SMU at Memphis - 6:30 CT ABC

Tailgate

I knew we were in for a dog fight coming in. Feel like our kick off team cost us this one... you can’t give a team as good as Memphis is that kind of starting field position and expect to win. Proud of the way our guys battled till the end and I hate saying this because we lost the game but this was definitely Shane’s best game so far this year. Sucks to lose... but at the same time had you told me we would be 8-1 before the season began I would have laughed. Not one to celebrate moral victories usually but it hurts to see these guys come up short because the drive is so much different with this SMU team vs any other SMU team I’ve seen in my life (I’m 31 years old, not a man yet because I’m not 40). Hoping this loss fuels them down the stretch and would LOVE for Cinci to beat Memphis....

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 2:05 PM, TwiceHorn said:

In all likelihood that means he was Methodist clergy or lay leadership rather than a rich big shot. 

The Methodist part is for real, although more dirty papists attend than Methodists, currently. 

Right. He was a minister and not a rich man by any means. SMU was never meant to be what it became. 

• Like 1