Florida State fires Willie Taggart

texifornia

55 minutes ago, Rabidhorn said:

Aggy will look at him hard to replace Dumbo after their 7-6 season ends and a loss to Texas in the NOBODYGIVESASHIT Bowl

It’ll be 6 more seasons before aggy can get rid of jimbo for less than it just cost fsu to get rid of taggert, who is the 2nd most expensive firing ever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Extra Anejo said:

Well, that would be interesting. Now we just need a Pirate rumor to be complete.

FSU 247 board has a list of names to watch....

Mark Richt 

Bob Stoops 

Fleck

Dave Clawson 

Venables 

Jeff Scott (Clemson CO-OC) 

The Pirate

Matt Campbell (Lulz) 

Mark Stoops (Lulz for a different reason) 

Mike Norvell 

20 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Who's the OC at FSU? 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, Henry Hill said:
Better that than to pay for an albatross of a contract. Can you imagine if your school was paying a guy $75m guaranteed over 10 years and hadn't sniffed even as much as a division championship?

Honestly, who would do that?

75-million-280.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

He used up his first Power 5 opportunity and shot his wad with the staff he brought with him to Oregon.  That was an excellent staff.  The guys he brought to Fla St are 3rd and 4th tier guys. Regardless it's always bad karma to leave a school after only one year on the job.  Bad decision coach.  

Especially Oregon where you will get full booster support.

Wait. I thought the Athletic Director binder stipulates failing coaches have an opportunity to re-hire the entire assistant coaching staff, then “hope” and watch how “things play out” for another three years until eventual termination. Why would fsu do such a thing?

• Like 2

Wait. I thought the Athletic Director binder stipulates failing coaches have an opportunity to re-hire the entire assistant coaching staff, then “hope” and watch how “things play out” for another three years until eventual termination. Why would fsu do such a thing?

I dunno maybe because he’s never had a winning record and “playing school” isn’t exactly a priority at FSU?

5 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

He only got two years to clean up Jimbo's turds..... What a shame.

Memo to CDC.....  It can be done.   But in our case it's picking up turds from three different coaches including the one who is currently overfilling the toilet bowl.   

You are and idiot and it completely contradicts the point you just made. 

6 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Also, he's a piece of shit for convincing those USF recruits to follow him to Oregon, only to bounce on them 1 year later and stranding them there. 

Are those recruits still at Oregon?  If so, they're on the #7 team right now.  I could think of worse fates.

• Like 1

What I’m hearing is Bob Stoops as head coach. He’ll bring Venables with hiim as DC, with the idea that Venables assumes the position in a year or two. Briles will stay on as  OC if they can’t get Joe Brady from LSU.

Why not just go direct to Venables?

Wow. 17 million just to go away.

Reminds me of Billy’s chat with Dave Justice in the batting cage in Moneyball.

Justice: Yeah, well y’all are paying me $7.5million a year, so yeah, I am kind of a big deal.

Billy: Nah Dave, we’re not paying you all of that. The Yankees are paying half your salary.

Justice: What are you talking about?

Billy: Yeah man, that’s how the Yankees feel about YOU. They willing to pay $4 million to play AGAINST you from here on out. Now how does that make you feel?

• Like 6