On the subway today, a man came up to me to start a conversation.

Eskimohorn

He made small talk, a lonely man talking about the weather and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating, but my head hurt from his banality. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 1

@Hank Kingsley and i were at paradise on 6th street in 1997 or so, and he said, "i know this is weird, but i swear that's brian helgeland sitting at that table over there."

he's pretty good at that game, so i trusted him enough to get us to go over and chat him up.  after his shock that anyone recognized a writer sitting in a bar, he said, "well, if you're interested in meeting me, you gotta meet andy walker" and he pointed to a sketchy looking dude sitting across from him (along with two not-cute chicks).  i have no idea what our short conversation was about, but at the time, those were 2 of the hottest screenwriters in the business and we were very excited about it.

sucks he's done pretty much nothing else since or before this.

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

@Hank Kingsley and i were at paradise on 6th street in 1997 or so, and he said, "i know this is weird, but i swear that's brian helgeland sitting at that table over there."

he's pretty good at that game, so i trusted him enough to get us to go over and chat him up.  after his shock that anyone recognized a writer sitting in a bar, he said, "well, if you're interested in meeting me, you gotta meet andy walker" and he pointed to a sketchy looking dude sitting across from him (along with two not-cute chicks).  i have no idea what our short conversation was about, but at the time, those were 2 of the hottest screenwriters in the business and we were very excited about it.

sucks he's done pretty much nothing else since or before this.

Damn, haven't thought about that night in a while. When we met them I believe 8mm was Andrew Kevin Walker's next film. And I'm pretty sure Helgeland was just coming off of L.A. Confidential. . 

• 2 weeks later...
Se7en was SO dark and depressing when it came out. I watched it more recently and said, “Meh. It’s a great movie for sure, but there are plenty of movies since then that are darker and more messed up.”

Am I wrong on that?

It’s the way it ends. Hollywood doesn’t permit endings like that any more.