Florida State fires Willie Taggart

texifornia

Just now, longhornmatt said:

They should hire Christobal from Oregon.  They had the right idea last time, but they just identified the wrong brains behind the bagmen operation.  It is very similar to when Colorado hired Dan Hawkins from Boise State when Petersen was really the guy.

Oregon would be so pissed, but it would be fun to see the Chip Kelley to Oregon train get rolling again. 

On 11/6/2019 at 1:20 AM, mulletpelini said:

How funny is it going to be when they hire someone not named Bob Stoops and then Stoops says he did it all to troll Mack just one last time.

Stoops needs to get out of football all together. Overrated coach and his brother Mike has a disabled brain.

reportedly there is interest in Brian Kelly

https://247sports.com/Article/Florida-State-Seminoles-head-coaching-search-Brian-Kelly-buyout-Notre-Dame--138917129/

There have been many names thrown out there for the Florida State opening after the program fired Willie Taggart after just 21 games. Bob Stoops was once rumored, and there was even some fun had when Deion Sanders was mentioned, but Prime is also not a candidate.

One potential candidate that would fit the description of a huge hire like those two would be Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly.

Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith of The NoleCast mentioned Kelly on their most recent episode, citing a couple independent sources as FSU having interest in Kelly.

“If Brian Kelly wanted to leave Notre Dame, I think Florida State should jump at that chance,” Elliot said. “He’s an excellent coach, he’s won at multiple jobs at a high level. He’s dealt with some pretty serious academic restraints and restrictions as far as who [recruits] he can sign at Notre Dame...If he did want to leave Notre Dame, perhaps, maybe somebody says ‘Hey, you’re not going to win a National Title at Notre Dame because of the kids you can’t recruit.’ Some of these kids who academically really don’t belong in any college and are really, really good on the football field. The kind of kids you can get at Florida State, but you can’t get at Notre Dame -- at least not in the quanity you need to win a title. Maybe that could be a reason he’d want to leave. If so, you need to talk to him pretty seriously. My guess is that he proabably wants to stay at Notre Dame...

“Two people have told us they [FSU] has interest in Brian Kelly...I’d think he’d be an excellent candidate. There’s a little bit of questions about the fit, but the proven track record of hiring assistant coaches and having them get promoted to other jobs and hiring new ones who are as good or better is really impressive. He’s a really good recruiter with his staff. I think he knows what goes on in the south east, because we know he’s recruited some of these guys, and not always gotten them, but we know that’s due to some of the academic stuff…”

On 11/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

reportedly there is interest in Brian Kelly

https://247sports.com/Article/Florida-State-Seminoles-head-coaching-search-Brian-Kelly-buyout-Notre-Dame--138917129/

There have been many names thrown out there for the Florida State opening after the program fired Willie Taggart after just 21 games. Bob Stoops was once rumored, and there was even some fun had when Deion Sanders was mentioned, but Prime is also not a candidate.

One potential candidate that would fit the description of a huge hire like those two would be Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly.

Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith of The NoleCast mentioned Kelly on their most recent episode, citing a couple independent sources as FSU having interest in Kelly.

“If Brian Kelly wanted to leave Notre Dame, I think Florida State should jump at that chance,” Elliot said. “He’s an excellent coach, he’s won at multiple jobs at a high level. He’s dealt with some pretty serious academic restraints and restrictions as far as who [recruits] he can sign at Notre Dame...If he did want to leave Notre Dame, perhaps, maybe somebody says ‘Hey, you’re not going to win a National Title at Notre Dame because of the kids you can’t recruit.’ Some of these kids who academically really don’t belong in any college and are really, really good on the football field. The kind of kids you can get at Florida State, but you can’t get at Notre Dame -- at least not in the quanity you need to win a title. Maybe that could be a reason he’d want to leave. If so, you need to talk to him pretty seriously. My guess is that he proabably wants to stay at Notre Dame...

“Two people have told us they [FSU] has interest in Brian Kelly...I’d think he’d be an excellent candidate. There’s a little bit of questions about the fit, but the proven track record of hiring assistant coaches and having them get promoted to other jobs and hiring new ones who are as good or better is really impressive. He’s a really good recruiter with his staff. I think he knows what goes on in the south east, because we know he’s recruited some of these guys, and not always gotten them, but we know that’s due to some of the academic stuff…”

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...