorious either.  Your team bought some Super Bowl trophies.  You still love those trophies though.  Astros fans are still going to love their WS trophy.  Pats fans are going to still love all their Super Bowl trophies.

BTW, here is what your team's manager had to say earlier this season about this type of "shameless violat(ion)" (against the Astros no less):

"OAKLAND, Calif. - The Rangers are quickly gaining a reputation around the league as adept sign stealers. It is not a crime with which manager Chris Woodward has any concern being connected.

Over the weekend, Houston manager A.J. Hinch suggested the Rangers had picked up pitches from Gerrit Cole during a Saturday thrashing. It was the second time Cole had faced the Rangers in the first four weeks of the season. If there were trends or signs to pick up, facing him twice in a short period of time would only increase that possibility.

Woodward came from the Los Angeles organization, which was considered one of the most advanced when it came to identifying pitch tipping and sign stealing.

"I think we're getting better at it, I want us to," Woodward said Monday.

---

Woodward likens the art to being at a blackjack table.

"You know what you are holding," Woodward said. "Now, if you had a chance to know what both cards the dealer has are, wouldn't that increase your chances of success? And if you knew the dealer had with those two cards before you even placed your bet, wouldn't that increase your wager?"

Woodward said the Rangers have added several staff members and players who bring a lot in the area of identifying in-game trends. Against the Astros, the Rangers put up nine runs or more on Cole and Collin McHugh in back-to-back games. If the Rangers were able to turn the trick on the Astros, it ups the gamesmanship in the rivalry. The Astros have been considered the league's best at the art for several years."

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

All sports fans suck overall though. We are all fans of millionaires who work for a private employer that gets our loyalty and money simply because they where shirts with our city names on them. 

Maybe you should probably go back and look first. In 1994, the Cowboys were in the bottom five in salary. But don't let facts get in the way of enjoying your tainted ass team

Of course, the Giants are not alone in wrestling with the cap. Fourteen teams, or half the league, are already over the projected figure. According to the Players Association survey, the San Francisco 49ers have the highest payroll in the league right now, at $40,654,500, or about $6 million over the cap. Also facing plenty of problems are the Washington Redskins ($40,317,750), Buffalo Bills ($39,132,538) and the New Orleans Saints ($36,334,500) who have the fifth-highest payroll.

The bottom five teams in the survey were the Pittsburgh Steelers ($26,125,583), the Seattle Seahawks ($25,679,500), the Dallas Cowboys ($24,708,900), the New England Patriots ($20,065,888) and the Cincinnati Bengals ($19,190,750).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, idigTexas said:

9 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Maybe you should probably go back and look first. In 1994, the Cowboys were in the bottom five in salary. But don't let facts get in the way of enjoying your tainted ass team

Maybe you should probably go back and follow the thread first.  I wasn't talking about your 1994 team.  Still, even Jimmy looked the other way at Irvin's drug problems until the police and some strippers forced his hand.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

“The problem I have is when other people take shots at us outside this competition," Hinch said. "When you guys ask me this question, my face, my name is by my quotes, my opinions, my reaction is all for you guys to Tweet out and put on the broadcast. But we have people that are unnamed, or you guys have sources that are giving you information. I suggest they put their name by it if they’re so passionate about it to comment about my team or my players.”

“There’s nothing going on other than the competition on the field. The fact that I had to field the question before a really, really cool game at Yankee Stadium is unfortunate. But we can put it to rest. That will be the last question I answer about pitch tipping or pitch stealing.”

More of Hinch making an ass out of himself. 

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Maybe you should probably go back and follow the thread first.  I wasn't talking about your 1994 team.  Still, even Jimmy looked the other way at Irvin's drug problems until the police and some strippers forced his hand.

Jimmy wasn't even there when that shit went down.

18 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nah man.  aggy doesn't win anything whether they cheat or not.  We are being more full LSU.  Full aggy is going to be Ranger fans once the investigation spreads to them.

I will still be a fan, but I sure as well won't be happy about them cheating. 

• Like 1

Just in case anyone blocked out how fucking awful Mathis was, read the bolded. 

It doesn’t appear the Rangers’ signing of catcher Robinson Chirinos will put fellow veteran backstop Jeff Mathis’ roster spot in jeopardy. GM Jon Daniels said Wednesday that his expectation is that Chirinos and Mathis will open the season as the Rangers’ catchers, TR Sullivan of MLB.com tweets. If that proves to be the case, Jose Trevino will begin the year at the Triple-A level. But it’s possible Mathis, who’s due a $3MM salary in 2020, may first have to justify his place on the team in spring training. The soon-to-be 37-year-old has been a light-hitting defensive maven throughout his career, but his first season in Texas went poorly on both fronts. Mathis batted .158/.209/.224 en route to an almost unfathomable 2 wRC+ over 244 plate appearances, earned negative defensive marks from Baseball Prospectus and ranked last among position players in fWAR (minus-2.1).

