Diablo 4

Michael Knight

My standard play to clear an area is to run in to pull a bunch of mobs, space bar out of the pack, tendrils, bone spear for vulnerable, and the pop off a bunch of corpse explosions 

Edited by heso

14 minutes ago, speed817 said:

I did sanguine chapel on my level 24 barb last night.  Not the best place for a melee character IMHO.  Died a lot.  Only being able to carry 4 pots kinda sucks.

I only say this because I didn't notice it for like 10-20 levels in and I'm dense, but you can TP back to town and go to the healer (a heart icon) to refill pots back to 5.

1 hour ago, Yuk said:

I only say this because I didn't notice it for like 10-20 levels in and I'm dense, but you can TP back to town and go to the healer (a heart icon) to refill pots back to 5.

Not while you're getting pummeled by an elite mob lol

I picked this game up, never played a Diablo game prior, and boy do I not know what I am doing. I am stuck in act one The cost of knowledge. I just cannot beat Vhenard. I am trying to Bob and weave, but I eventually get hit enough that I die.

Any tips would be great. I am using a Sorcerer, so it could just be that I am leveling up incorrectly on the board.

48 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

I picked this game up, never played a Diablo game prior, and boy do I not know what I am doing. I am stuck in act one The cost of knowledge. I just cannot beat Vhenard. I am trying to Bob and weave, but I eventually get hit enough that I die.

Any tips would be great. I am using a Sorcerer, so it could just be that I am leveling up incorrectly on the board.

What skills are you using on sorcerer? And is this world tier 1 or 2 (first selection you made in the game on difficulty)?

52 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Hit YouTube and search for the boss' name and/or Sorcerer builds.

What skills are you using on sorcerer? And is this world tier 1 or 2 (first selection you made in the game on difficulty)?

So I was on WT 2 to begin with, and dropped down to WT1 with similar results. I am only level 15, so I am wondering if I need to level up a bit more.

I have frost bolt rank 4/5. Incinerate 4/5. glass Cannon rank 3/3.

I basically followed a build online that had some recommendations for being somewhat balanced.

I will keep scouring YouTube for more suggestions.

Glass cannon is probably unneccesary. And incinerate obliterates your mana and requires you to stand still. But if you like it, keep it.

You'll want to pick up teleport and learn how to use it for that fight.

And maybe even consider either/both of ice armor and frost nova. Both are excellent.

Being that you're level 15, you'll want to do the quest where you unlock an enchantment slot and toss it on one of your skills.

Focus on resists, armor, and life if you're dying. Open up your stats and scroll down to resists and see if any of them need tweaking. I'm not sure if you have access to gems or slotted jewelry/armor, but dropping gems in jewelry can tweak your resists, and gems in armor can increase health, etc.

I can't find what type of damage Vhenard does, but it may be shadow damage based on look of her skills.

• Like 1

Glass cannon is probably unneccesary. And incinerate obliterates your mana and requires you to stand still. But if you like it, keep it.
You'll want to pick up teleport and learn how to use it for that fight.
And maybe even consider either/both of ice armor and frost nova. Both are excellent.
Being that you're level 15, you'll want to do the quest where you unlock an enchantment slot and toss it on one of your skills.
Focus on resists, armor, and life if you're dying. Open up your stats and scroll down to resists and see if any of them need tweaking. I'm not sure if you have access to gems or slotted jewelry/armor, but dropping gems in jewelry can tweak your resists, and gems in armor can increase health, etc.
I can't find what type of damage Vhenard does, but it may be shadow damage based on look of her skills.

Thank you the tips. I appreciate it. I noticed that incinerate does drain mana to a gray extent. I will look into teleport makes a ton of sense.

The thing with Vhenard is that you have to nuke the adds as quickly as possible. When they spawn, ignore the boss if anything else is alive. 

I don’t know much about the sorcerer but I don’t like doing that boss on my necro until I get Bone Spirit so I can kill the adds faster. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Like 1

I ended up beating Vhenard tonight. The enchantment mission and obtaining enough renown to get the fifth potion slot really helped. I just kept doing other things until I got the fifth potion slot. Beat her the first time once that was obtained.

