Shared Calendar App?

luke duke

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

Can anyone recommend a good shared calendar app? My wife seems to think that I’m magically informed when she puts something on her iPhone calendar. I fear that if I call her a dumbass too many more times she’ll quit touching my penis. Help.

Just create a shared calendar under the iphone calendar.  Title it whatever, pick a color for it, and then she can invite you (via your icloud login) and then whenever she adds something to that calendar it will get added to yours. 

23 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Just create a shared calendar under the iphone calendar.  Title it whatever, pick a color for it, and then she can invite you (via your icloud login) and then whenever she adds something to that calendar it will get added to yours. 

This - iCal will work just fine for this. That is what we use. 

This and it shows on your calendar and you have to accept it.

I set this up awhile ago for my now wife and I back when we were still dating and she kept “forgetting” to tell me things “we” had planned. Told her once I created the calendar, if she doesn’t put it on there and I don’t accept, I don’t have to go. Magically it’s worked wonders.

I’ve put happy hours, hanging out with my buddies, etc on there and she does the same. We even put tasks on there for each other such as calling phone carrier, calling insurance, etc. Its worked wonders on getting shit done and also respecting each other’s time.

I’ve told a couple people at work about it when they complain about their wives constantly making them do shit last minute and they implemented it and they absolutely love it.

I got my wife so trained on it that she goes in and puts football games, etc on there. I’m a Chicago sports fan and she’s a Dallas sports fan (we root for both cities) so she goes in and tries to schedule things around those games. It’s awesome. If for whatever reason something interferes with a game or something she’ll say I’m optional to attend.

8 hours ago, TTU13 said:

This and it shows on your calendar and you have to accept it.

I set this up awhile ago for my now wife and I back when we were still dating and she kept “forgetting” to tell me things “we” had planned. Told her once I created the calendar, if she doesn’t put it on there and I don’t accept, I don’t have to go. Magically it’s worked wonders.

I’ve put happy hours, hanging out with my buddies, etc on there and she does the same. We even put tasks on there for each other such as calling phone carrier, calling insurance, etc. Its worked wonders on getting shit done and also respecting each other’s time.

I’ve told a couple people at work about it when they complain about their wives constantly making them do shit last minute and they implemented it and they absolutely love it.

I got my wife so trained on it that she goes in and puts football games, etc on there. I’m a Chicago sports fan and she’s a Dallas sports fan (we root for both cities) so she goes in and tries to schedule things around those games. It’s awesome. If for whatever reason something interferes with a game or something she’ll say I’m optional to attend.

Bingo.  If it ain't on the calendar, it doesn't exist.  I've gotten my wife trained so well on it that if I happen to forget something, I'm screwed.  We used google calendar and have 3-4 color coated calendar for each of us, daughter, etc.

An issue may arise if you are android v. iphone.  Most native android calendars don't support the ical standard.

So you can use a google calendar on her phone and yours.  Or, to keep it simple, one calendar on her iphone, caldavsync is a cheap app that will sync ical with a google calendar.

"Sharing" ical may obviate the need for this, unsure.

Also, without any need for synching or sharing or any special software, she can invite you, via an email address, to events on her iphone calendar and, once you accept, they will appear on your outlook or google calendar or whatever.  This is probably preferable, because it adds a step that she may forget from time to time, giving you an out.

Edited by TwiceHorn