SMU at Memphis - 6:30 CT ABC

Tailgate

I see no reason to go for two there when you can get it to 7. Even if you're 100 percent confident in that play - which it looks like they should have been - just pull it out to go ahead.

But SMU isn't gonna get a stop and OL touchdowns are the shit so I approve.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just now, gmr548 said:

I see no reason to go for two there when you can get it to 7. Even if you're 100 percent confident in that play - which it looks like they should have been - just pull it out to go ahead.

See 1969 arky game for explanation

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Line was between 5.5-6.5 pts. Maybe he was doing a friend a solid. 

• Like 2

See 1969 arky game for explanation

Uh, there's overtime now for one. Comparing 2pt decisions now to 1969 is apples vs oranges bc games don't end in ties.

But I also think it's probably better to just defer the decision for later, especially if you've got a play like that in your pocket that you are pretty damn confident works if you execute. I guess maybe you could think it takes the pressure off the execution of the play and builds momentum. But I think using that play as a KO is a better plan if you want to play to win.

54 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Uh, there's overtime now for one. Comparing 2pt decisions now to 1969 is apples vs oranges bc games don't end in ties.

But I also think it's probably better to just defer the decision for later, especially if you've got a play like that in your pocket that you are pretty damn confident works if you execute. I guess maybe you could think it takes the pressure off the execution of the play and builds momentum. But I think using that play as a KO is a better plan if you want to play to win.

As a result, if SMU gets the ball back and scores 7 they win.  I wouldn't want to go to OT against Memphis tonight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woodrow Call said:

I was at the game. Never seen an atmosphere like that in Memphis, from the Game Day crowd on Beale Street to the stadium. Place was rocking. Great game...Go Tigers!

Man y'all brought it hard. It was crazy loud and not sure many SMU players have ever been in an environment like that. The band is badass as well. Everyone was pretty nice and said they really enjoyed the away fans coming for a visit but I sit in good seats so might have been different in other sections. Memphis is a damn good team and got a bye at the right time. 

11 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Man y'all brought it hard. It was crazy loud and not sure many SMU players have ever been in an environment like that. The band is badass as well. Everyone was pretty nice and said they really enjoyed the away fans coming for a visit but I sit in good seats so might have been different in other sections. Memphis is a damn good team and got a bye at the right time. 

So glad you got to make the game and happy to hear you were treated well. I was super impressed with #3. That guy is one hell of a football player. I pull for SMU when they're not playing Memphis. My great-grandfather was one of SMU's founders and an original Trustee. Great school. 

• Like 1

So glad you got to make the game and happy to hear you were treated well. I was super impressed with #3. That guy is one hell of a football player. I pull for SMU when they're not playing Memphis. My great-grandfather was one of SMU's founders and an original Trustee. Great school. 

This is how you humblebrag, people. Take note.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This is how you humblebrag, people. Take note.

In all likelihood that means he was Methodist clergy or lay leadership rather than a rich big shot. 

The Methodist part is for real, although more dirty papists attend than Methodists, currently.