40 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Well, hell. My first necro, Abigail, just died to the chat monster. I apparently clicked on the chat frame during a hectic fight and it dutifully captured all of my keystrokes meant to kill things or run away. So that was fun.

Brianna will avenge her. 

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2023 at 6:46 AM, speed817 said:

Finally finished the campaign last night lol.  Got sidetracked with side quests for the past two weeks.  Some great cinematic cut scenes towards the end.

Agree. Campaign is much better than D3.

I finished a few days ago myself. Been grinding renown for the skill and paragon points past few days. I'm trying to decide if I want to bother with an alt before seasons begin.

Well I finally decided I don’t like seeing my family that much anyway and bought this last night.  It’s been a decade, but I don’t remember an internet connection being mandatory for d3.  

Started with necro. Only to lvl 10. I get much more enjoyment than I should from spamming corpse explosion 

Well I finally decided I don’t like seeing my family that much anyway and bought this last night.  It’s been a decade, but I don’t remember an internet connection being mandatory for d3.  

Started with necro. Only to lvl 10. I get much more enjoyment than I should from spamming corpse explosion 
How do you not remember that Internet connection debacle for D3 launch???

Yes Necro corpse explosion is extremely satisfying.

Started a sorcerer alt after finishing the campaign. Unstable Currents is almost OP. It is complete death and destruction. So fun.

I like the post-campaign game mechanics, and I bumped my main character up to Nightmare. Still not too tough.

15 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Started a sorcerer alt after finishing the campaign. Unstable Currents is almost OP. It is complete death and destruction. So fun.

I like the post-campaign game mechanics, and I bumped my main character up to Nightmare. Still not too tough.

I've been running an electric build since launch. Currently only at level 77 (as I'm old and can't play that much), but ball lightly/unstable currents build focusing on stun damage + vulnerability absolutely melts shit. The cooldown reset after pulling in huge groups of elites happens before the fight is over. It's not 100% uptime on Unstable Currents yet, but it's close.

There are some nightmare dungeons you have to avoid as everything dies at your feet. But it's very fun.

It's similar to the WW barb in that you can move through levels very quickly.

9 hours ago, Yuk said:

I've been running an electric build since launch. Currently only at level 77 (as I'm old and can't play that much), but ball lightly/unstable currents build focusing on stun damage + vulnerability absolutely melts shit. The cooldown reset after pulling in huge groups of elites happens before the fight is over. It's not 100% uptime on Unstable Currents yet, but it's close.

There are some nightmare dungeons you have to avoid as everything dies at your feet. But it's very fun.

It's similar to the WW barb in that you can move through levels very quickly.

What do you mean everything dies at your feet. Is that bad?

What do you mean everything dies at your feet. Is that bad?

There’s a chest piece unique that sucks mobs into you when you teleport and stuns them. It’s used in a ton of builds and I had it drop in WT3. Super handy but a great deal of the enemies die at your feet. There’s a nightmare dungeon affix where dead enemies explode for a ton of lightning damage. So if you’re not careful you end up killing yourself as you have maybe ten enemies dead at your feet because you’re sucking in huge groups in many cases. It’s fun as hell though so you just avoid those nightmare sigil affixes altogether.
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 12:15 PM, speed817 said:

I created a Texas Exes clan if you guys are interested.  Figured this would be the best way to find groups since everyone in the game seems anti-social lol

I’ll look it up tomorrow night. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Drop rate still at lottery odds or did they increase it to just beyond ridiculous odds?

Word on the street is you're looking at a 2% drop rate from Duriel to get an Uber. There are 7 possible Ubers, so it's not unheard of to have 500+ Duriel kills without a Harlequin Crest. It was my 4th Uber and it dropped around the 700th Duriel kill or so. Of course, there are plenty of people who get it before their 5th run. Drops much more frequently than before, but can still be difficult to get.

• 2 months later...

Haven't kept up on this thread.

S1 was not received well.

S2 was pretty fantastic.

S3 started off terribly, like for real traps aren't fun and interacted with in an intuitive way in the first place and you built a season around that? They've effectively made that whole piece not matter anymore and generally everyone enjoys the season more. I purposely started late and I've really enjoyed it for the most part.

I still dislike farming steel despite the increased drop rate in S2.