Florida State fires Willie Taggart

texifornia

Jeez, I hope Herpstreet doesn’t find out. He might breakout the “c” word....but naw it’s cool, that only applies to Texas in his world of hypocrisy. 

Wonder if there is something else going on though with this happening so soon. 

Willie now is free to join the Millionaire Losers club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Jeez, I hope Herpstreet doesn’t find out. He might breakout the “c” word....but naw it’s cool, that only applies to Texas in his world of hypocrisy. 

Wonder if there is something else going on though with this happening so soon. 

Willie now is free to join the FFCA Millionaire Losers club.

Grudened it for you

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

I agree with that.  Campbell is good people, and not just because he is from Ohio.  

ETA

How is harvest going for you?  Is it a shit show?

And Matt is a practicing Catholic, IIRC.  What makes me nervous is FSU money-whipping Brian Kelly and whispering sweet nothings in his ear about zero academic standards at FSU combined with remarkably fertile recruiting grounds.  

I'd presume that Campbell is on ND's short list along with Pat Fitzgerald.

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We're in the area that's completely out of LP.  So we're completely ground to a halt with about 4 weeks of corn left.

On the the plus side, I might get to watch OU take their aggression out on us on Saturday night, so I got that going for me.

Where in Iowa are you? I'm heading to west central Iowa (about an hour west of Ames) to help with corn next week and to Texas - Iowa State. Weather (rain and snow) has caused several delays for my in-laws, but they're still grinding along.

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Where in Iowa are you? I'm heading to west central Iowa (about an hour west of Ames) to help with corn next week and to Texas - Iowa State. Weather (rain and snow) has caused several delays for my in-laws, but they're still grinding along.

About 2 hours north and east of Ames, near the Minnesota border.

You must be headed to the Carroll area?  A good buddy from school farms around Glidden, and they might be farther behind than us.  Don't think they're as short on LP as we are though.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

25 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

About 2 hours north and east of Ames, near the Minnesota border.

You must be headed to the Carroll area?  A good buddy from school farms around Glidden, and they might be farther behind than us.  Don't think they're as short on LP as we are though.

B-I-L farms from about Carroll to Denison. Family farm is in between the two. I haven't heard of them being short of LP, just that the weather has sucked. I usually help with beans, but he wanted me to come up for corn so I can learn it and since the game is the 16th, I'm making it a two-fer...

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

B-I-L farms from about Carroll to Denison. Family farm is in between the two. I haven't heard of them being short of LP, just that the weather has sucked. I usually help with beans, but he wanted me to come up for corn so I can learn it and since the game is the 16th, I'm making it a two-fer...

Yeah, their weather has been worse than ours, from what I can gather.

Harvesting corn is far more enjoyable than harvesting beans.  You don't have to worry about corn getting tough when there's a light dew, and shit like that.  You can harvest through much more variable weather and adopt somewhat of a regular schedule.  You don't have to work on the head every morning because cutting knifes knicked a rock and shit like that.

Our bean harvest this year consisted of finally getting fit, and running 20 hours a day for 3-4 days until the next shot of rain stopped it for a few days, then repeat the cycle.  Corn harvest allows for a much more consistent sleep schedule.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The closest I've been to Iowa is watching Field of Dreams so this doesn't hit close to anything

Field of Dreams is a must-do for auto vacations. I thought it would be corny, and it is but it looks live like the picture in your head. There are family  ball games going on all over the field. It's just a 10 second piece of Nirvana. Not overly commercial. I'm interested in that MLB game that is going to be played there and logistics. 

8 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Field of Dreams is a must-do for auto vacations. I thought it would be corny, and it is but it looks live like the picture in your head. There are family  ball games going on all over the field. It's just a 10 second piece of Nirvana. Not overly commercial. I'm interested in that MLB game that is going to be played there and logistics. 

I've posted pics of me playing catch with my daughter there in 2009.  One of the coolest days of my life.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Yep needs thread.  

So the reumor yesterday something was in the works with Stoops and venables getting the band back together.... starting to sound like good info.  Clemson might be the biggest loser in this deal

I thought Stoops and Venables ended on bad terms considering he was made the fall guy for Mike's shittiness.

11 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

And Matt is a practicing Catholic, IIRC.  What makes me nervous is FSU money-whipping Brian Kelly and whispering sweet nothings in his ear about zero academic standards at FSU combined with remarkably fertile recruiting grounds.  

I'd presume that Campbell is on ND's short list along with Pat Fitzgerald.

Kelly to FSU?  That's a square peg in a round hole that's already filled.  Not that I wouldn't mind watching the inevitable blow up on the far sideline.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 4:59 AM, Loco said:

Sad news.  I just wish they had given him a chance.  He needed time to get his own guys

ED5Uu_NWsAM7QgG.jpg:large

FSU Announcer-Bubba-Joe Leroy Brown what are you doing?

FSU WR-Bubba Joe Leroy Brown-I just smoked 6 joints and ate 10 tacos, i'm going to didney land