Bob Stoops To Florida State?

Vic Mackey

15 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Stoops quit at Oklahoma because he was independently wealthy and tired of sucking up to 17-yr olds. That would still be true of any college job he takes. 

Sure, that's the one way this wouldn't make sense: Stoops is just done with coaching.

But, if he's feeling that itch...  I'm not sure there's a better match for him than FSU.  Their ethics line up well.

I believe the Stoops rumor because I don't think it makes much sense that FSU would have fired Taggart this soon without having a name in place and ready to go.
Sure it does, get a head start on other schools shitcanning their coach this year..

Bob Stoops is worth $150M, has three houses and flies private between them all.  Why he'd want to chase recruits around Florida is a mystery to me.  Maybe he's just bored and he knows Florida State will let him work 30 hours a week and let the assistants do all the work like he did the last few years at OU.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Bob Stoops is worth $150M, has three houses and flies private between them all.  Why he'd want to chase recruits around Florida is a mystery to me.  Maybe he's just bored and he knows Florida State will let him work 30 hours a week and let the assistants do all the work like he did the last few years at OU.  

TH could take a lesson there . . . 

5 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz Kendal Briles as HCIW. Yeah, you lost me there.... 

Well, Bob knows Kendal already has the "let your players rape indiscriminately" part down. Bob just needs to teach Kendal how to tolerate players that beat the shit out of women or their friends. Once Kendal is up to speed, Bob can retire for good.  

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Well, Bob knows Kendal already has the "let your players rape indiscriminately" part down. Bob just needs to teach Kendal how to tolerate players that beat the shit out of women or their friends. Once Kendal is up to speed, Bob can retire for good.  

Bring in Art as a special compliance consultant, Florida State is probably more lax than the 3a committee that booted Art's star players at Mt Vernon for crootin' violations. If you gonna go greasy may as well go all out greasy 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Lotta angst that FSU is going to go after Mario Cristobal.  Played at the U and coached at FIU.  I don't see it, but it would be comical if they were paying Oregon buyouts on TWO different coaches.

Is FSU even a better job than Oregon at this point? Aren't they always broke? They obviously have more talent in FL, but Oregon has clearly stepped their game up in recent year$.

4 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Is FSU even a better job than Oregon at this point? Aren't they always broke? They obviously have more talent in FL, but Oregon has clearly stepped their game up in recent year$.

FSU has the legacy brand name at this point but that's it, Oregon has the facilities and the cash, obviously better recruiting in Florida, but with the mentioned facilities and cash that's less of a detriment now,  I cant see why you would choose FSU over Oregon at this point unless you had a emotional attachment like a former player etc.

47 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

FSU has the legacy brand name at this point but that's it, Oregon has the facilities and the cash, obviously better recruiting in Florida, but with the mentioned facilities and cash that's less of a detriment now,  I cant see why you would choose FSU over Oregon at this point unless you had a emotional attachment like a former player etc.

better weather, easier recruiting, easy path to playoffs, friendly PD, better unis...

and sweet team bus!

e6d42c21-c7b8-4dcf-ac1b-4041b651efe6-Dur

Edited by Loco