The Tonight Show coming to Bass Thursday

LongestHorn

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Oh hell you know Texas dkr Jumbotron ppl are gonna pick up on that promo

User name checks out

Daughter was hired by stage alliance on the audio team to do the “load in”.  She will not be at the taping, but said tickets are free for those who camp out.

So obviously there’s gonna be some segment where They show Fallon earlier that day going around campus talking to people.  How do we get him to make a joke at Orlando’s expense?   

18 hours ago, RPM said:

Taking the show to "UT Austin".

Too bad it's not Kimmel or Colbert.

When Kimmel did a week in Austin during SXSW a few years ago, my buddy was in the back with him and Snoop before that show. They had to cover the vents in the room they were in at the Long Center, with butcher paper from the BBQ that was catered in so the weed smoke wouldn't pour into the theatre part. 

Why am I not surprised that the tonight shows refers to UT as UT Austin.  He can bring out coach Herman of the UT Austin Longhorns. Weak.

They did spend 90% of the commercial saying Texas. We’re Texas. So let’s bitch about something. Mascot was wrong.

Good digs on A&M and OU.  That alone was worth the price of admission.  The rest was predictably cheesy.  Jojo needs to divorce her dumbass husband.

Why he didn't have Spoon play instead of Gucci Mane is beyond me.  Everything was "Texas" and then out of nowhere we get a crack dealer from the South.  OK?

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That whole thing went south when the rapper came out.  "They're barbecuing cowboy steaks for breakfast" WTF?

Pom brought it scrong, though.

Yes to both ... Gucci was "for the kids", but sucked ass so bad.

And the Pom girls were on point.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Not sure what that trick is, but if that's how you think (which is fine, it's your life) then go ahead.  

I think it's pretty easy to figure out what he's referring to.   He's mean to Donny.   I'm going to guess he's not a Colbert fan either.  

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i saw the A&M burn on twitter this morning. laughed.  pulled up a few other clips from the show.  couldn't make it through a single one.  'thank god i'm a country boy' and mccaunaghey were both brutal.

Wait, "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" doesn't scream Austin, TX?

It was so over the top UT that I loved it, but I imagine the rest of the world probably changed the channel. It was like one giant UT commercial.

McConaughey's message wasn't too bad. All are Welcome in Austin. If you're coming here you need to respect our culture and politics, if not then keep on flying. Not sure what his "Keep Austin Austin" flag exactly meant though.

Edited by MillerEP