11.4.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

28 minutes ago, jinx said:

The fact that he acknowledged the rift in the locker room between classes tells me all I need to know.  Too bad he wasted the BYE week, he should have made some obvious changes.  I expect more of the same and 8-4 as the very best possible outcome, but I will be glad to be wrong.

I actually don't buy the rift in the lockerroom being between older and younger players.  I think Herman is spinning it that way, when in reality, it's between players and coaches.  Instead of addressing that directly, he's bringing in the upperclassmen and trying to figure out from them why the underclassmen aren't buying in to the coaches.  That's just an educated guess on my part, based on some of the things I know have happened in the lockerroom.

• Like 6

The key indicator that Herman is not as smart as he thinks he is, is the fact he doesn’t play the game during press conferences. He doesn’t want to play the game, it’s that simple. You can throw out scripted answers, talk the talk, take responsibility, and they leave you alone. Herman acts all awestruck by questions like, “what are your goals”, or “what does player X returning give the defense”?, and gives long, convoluted answers to either rhetorical questions, or ones requiring 1-word answers. Then he acts all hurt when someone questions a coaching decision (which these reporters rarely do, anyway).

Hes an insecure, arrogant, smug, and immature jerk, who has no idea what the answers are, but acts as if formulating verbose questions and using worn-out cliches causes people to marvel at his astounding intellect. He doesn’t really want to coach, that’s a job. He loves the position, though, and the fame he perceives goes with it.

What a petty, little prick he truly is.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Goodman said:

Man I hope you're wrong.

I've seen this movie before.  an A level head coach doesn't let a defense be this bad 2 years in a row.  he believed the Georgia fools gold.  If he hits a home run with the DC hire he may be able to save it.

the really sad part, get out your best bourbon, is we are so fucking shell shocked from Charlie that Herman could probably win 8 games a year(with a 9 win every now and then) and keep this job in perpetuity.  UNLESS, CDC actually has control and means what he says.

He wasn't ready.  he hired his G5 buddies that he could get at any point instead of hiring guys that might not be "aligned"(bullshit word that was the first red flag) but were the best at the job he wanted done, and might, god forbid, make him uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, Mossyhorn said:

The key indicator that Herman is not as smart as he thinks he is, is the fact he doesn’t play the game during press conferences. He doesn’t want to play the game, it’s that simple. You can throw out scripted answers, talk the talk, take responsibility, and they leave you alone. Herman acts all awestruck by questions like, “what are your goals”, or “what does player X returning give the defense”?, and gives long, convoluted answers to either rhetorical questions, or ones requiring 1-word answers. Then he acts all hurt when someone questions a coaching decision (which these reporters rarely do, anyway).

Hes an insecure, arrogant, smug, and immature jerk, who has no idea what the answers are, but acts as if formulating verbose questions and using worn-out cliches causes people to marvel at his astounding intellect. He doesn’t really want to coach, that’s a job. He loves the position, though, and the fame he perceives goes with it.

What a petty, little prick he truly is.

He actually tried to pawn off that he did not know who Texas played after Kansas State.   An doubled down when pressed on it.

Laughable bullshit. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I've seen this movie before.  an A level head coach doesn't let a defense be this bad 2 years in a row.  he believed the Georgia fools gold.  If he hits a home run with the DC hire he may be able to save it.

the really sad part, get out your best bourbon, is we are so fucking shell shocked from Charlie that Herman could probably win 8 games a year(with a 9 win every now and then) and keep this job in perpetuity.  UNLESS, CDC actually has control and means what he says.

He wasn't ready.  he hired his G5 buddies that he could get at any point instead of hiring guys that might not be "aligned"(bullshit word that was the first red flag) but were the best at the job he wanted done, and might, god forbid, make him uncomfortable.

I've come to the conclusion that "aligned" for Herman has nothing to do with football or performance.  It's about who will fawn all over him, stroke his mensa ego, and be yes men.  He didn't hire top quality assistants because there aren't any that lack the self respect to be "aligned" with him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goodman said:

Watching this shit again. With as many firsts as Tom learns of in these PC's you would think he would invite these reporters in daily to become aware of team details he seems to not be aware of. 

He had no clue that we were dead last in punt returns until the fucking media told him.

Image result for so what would you say you do here meme

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 8:47 AM, Dbeasy said:

And he said last year and this year that the lines are strengths for the team. Uh no.

He said before the season started that oline was the strength of the team, problem is too many fans didn't realize that was like being the tallest midget. 

On 11/5/2019 at 9:55 AM, Goodman said:

Watching this shit again. With as many firsts as Tom learns of in these PC's you would think he would invite these reporters in daily to become aware of team details he seems to not be aware of. 

Yeah Herman's like, "did you guys know we have a bathroom on the second floor? Hot damn!".