The Tonight Show coming to Bass Thursday

LongestHorn

I'm pretty sure Matthew couldn't get into UT these days.  I seriously doubt he could have gotten in 20 years ago.

But, he's a good ambassador.

Fallon couldn't have made himself and the school look dorkier if he had tried, though.  It was pretty cringe-worthy.  I mean, the drum major alone . . . wow.

39 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

It was so over the top UT that I loved it, but I imagine the rest of the world probably changed the channel. It was like one giant UT commercial.

McConaughey's message wasn't too bad. All are Welcome in Austin. If you're coming here you need to respect our culture and politics, if not then keep on flying. Not sure what his "Keep Austin Austin" flag exactly meant though.

Don't Make Austin California 

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure Matthew couldn't get into UT these days.  I seriously doubt he could have gotten in 20 years ago.

But, he's a good ambassador.

Fallon couldn't have made himself and the school look dorkier if he had tried, though.  It was pretty cringe-worthy.  I mean, the drum major alone . . . wow.

Story is, he got into both SMU and UT, his brother told him to go to Austin, he'd fit in better. 

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Franklin BBQ's line just got a little longer if that's possible.  

About that, have the people that work there and learned some things not gone off and started their own place?

when the demand is that high, you’d think people would step up and try to take some of it until the market was saturated. 

maybe they’ve tried, I haven’t lived in Austin for 4 years, but I only ever hear of a few places on this site.  

It was a helluva lotta fun despite being the old guy in the back, even found the bar on the third floor to start the party at 4pm.  Talent was strong, the cute brunette and blonde from the "Hole in the Wall" scene were seated behind us.  My student ID still works after all these years to get scanned.  Yeah, it was corny but it resonated with a nationwide demographic and we used it as a huge academic recruiting tool already.  

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

I think the guy who opened a spot in Charleston once worked at Franklin, not real sure though.  

yes.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

About that, have the people that work there and learned some things not gone off and started their own place?

when the demand is that high, you’d think people would step up and try to take some of it until the market was saturated. 

maybe they’ve tried, I haven’t lived in Austin for 4 years, but I only ever hear of a few places on this site.  

it's because they see how much work goes in to it.  

• Like 1