SMU at Memphis - 6:30 CT ABC

Tailgate

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Fuck it, I love those Allstate Mayhem commercials.

way the hell too many insurance company ads.  Allstate, State Farm, Progressive, Geico, Hartford, Liberty Mutual. They dominate the airwaves. How much fucking money do these institutions have?/? And all their ads completely suck. 

Just now, 'stache said:

Peruna is the better of their fight songs.

That didn't come up in my search. But I have Peruna in an iTunes playlist of SWC fight songs.  There's a narrator who says, "From high on the Hilltop .  . . in Big D.  The Southern Methodist Band."  

Honestly a win we only gave up 23. Need to establish the run better and Shane needs to be sharper in the 2nd half. D needs to cover the out route better and not get beat downfield.

Great fucking game so far though. Amazed that SMU is giving me football of this caliber to watch. Playing with house money as a fan. 

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

Upset alert: East Carolina v. Cincinnati. 

WTF?  

Cincy at #17 is absurd. They haven't beat anyone and got pantsed by tOSU 42-0. Guess 6-1 looks good on paper. Quality loss.

Would love it if they beat Memphis, but not seeing them coming into this environment and winning. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Honestly a win we only gave up 23. Need to establish the run better and Shane needs to be sharper in the 2nd half. D needs to cover the out route better and not get beat downfield.

Great fucking game so far though. Amazed that SMU is giving me football of this caliber to watch. Playing with house money as a fan. 

Dude why is your kicker/punter such a scrub? They might as well onside kick every kickoff if this is going to continue. 

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Dude why is your kicker/punter such a scrub? They might as well onside kick every kickoff if this is going to continue. 

It's been an issue all year. I couldn't give you an answer, other than it's hard to field a team at SMU without some holes on the roster. Why those holes are at extremely important positions I'm not sure. 

Meanwhile our soccer team is a perennially ranked program, and might be one of the 5 best squads this season. 

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Yeah I figured they could find someone better in the student body.

This is the difference in the game. With average special teams and Roberson, SMU wins this by 2 touchdowns. 

Yep. Sucks to suck. Play by play we've been the better team, but starting field position is killing us. 

Not that we can't overcome it - we can be a little better on both sides of the ball - but it's a shitty hole to dig yourself into. 

36 minutes ago, NowThis said:

way the hell too many insurance company ads.  Allstate, State Farm, Progressive, Geico, Hartford, Liberty Mutual. They dominate the airwaves. How much fucking money do these institutions have?/? And all their ads completely suck. 

giphy.gif