NH Couple Killed on Padre Island PINS

crash_davis

46 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It's like you've never seen this happen before:

Please, come in.  Sit right down.  We just want to talk with you.  

[whispers offstage:  Get the handcuffs, Lou.]

Nah, I get it. It just seems odd for an article to state that the authorities don't have much evidence when they have pictures of two people entering Mexico in a car stolen off the two dead people. That is a lot of circumstantial evidence.

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Nah, I get it. It just seems odd for an article to state that the authorities don't have much evidence when they have pictures of two people entering Mexico in a car stolen off the two dead people. That is a lot of circumstantial evidence.

Agreed.  

"I was just walking down the beach when I found this truck.  Honest."

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suppose it's an outlier, but every time someone disappears around B'ville/Matagringos, I think of Mark Kilroy and the human sacrifice cult down there.

Well this didn’t happen anywhere near there so yeah...

Also that wasn’t truly a human sacrifice cult, they were a drug gang sacrificing people to appease satan & increase their profits.

Generally, I would agree with you, but New Orleans is a different animal. I was there for 2 years and had numerous minor incidents like ice picking the tire sidewalls, breaking the trunk lock, hammering of my car roof, etc. I stopped a person who was following a female jogger who I would assume would have been raped if I didn't intervene, the first day on the job Tulane's head of student recruitment was held up by a guy on a bicycle with an assault rifle. Most Tulane students I know had similar issues with a few getting assaulted or killed. I've never lived in the hood where that kind of stuff may be more common, but practically everyone I knew in New Orleans had some sort of run in. I have a good friend whose son goes to Tulane now, if you are interested I can see if he had similar problems to the ones we encountered.

This gets in to both property crime, which is really outside what I was getting at in the first place, as well as a New Orleans-specific discussion. I'm no expert on NO so I won't starr talking out of my ass and make a fool of myself when you're obviously more familiar with the city than I am, but it's an extreme outlier in terms of crime of all kinds.

You're also right that there's more to consider than just crime data though - a lot goes unreported and that's absolutely worth considering. Still, a few anecdotes don't make violent crime common. Though I suppose common is relative.

At the end of the day, my original point was that a random double murder on the beach is highly unlikely. Possible, sure, anything is. But just about every other scenario is more probable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

he was just really determined.

Apparently.  Actually I went and reread some of the stories.  They didn’t release specifics on where he was shot but the FBI and Rangers said it didn’t appear to be self inflicted.  They reported his hotel room as a crime scene (KVUE story said there was blood everywhere), his keys, wallet and car were all there, and his body would have had to been dumped a few miles offshore to wash up on St. Joes where it was found.  So yeah he overachieved on the suicide. 

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

well you’d only be able to put up one hand.  probably why he got shot. 

The Westlake guy was too smart for his own good. If only he had stuck up both hands we could be drinking a beer together on the beaches of Cozumel.

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The coast attracts a shitty crowd 

didn't used to. 

in port a, we used to be able to go put up a pop up canopy and leave it there for our entire stay. the last two times we tried to do that, it got stolen once and destroyed the second time. haven't tried it again.

9 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Yeah you haven’t been able to do that for awhile now. Port A is about to price out most of the trash that visits or at least they won’t be able to stay overnight. Hopefully they’ll just stop at JP Luby/North Padre.

Yep, it’s definitely trending that direction. It’s sucks having to pay more, but it’s worth it if it cleans out the shit.

Met some cool locals at Pelican lounge who invited me to a bonfire by the jetties.

As the booze took hold of the party i heard some fucked up shit from some fucked up people.

One couple began asking some pretty specific questions about where I was camping, my gear etc.  It was my last night and I was at the best western so I could get a solid nights sleep before driving home.

Then they asked if they could crash there because reasons. I pointed at Luna and said, she is extremely protective at night in strange places. 

Maybe they wanted a devils threeway, maybe to murder me. I dont know but they put off a very bad vibe, and Luna wouldnt go near them.

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Met some cool locals at Pelican lounge who invited me to a bonfire by the jetties.

As the booze took hold of the party i heard some fucked up shit from some fucked up people.

One couple began asking some pretty specific questions about where I was camping, my gear etc.  It was my last night and I was at the best western so I could get a solid nights sleep before driving home.

Then they asked if they could crash there because reasons. I pointed at Luna and said, she is extremely protective at night in strange places. 

Maybe they wanted a devils threeway, maybe to murder me. I dont know but they put off a very bad vibe, and Luna wouldnt go near them.

So no pics?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Would have invited them back to my campsite and murdered them. You know, to teach them a valuable lesson about strangers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, abuelo gringo said:

fucking scum. really interested to know if it was random or if the victims knew this dude.

Adam Curtis Williams: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2019/11/adam-curtis-williams/

Adam Curtis Williams has been identified as the man who was seen driving James and Michelle Butler’s RV and truck over the border into Mexico. The Butlers were last seen on October 15 and their bodies were found on November 1. An arrest warrant was issued for Williams for felony theft, but he already had a long history of crime and convictions in Utah. He had just been released from federal prison on a supervised release in December 2018. Here is what you need to know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The coast attracts a shitty crowd 

South Padre is pretty “lame” during all non-spring break weeks due to how popular it is for families and what not. But it’s also what makes it vastly superior to the Port A/corpus area and the trash it attracts imo.