2019 Election thread

Voldemort86

Election Day is tomorrow. Very off year, but still significant.

texas is voting in some measly ballot proposals, but elsewhere their are races of good importance.

Mississippi governor 

Kentucky Governor

Virginia legislature

will be decided tomorrow!

is there going to be election coverage anywhere?  I would probably watch it.

most likely predictions are republicans win Mississippi and Kentucky.

Democrats win both houses in Virginia. 

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I voted. In NYC, we had a public advocate election that is pretty much guaranteed Dem. 5 people running for 5 judge spots so that was decided as well. I really went to vote for ranked choice voting. Hopefully it passes. 

Ranked choice voting seemed to help the democrats in main. Do you think it would have a similar effect in New York?

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

basically we're one year away from John King and the 2020 election board.  Can't wait for that night especially given the pain we will have to endure the next 365 days.

It’s going to be a doozy. I can’t imagine any Clinton states flipping to trump. It could all come down to Wisconsin actually.

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

Ranked choice voting seemed to help the democrats in main. Do you think it would have a similar effect in New York?

I suppose it helps the majority party in the general election, but there are really only 2 candidates at that point.  NY does have some other BS parties, but they never even come close to winning and the GOP has been putting up Trumpers lately who have zero chance as well. In the primaries, it really depends how many of each type of candidate are running.  It will help moderate Dems hang on in primaries in NYC, since lately there are typically 2 or 3 moderate candidates while left wing orgs have cleared a path for a chosen left wing candidate.   The Queens DA Dem primary is typical of that new tactic. 3 moderate Dems went against one DSA Dem. The top moderate won by a handful of votes, but the whole thing was a shitshow. With ranked choice, the top moderate Dem would have won in a landslide.  At least one of those moderates would have been a GOP candidate a decade ago too.  Trump completely ended the GOP in NYC except for in Staten Island. 

Right now though, this ballot measure is only for city and local elections and not for state or federal. 

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Old Chuck Todd is back.

Big fucking deal. Hardcore red states filled to the brim with brain washed trumpkins who when Trump says “Jump” they ask “How high?”

the only one I really care about tonight is Virginia. Democrats nationwide really got the short end of the stick in 2010 redistricting. Can’t let that happen in 2020. We Gotta get a better draw this time around.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

We have a real race in Kentucky going on folks. I didn’t think anything good would happen there, but there has been some good signs for the democrat.

Beshear is strong in the Cincy burbs and the eastern part of the state (coal country). Bevin besting his benchmarks in the middle. It’s a tossup 

Beshear has to run it up in Lexington and Louisville 

GOP has lot the suburbs forever 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

Just now, Js1 said:

Beshear is strong in the Cincy burbs and the eastern part of the state (coal country). Bevin besting his benchmarks in the middle. It’s a tossup 

Louisville, Lexington and Cincy suburbs trending blue with the more isolated rural areas trending red. Same pattern we've been seeing all over the country the past few cycles. Dems need to do better in the mid-sized cities if we're going to break this stalemate.

3 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I don't care how unpopular this governor was - for the GOP to lose Kentucky (one of the least diverse and most working class white states in the country) is very, very bad for them.

Moonshine for everyone!

No doubt. I just went down the Twitter rabbit hole and saw that RedPaul is the newest addition to MoscowMitch. Lulz. 

And suck on that shit you fucking hack Chuck Todd. Fucking chode goes for the lowest hanging fruit out there and still misses. 

Kentucky has had several Democratic governors though so it's not too shocking to me, but the margins that Bevin won by in 2015 being completely flipped in the suburbs and even rural areas should hopefully give McConnell a fatal heart attack.

• Like 4

Just now, GSU&UT said:

Kentucky has had several Democratic governors though so it's not too shocking to me, but the margins that Bevin won by in 2015 being completely flipped in the suburbs and even rural areas should hopefully give McConnell a fatal heart attack.

It should give the entire GOP a coronary.  As Foosters said...losing fucking Kentucky?!?!?

GOP is hopefully fucked either way. If they continue to suck Trump's dick then they'll lose the suburbs, if they try to distance themselves and entertain ideas of removing him from office then they'll lose their inbred moron base.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Two GOP governors in the last 50 years if I’m reading that right 

Kentucky is such a weirdo state.