Texas opens as a 5 favorite v Kansas State

TexasMan

51 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

They’re our Super Bowl?

You're closer to the truth than some would think. The rational thought would be UT wins but not much in this world is rational anymore. If KSU jumps to an early lead it might be all the momentum they need to win it.

When the gooners played with urgency, they scored at will (last 7 mins.) KSU had completely taken the life out of that ou squad until it was time to snap out of it. Do I predict us coming out firing with tempo, speed, and aggression? Not at all. I expect a slow ass progressive plan as always, but fuck I’ve never wanted to be wrong so bad I bet my life. Please, Tom, surprise us all. 

14 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So surly spends the first half of the season making fun of anyone perceived to have UT under ranked, and now were are proceeding to make fun of anyone who predicts UT will win?

Welcome !!!  Nice to have you on board.  Come on in and take a seat.

infomercial come on in GIF

Edited by smwhorn

So let's talk about the number.  Most places have it at 57 or 57 1/2.  So that's a 33-25 game for Texas to cover and go over.  

These fellers think purple guys are only going to score 25 against us?  Purple drank maybe.

Edited by smwhorn

K-State has only beaten Texas and Oklahoma in the same year three times in their history.

Also Big 12 teams compared to Austin BBQ spots.

https://www-1.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article237129619.html

t’s been a while since I compared anything to Big 12 football teams, but I’m happy to do it again for this topic.

You know the way to my heart, or more precisely my stomach. Austin is the best town on the planet for barbecue.

We’ll go by the current Big 12 standings:

Baylor: Stiles Switch.

The Bears don’t get the same publicity as Texas or Oklahoma, and this BBQ joint doesn’t get as much love as some other Austin spots that have huge crowds of people lining up for smoked meat. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t both good. Baylor is undefeated and Stiles Switch is Austin’s best BBQ restaurant that doesn’t double as a tourist trap.

Oklahoma: La Barbecue.

The Sooners usually win the Big 12 but they always seem to be No. 2 in the conference when it comes to national attention. The same could be said for La Barbecue in the realm of Austin food. Its barbecue is arguably the best around, but its lines are much shorter than some other spots.

Kansas State: County Line.

The Wildcats and this restaurant share one big thing in common: They are both throw backs. Chris Klieman likes to run the ball and win with defense. The County Line cooks up good, simple barbecue with a few more options than the town’s newcomers while also offering some old-school staples like thick-sliced bread that is so tasty a few members of my family save it for dessert.

Texas: Franklin Barbecue.

This isn’t the best comparison, because Aaron Franklin smokes the best brisket in the world and the Longhorns are far from the nation’s best college football team. But they have both won championships before and probably get more publicity than they deserve. As good as Franklin’s is, it’s hard to justify waiting four hours for food barbecue more than once a year.

Oklahoma State: Terry Black’s.

Everything at this place is great, but it might be best known its huge, incredible beef ribs. I feel like Mike Gundy and the Cowboys like eating beef ribs.

Iowa State: Poke-e-Jo’s.

It’s not a destination restaurant. Iowa State isn’t a destination job. But they’re both solid. Bonus: you can order real sides like french fries here.

TCU: Iron Works.

The Horned Frogs and this restaurant both have lots of history. Iron Works has solid barbecue, a fun scene and a quirky building. TCU has Gary Patterson.

West Virginia: Salt Lick.

The original location isn’t technically in Austin. You have to travel a bit out of your way to Driftwood. And once you get there you can only pay in cash. But you can bring your own beer and they have an all-you-can-eat plate! It’s a different place. The barbecue isn’t quite as good as you will find within the city limits, but you can’t beat the atmosphere. Kind of like West Virginia football.

Texas Tech: Any place in Lockhart.

There are people who swear the best barbecue in central Texas resides in Lockhart. Those people are wrong, kind of like the folks in Lubbock who ran off Mike Leach.

Kansas: Stubb’s.

The Jayhawks are getting better at football, but they’re best known for basketball. This restaurant isn’t a bad barbecue spot, but it’s better known for its sauce and music.

9 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

When the gooners played with urgency, they scored at will (last 7 mins.) KSU had completely taken the life out of that ou squad until it was time to snap out of it. Do I predict us coming out firing with tempo, speed, and aggression? Not at all. I expect a slow ass progressive plan as always, but fuck I’ve never wanted to be wrong so bad I bet my life. Please, Tom, surprise us all. 

Just you wait until that 5 min standstill off tackle run play on the first play 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Just you wait until that 5 min standstill off tackle run play on the first play 

1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

No way bro.  Wide pass to the receiver behind the line of scrimmage.

58 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I could see it happen. Rep bet. Let’s visit and see what happens lol 

It's gonna be an OZ-Read with a slot screen option.

But Ehlinger keeps it, so you both end up being wrong.

The secret is out on how to stop our offense... mug the fuck out of our receivers and hope the refs dont throw a flag

OU did it all game. KU did it. TCU should have been fined, it was that bad. KSU will hold our receivers, the refs wont care, Sam will throw a shit ton more picks the rest of the stretch.

The secret is out on how to stop our offense... mug the fuck out of our receivers and hope the refs dont throw a flag

OU did it all game. KU did it. TCU should have been fined, it was that bad. KSU will hold our receivers, the refs wont care, Sam will throw a shit ton more picks the rest of the stretch.

Lol yes the refs are what's holding thus team back.

Jfc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I thought it was a compliment. Bill Miller would be more in line. 

solid, bland, old, family joint

County Line is ass, my dude. I don't care for Bill Miller but I see where you're coming from.

For K State I think I'd go Rudy's. It isn't the first thing you think of when you think of good (BBQ/ football) and when you see it's in (a gas station/ Kansas) you don't have high expectations. It's easy to overlook. but I'll be damned if it doesn't get the job done right most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

K-State has only beaten Texas and Oklahoma in the same year three times in their history.

Also Big 12 teams compared to Austin BBQ spots.

https://www-1.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article237129619.html

K-State didn't play Texas and OU in the same year on the old Big 12 rotation.

Sounds like Texas fans are as confident as we are about this game.  Could see it going any direction.  I feel like the first quarter will tell the story of this game.  If K-State can establish the run early, we'll have a chance.  If Texas gets some stops early and turns it into points, we're likely in big trouble.

Sounds like Texas fans are as confident as we are about this game.  Could see it going any direction.  I feel like the first quarter will tell the story of this game.  If K-State can establish the run early, we'll have a chance.  If Texas gets some stops early and turns it into points, we're likely in big trouble.
Lol what are stops?

12 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Always think about that guy each year at kstate time. Miss having him around these parts on game week.

Here's to you, fatty:

haha, yes!

there's been an event in Manhattan every year since fatty passed called Fattyfest, ran by the guys/gals at goemaw.com to raise money for the "fatty fund".  this year the fund hit their goal of $100k i believe, and the money was donated to K-State's Hale Library where they named a study/collaboration room in fatty's honor.  good luck in the CTR this weekend. 

Cats by 90.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, meow meow said:

You just described the first quarter of our last game, which we lost.  Do not underestimate the power of 4th quarter meltdowns.