2020 Texas Rangers Offseason

CowtownHorn

2 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

4 weeks to home opener at our brand new hay barn.

Thinking I’m going to drive up from Austin, either by myself or with my 4yo son. I’ve had a reservation at the Sheraton since middle of 2019.  

Any you cats going?

Fuck the Angels. 

I took the day off. But the transmission went out in my truck so my money going to that now. But I'll uber over to a sports bar

On 2/26/2020 at 3:43 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

I know it's early, but Guzman and IKF have been awful at the plate so far.

On 2/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, ss13 said:

IKF just can’t hit. Duffy will beat him out for the UIF role, he’s started at SS twice already. 

We pissed IKF off, he's 7-11 since. Guzman & Bird still haven't done shit though. 

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

87813977_10163006374225384_8252768621198

87736591_10163006374565384_5159858312233

That is one butt ugly ballpark.  I was hoping it would look better in reality than the butt ugly renderings, but I think it actually looks worse.  I hear Jerry is going to install a privacy fence so visitors to AT&T Stadium don't have to see it. 

2 hours ago, idigTexas said:

That is one butt ugly ballpark.  I was hoping it would look better in reality than the butt ugly renderings, but I think it actually looks worse.  I hear Jerry is going to install a privacy fence so visitors to AT&T Stadium don't have to see it. 

Yep. If they ever open the roof, it will probably get stuck.

But, will be there for a few games hoping the damn Rangers will get their shit together.

16 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Don’t care. Air conditioning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

Most of these retractable roof stadiums look pretty similar from what I can tell.  I went to Seattle a few years ago, and though I didn't attend a game, the outside of that one looked pretty ugly too.

Same for all these new NFL stadiums. They all look the same and pretty generic. 

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Same for all these new NFL stadiums. They all look the same and pretty generic. 

Vapid, characterless, corporate caverns. This generation of stadiums for Dallas sports are all worse than their predecessors. I miss Reunion, and Texas Stadium. AC will be nice, though. My August/September attendance will spike. 

• Like 1

Grant seems to think we’ll keep Bird simply because he would refuse his AAA assignment. If IKF somehow keeps hitting, I’d can both 1B, play Frazier there with Duffy UIF. 
Go into this a little bit more for me. Ikf at 1st. Frazier at 3rd. Ikf back up as on andrus days off. Bird and ikf split at 1st base? Odor at 2nd with solak on his days off???

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Guzman in Nashville, Bird dead for all I care, Frazier 1B, IKF 3B, Duffy UIF, Solak plays more CF than anywhere else (has yet to play an inning elsewhere this spring). 

Having said all that, I highly doubt they’ll jettison both 1B. 

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

I will be shocked if Joey plays a single inning in LF this season. Free Willie ain’t gonna sit much. 

Willie is gonna hit and hit and hit this year.

I reckon he and Solak and Joey are going to show they are professional hitters.  

As long as Willie is average in LF he's gonna be a plus player.  

Hopefully Condor can improve and Leody can be called up over the summer to remind folks what a plus CFer looks like.

14 hours ago, ss13 said:

Joey will be well-above average in RF. Think about the shit we watched with Choo & Maz out there. 

Joey is OK in right, but the problme is he's probably the best defensive center fielder on the team. That's not a good sign.