Homemade Pizza Tips...Just the Tips

Landomatic

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, they must have have grown too fast and haven't been able to meet demand.  There are a lot of things on their website that are out of stock.

Yeah. Between a pretty sweet product with the 16, lockdown kicking off right when they released, a huge order volume and probably supply chain issues they have been hammered. I ordered mine in March I think and got it in august iirc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Made a couple pies for the game yesterday.  Some of my best work top to bottom IMO.

Left is just normal margherita with pepperoni.  On the right, I tried a black truffle burrata instead of just regular mozzarella.  Although I just used the outside part and tried not to use as much of the inside creamy stuff as possible, it was still probably a little too wet.  But it did offer a hint of truffle and a little different overall flavor and texture, which was nice.

xbn8ii.jpg

aUevAO.jpg

This one's just spicy italian sausage, half black olive, half pepperoni.  Really really really good.

tMQidc.jpg

0DUyB3.jpg

Edited by Landomatic
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Made a couple pies for the game yesterday.  Some of my best work top to bottom IMO.

Left is just normal margherita with pepperoni.  On the right, I tried a black truffle burrata instead of just regular mozzarella.  Although I just used the outside part and tried not to use as much of the inside creamy stuff as possible, it was still probably a little too wet.  But it did offer a hint of truffle and a little different overall flavor and texture, which was nice.

xbn8ii.jpg

This one's just spicy italian sausage, half black olive, half pepperoni.  Really really really good.

What's your preferred brand of pepperoni's?

8 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Scrolled back a page and didn't see anything. I noticed that Hormel is now selling curl up pepperoni. It may be trash but I bought a couple of bags of it. I will report back. 

maxresdefault.jpg

The problem with the Hormel brand is they have BHA, BHT in the ingredients which are no-go's at our house.  

BHA and BHT can induce allergic reactions in the skin [1]. The International Agency for Research on Cancer classifies BHA as a possible human carcinogen [2]. The European Commission on Endocrine Disruption has also listed BHA as a Category 1 priority substance, based on evidence that it interferes with hormone function [3].

43 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

What's your preferred brand of pepperoni's?

Molinari and Sons

http://www.molinarisalame.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=17

But I usually just use whatever’s available from whatever store I happen to be shopping at.  Preferably Whole Foods or Central Market.

20 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Scrolled back a page and didn't see anything. I noticed that Hormel is now selling curl up pepperoni. It may be trash but I bought a couple of bags of it. I will report back. 

maxresdefault.jpg

7 hours ago, elfenix said:

kinda plasticky to eat right out of the bag. 

From what I understand, the cupping action happens because of the casing.  Like maybe the more plasticky the casing, the more cupping action?

For those keeping an eye out for Ooni, here's a deal at Bloomingdales where you stack with a 15% first email signup discount. Stock is already selling out on the 16, still have the 12 and the Pro16:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14622190-ooni-koda-12-portable-gas-powered-pizza-oven-up-to-12-pizza-224-more-free-s-h?src=SiteSearch

• 2 weeks later...

Detroit pizza tonight to celebrate youngest returning home.  Dough is currently proofing and I'm a little worried I got my measurements wrong.  It's real wet and sticky, stickier than I remember from the last time I made it.  

Used some sourdough discard for flavoring and I'm thinking I didn't mix it thoroughly enough and got too much water versus flour.

Will post some pics later.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

I make a big batch of these and these freeze in large cube tray.  Pop in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.  Basically one big cube per pie. And I haven't added the fennel, just because it is not something we keep around.  This is a great base for any white pizza. 

B70374-F8-CC0-C-40-B0-B082-EF22-DF7214-F

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I make a big batch of these and these freeze in large cube tray.  Pop in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.  Basically one big cube per pie. And I haven't added the fennel, just because it is not something we keep around.  This is a great base for any white pizza. 

B70374-F8-CC0-C-40-B0-B082-EF22-DF7214-F

For a pizza that size how much spring cream?  Quarter it?

15 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Welp, no carb january going really well.  Star of the night was the white pizza with white onions and garlic slices.  Spring cream recipe is really outstanding with just cheese, but really showed out tonight. 

A118-E4-CC-E724-433-C-96-CC-B6420-D6-FBC

FB52073-D-E696-4-E01-A1-BD-AC1-A10-D6-C8

09-CFA48-F-90-BC-4193-A34-D-C4-CC8-CBB59

DA320783-E203-49-AB-95-DD-8478-F1-F2-AF4

27-A85723-2-CC4-4388-A9-BE-221-F63-AC744

Wait...where's the no carb part?

giphy.gif

Edited by Landomatic

Made this thing the other night.  Don't usually like non-traditional pizzas, but this was amazing.  Used pesto for the sauce (go easy on it as it's really really wet).  Then on the first half, it was pineapple, bacon, japs.  Other half was just chicken.  Then regular mozzarella on the whole thing and a teriyaki swirl.  The bacon/pineapple/jalapeño one was one of the best I've ever had.  

beQmrM.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 12:12 AM, dad said:

I don’t know if it’s because I’m on limited calories and anything tastes good but this Costco crust absolutely blew me away. WTF. If this is semi healthy eating ice found my cheat meal. It was so crunchy unlike my attempt at cauliflower pizza crust that ended up like mashed potatoes. And it had a solid flavor. Would recommend for anyone trying to limit calories and carbs.

016a4acf0975d7b02340fc0306fcf11e.jpg

612b44834cd0bda27035157e2b3ef846.jpg

ed9d25c5e0353654127c29ba6b493ad9.jpg

Only 500 calories for half of a medium sized pizza loaded with chicken and pepperoni ain’t fucking bad for a great cheat meal.

ce4422a84618d709fa14ae5af757e74a.jpg

This crust says 24g carbs per ¼ pizza.  So, 96g per pie.  Doesn't seem all that low.  Hell, what's a regular one, like 120g?  What am I missing here?  Or is this one of those "net carb" things?

On 1/20/2021 at 7:53 AM, Landomatic said:

This crust says 24g carbs per ¼ pizza.  So, 96g per pie.  Doesn't seem all that low.  Hell, what's a regular one, like 120g?  What am I missing here?  Or is this one of those "net carb" things?

Yeah good point. Doesn't seem like carb wise its that low. Calorie wise it does seem to be lower than what you would expect. Honestly I am not into low carb diets, been there done that and felt like shit. I just watch my calorie intake via calorie counting and try to work out and that's it.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:32 AM, Landomatic said:

Made this thing the other night.  Don't usually like non-traditional pizzas, but this was amazing.  Used pesto for the sauce (go easy on it as it's really really wet).  Then on the first half, it was pineapple, bacon, japs.  Other half was just chicken.  Then regular mozzarella on the whole thing and a teriyaki swirl.  The bacon/pineapple/jalapeño one was one of the best I've ever had.  

beQmrM.jpg

I've done pesto chicken bacon and it was great. Only thing I would change in yours is I would use pickled jalapenos because look like you used raw ones and they could have used a little bit of pre-sautéing to soften them up beforehand. 

On 1/23/2021 at 12:14 PM, dad said:

I've done pesto chicken bacon and it was great. Only thing I would change in yours is I would use pickled jalapenos because look like you used raw ones and they could have used a little bit of pre-sautéing to soften them up beforehand. 

I like my japs a little snappy