On 1/15/2020 at 6:48 AM, FondrenRoad said:

Where are you getting Dallas paid a ton in the 70s? They were notorious because of Tex of being tough on giving raises...ISources say the Colts' Bert Jones earned $275,000 for a season in which he was mostly sidelined with a shoulder injury. Graig Mortion of Denver earned $241,000, Joe Theismann of the Redskins $180,000 and -- in the bargain of the year -- the Cowboys paid Roger Staubach $160,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1980/02/01/simpson-was-paid-806668-in-1979/c29c4667-f244-4b91-8391-ff2b7e30fea4/

Edited by txbroadcaster

35 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Where are you getting Dallas paid a ton in the 70s? They were notorious because of Tex of being tough on giving raises...ISources say the Colts' Bert Jones earned $275,000 for a season in which he was mostly sidelined with a shoulder injury. Graig Mortion of Denver earned $241,000, Joe Theismann of the Redskins $180,000 and -- in the bargain of the year -- the Cowboys paid Roger Staubach $160,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1980/02/01/simpson-was-paid-806668-in-1979/c29c4667-f244-4b91-8391-ff2b7e30fea4/

What happened to that Tarkenton claim?  700k or something?  Gone?  Your edit practically produced a whole new post.  

Regardless, plenty of squads could pay one player. Dallas paid them all. The comparison you're looking for is total payroll. Staubach was dropping back in air conditioned comfort. 

To be honest though, QBs are mostly overrated, so Landry was right to pay Staubach less and the O Line a little more.  Even in the 90s, Aikman was an above average QB.  Maybe even average. That offensive line was one of the best of all time. There were probably 10 to 15 QBs in the league that could have won the super bowl behind it. Hell, Trent Dilfer won one not long after that with a slightly worse O line and a better defense. And Dilfer sucks as a QB.

Deflategate was total bullshit. It was nothing, zilch, made into a bogus controversy by that stupid fat commie cocksucker Goodell baselessly throwing his weight around because he's just a fat commie cunt.

Their video shit was dirty.

Fuck the Patriots. They can suck it.

Stealing signs is not illegal. Players on the field steal signs. It's part of the game. there is no rule against it. It is gamesmanship, been going on for over a century, perfectly legit. It is, however, absolutely cheating to use technology, cameras, electronic devices, signaling devices, like the dirtyass cheating Astros did. That's a fact.

The Astros should not have an asterisk. They fucking cheated and it had a huge effect on the games they cheated their asses off in. Their title should be vacated, plain and simple. They don't cheat, they don't fucking win that shit.

I am generally indifferent about the Astros. Never had any animosity for them, despite those aggy-like fans with their weirdo complex about the Rangers that makes no fucking sense. I generally root for the Astros when the Rangers aren't involved, being a Texas team...except when they cheated like cheatin' ass bitches, and they deserve to be shamed relentlessly for their dirtyass scumbag cheating, also shaming the state of Texas as well, like aggy. Their fans should be pounding their teams' asses for cheating them as well with a dirty unearned word series and making them look like assholes, making up bullshit excuses for their dirtyass scumbag cheating scandal.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, DougO said:

Deflategate was total bullshit. It was nothing, zilch, made into a bogus controversy by that stupid fat commie cocksucker Goodell baselessly throwing his weight around because he's just a fat commie cunt.

Their video shit was dirty.

Fuck the Patriots. They can suck it.

Stealing signs is not illegal. Players on the field steal signs. It's part of the game. there is no rule against it. It is gamesmanship, been going on for over a century, perfectly legit. It is, however, absolutely cheating to use technology, cameras, electronic devices, signaling devices, like the dirtyass cheating Astros did. That's a fact.

The Astros should not have an asterisk. They fucking cheated and it had a huge effect on the games they cheated their asses off in. Their title should be vacated, plain and simple. They don't cheat, they don't fucking win that shit.

I am generally indifferent about the Astros. Never had any animosity for them, despite those aggy-like fans with their weirdo complex about the Rangers that makes no fucking sense. I generally root for the Astros when the Rangers aren't involved, being a Texas team...except when they cheated like cheatin' ass bitches, and they deserve to be shamed relentlessly for their dirtyass scumbag cheating, also shaming the state of Texas as well, like aggy. Their fans should be pounding their teams' asses for cheating them as well with a dirty unearned word series and making them look like assholes, making up bullshit excuses for their dirtyass scumbag cheating scandal.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Update on our old ballpark

82103025_3387646361277778_82805939147175

Makes me a little sad. It’s going to be a strange feeling going to the new park and seeing the old one across the street after having so many great memories with my family over the years. But I felt that way about Arlington Stadium too and I eventually got over that. Couldn’t they have put a damn roof on the Ballpark?

• Like 1