Highland Park mother of 10 busted for drug trafficking

C-Man

PARK CITIES, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Park Cities mother of ten is among a group of people caught up in a drug trafficking operation.

Gina Bishop-Corwin, 51, is among those indicted on seven counts involving drug and weapons charges.

The developer was arrested at her Highland Park home.

aasuspect1.jpg?w=300

Gina Bishop-Corwin

The Drug Enforcement Administration said a group of ten men and women were trafficking illegal drugs including fentanyl.

The suspects were exposed when a Collin County man suffered a fatal overdose.

Gary Collin Bussell, 50, and his girlfriend were also arrested when the feds raided his townhome which is also in Highland Park.

aabussell.jpg?w=300

Gary Collin Bussell

They are among those accused of conspiring to traffic narcotics starting in 2014.

Sources tell CBS 11 News the operation became exposed last December when Fairview Police responded to this apartment complex in the Collin County town.

A 30-year-old man was found dead inside his apartment from a fatal overdose of fentanyl.

It was eventually traced back to those who now facing federal charges.

The indictments reveal that the 10 accused “…did knowingly and intentionally combine, conspire and agree to… distribute and possess with the intent to distribute a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Amphetamine Adderall, Cocaine and Fentanyl.“

The U.S. Attorney’s office declined comment on the operation.

The ten defendants face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/10/31/highland-park-mother-gina-bishop-corwin-arrested-drug-trafficking/?fbclid=IwAR382EVaxyUYyUn4A3kkgeVd1DZ4I4PX_dKNgEccJjVWSBCzxPJRIWxuiLQ

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah based on that guy's mugshot I'm guessing "Highland Park" was the name of the trailer park behind Highland Lanes. Or maybe their shitty little enclave was on the wrong side of the street and they had to create a drug empire to pay the property taxes. 

there’s somewhat affordable shit housing in the park cities.  or there was in the late 90s-early aughts.  I had some hoodrat friends.  

19 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

If you live in a townhome, are you really from Highland Park?

The guy in the photo lived in a townhome. The chick lives in 4100 block of Stanford (I think). This isn’t some renter running a drug shop out of a rental.

6 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Oh...  I thought a smitty is a retarted, male squirrel that rapes small, innocent female babies. Smitties are about 5 boners long and are dark brown with glowing purple eyes. When they turn 16 days old they grow wings that come out of each ass cheek to help them fly short distances.

spacer.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Oh...  I thought a smitty is a retarted, male squirrel that rapes small, innocent female babies. Smitties are about 5 boners long and are dark brown with glowing purple eyes. When they turn 16 days old they grow wings that come out of each ass cheek to help them fly short distances.

FQ2C4UNIRF7TG59.LARGE.jpg

1385853_342213375915558_435022329_n.jpg

9 hours ago, futureman said:

there was a pretty good football player at HP very recently with one of her surnames.  wonder if he’s one of her 10 kids. 

3 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

He is, plays at OU now. 

OU? I'm shocked.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Finn Corwin. Plays at OU and has brother that plays ball at OU. Pretty sure it’s his mom. Their house is...underwhelming. I doubt she had much money. 

yeah I knew the name.  slight, short, slow, and white but he found holes in the defense.  had an incredible route + catch on 4th and 15 in the final minutes of the state championship vs manvel.  but he’ll never sniff playing time in FBS football. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t know. I never thought Cole Beasley would amount to shit. Finn isn’t slow, but he’s no Jake Smith

oh god, dude.  cole beasley was goddamn electric at little elm and his name was known around the metroplex to people that followed hs football. corwin was a 5’8” 155 lb possession receiver who ran a 4.7 and was pretty damn good in 5A.  hp churns those guys out every. single. year.

he’s is nowhere even marginally close to the athlete squirrel is.  not your best take. 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Well, one went to OU and the other SMU. And he didn’t run a 4.7. Whats Mike White up to lil buddy?

one had scholarship offers and the other didn’t.  don’t be thick.  you will never hear corwin’s name again unless it’s in this thread or in reference to his kingpin mother.

and he did run a 4.7

I went through that off-season program.  those times are doctored to boost morale. 

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's a bit surprising that more white, semi-wealthy businesspeople aren't connected to drug dealing.  That there aren't more Gus Frings.

There probably are, but our marginally competent drug cops can't/won't pursue them.

my man, you have no idea.

some 23yo kid from Terrell Hills was telling me a week ago or so about how he and his buddies went in on a key so they could have half for themselves and then just sell the rest at their friends club/bar so they could have their stash for free. it’s the same shit your stoner roommate might have done with weed 15 yrs ago. 

he was very surprised to find out that’s a Federal crime and will get your life steamrolled.  

fun note- his aunt is a former Fed ass. DA.

fuckin idiots.

33 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

my man, you have no idea.

some 23yo kid from Terrell Hills was telling me a week ago or so about how he and his buddies went in on a key so they could have half for themselves and then just sell the rest at their friends club/bar so they could have their stash for free. it’s the same shit your stoner roommate might have done with weed 15 yrs ago. 

he was very surprised to find out that’s a Federal crime and will get your life steamrolled.  

fun note- his aunt is a former Fed ass. DA.

fuckin idiots.

I mean dumbass rich kids are one thing.  There's never been a shortage of those.

I mean full-on grownups already involved in possibly semi-shady business (some homebuilders would seem to fit this model, as seems to be the case here), looking to "diversify."

I think one problem is that it's hard not to get drawn totally into it, both because of the greed and the "commitments" the "wholesalers" may force.

• Like 1