NH Couple Killed on Padre Island PINS

crash_davis

11 hours ago, abuelo gringo said:

Interesting tats... 

Elmer Fudd on left buttocks 

Bugs Bunny and "GET OUT OF THERE YOU RASCALLY RABBIT" on right buttocks

• Like 1

Just now, AggieFactFinder said:

How was this guy not in jail?  Out on supervised release in December 2018.  Allegation of rape in April, heroin possession in May, and resisting arrest, domestic violence, assault against a cop in August.   

Good question. Either he was on the lam or out for dropping a dime on a bigger fish. 

4 hours ago, AggieFactFinder said:

How was this guy not in jail?  Out on supervised release in December 2018.  Allegation of rape in April, heroin possession in May, and resisting arrest, domestic violence, assault against a cop in August.   

Because he’s white. A black or Mexican would have gotten 20 years the first time around and life for messing up while on probation 

26 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You mean effective lawyer.  The term good lawyer is a bit of an oxymoron.

Well, I don't think he means good in terms of angels and devils. And don't woosh me bro.

Edited by Bevo

On 11/5/2019 at 10:38 AM, MissingInAction said:

Met some cool locals at Pelican lounge who invited me to a bonfire by the jetties.

As the booze took hold of the party i heard some fucked up shit from some fucked up people.

One couple began asking some pretty specific questions about where I was camping, my gear etc.  It was my last night and I was at the best western so I could get a solid nights sleep before driving home.

Then they asked if they could crash there because reasons. I pointed at Luna and said, she is extremely protective at night in strange places. 

Maybe they wanted a devils threeway, maybe to murder me. I dont know but they put off a very bad vibe, and Luna wouldnt go near them.

Luna is a strange name to give your penis, but to each their own. 

• Haha 1

didn't used to. 
in port a, we used to be able to go put up a pop up canopy and leave it there for our entire stay. the last two times we tried to do that, it got stolen once and destroyed the second time. haven't tried it again.
10 years ago sitting on the deck at Beachgate at night we noticed our popup looked gone in the moonlight. We ran down to the beach and caught the guy in the act. 50 something adult got his ass kicked by my buddy for stealing a canopy. Didn't realize that was a reoccurring problem. Haven't been to PA in awhile.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:21 AM, gmr548 said:

Not to minimize your friend's experience, but the very fact that the story is jarring and sticks out in your mind is because it doesn't happen that much. "I had a friend one time..." does not equate to making something pretty common.

New Orleans has one of the highest crime rates in the nation, for a number of reasons. The tourist traffic of mostly well off out of towners and socioeconomic inequality that New Orleans has makes it a breeding ground. Even so, the violent crime rate in New Orleans equates to roughly a one percent annual chance of being victimized.

One percent at the very high end of the national spectrum, without adjusting for the fact that the solid majority of murders and assaults occur between people who know each other other.

Again, not to downplay your friend's experience. It's a traumatic event and it sucks that it happened to them. However, violent crime in general is rare, for the victims to be complete strangers is even more rare.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We had our major annual conference there a few years ago.  I love N.O.

Anyways, a dude tried to take my watch.  But didn’t hold me up w a gun or anything. He was drunk.  I, amazingly, was sober.  Handled him pretty easily but was sweating spending the night in jail for assault.  I waited for the cops only bc the do gooders I was with insisted it would be fine.  

Cops show and don’t shoot me.  Let me know the ‘victim’ was wanted for murder.  I got really drunk that night.  

/CSB

20 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

We had our major annual conference there a few years ago.  I love N.O.

Anyways, a dude tried to take my watch.  But didn’t hold me up w a gun or anything. He was drunk.  I, amazingly, was sober.  Handled him pretty easily but was sweating spending the night in jail for assault.  I waited for the cops only bc the do gooders I was with insisted it would be fine.  

Cops show and don’t shoot me.  Let me know the ‘victim’ was wanted for murder.  I got really drunk that night.  

/CSB

Yeah, I am with you on that. I love New Orleans. My dad and mom went there for undergrad and med school. I have an MBA from there. But, it isn't safe.

in my early 20s i used to visit NO a bunch. met local tulane chics that we'd meet up with every now and then. 

i'd been to NO 5 previous times, was walking around with my buddies and the tulane girls. it was about 2:30am on bourbon street. one of the girls says that we should go off the streets because it's dangerous. we're all like, wtf, we've been here numerous times before partying till the sun came up. never had any issues. was walking and arguing with her crossing an intersection between bourbon and another street when pop, pop, pop. shooting probably about 20 feet from us on the crossing street. hauled ass down the street with the bitch running and screaming i told you so, assholes. funny shit.

On 11/7/2019 at 8:48 AM, ButtFumble said:

Anyone gone tell the family coyotes(the four legged kind) made dinner out the missing cats the first night?

3 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Not to profile or anything, but I would have run a license check on that motherfucker. I don't think the Park Ranger wanted anything to do with him.

Yes, and I’m pretty sure the Ranger was female. Makes you wonder what would have gone down if she tried to run the license. They had someone on the news last night from the park service and he said something like ‘“we will be reviewing our policies regarding traffic stops”.

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Yes, and I’m pretty sure the Ranger was female. Makes you wonder what would have gone down if she tried to run the license. They had someone on the news last night from the park service and he said something like ‘“we will be reviewing our policies regarding traffic stops”.

She'd be dead instead of the couple?