Bob Stoops To Florida State?

Vic Mackey

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"USA Herald", eh?

Hope USA Hearld didn't jump the gun??

(Don't need Fake News)

USA Hearld quote:  "The contract is expected to be a 5 year, $35 million dollar contract and will provide for significant more staffing than what Willie Taggart was provided." 

Edited by LTtxfan

They are just guessing to get some clicks.  If they are right they'll puff their chests out, and if they are wrong they'll slink back into obscurity.  I don't have a clue how close FSU may be to hiring Stoops, but I know for damn sure that the USA Herald doesn't either.

Edited by Gene Parmesan

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

They are just guessing to get some clicks.  If they are right they'll puff their chests out, and if they are wrong they'll slink back into obscurity.  I don't have a clue how close FSU may be to hiring Stoops, but I know for damn sure that the USA Herald doesn't either.

Yeah well they’re not the only ones reporting it.  Enough smoke around it that there might be some fire.

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah well they’re not the only ones reporting it.  Enough smoke around it that there might be some fire.

Do you not know how modern journalism works?  One person says it's true, 5 more use that as their "source" 10 more use those as their "source" next thing you know the big boy networks are citing "multiple sources".  Then if it turns out to be false, they all just say "my sources told me, things must have changed since it was first reported." Plus they'll never fully commit and  use words like "expected" "close" "probable" to leave that shred of creditability if they are wrong. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Do you not know how modern journalism works?  One person says it's true, 5 more use that as their "source" 10 more use those as their "source" next thing you know the big boy networks are citing "multiple sources".  Then if it turns out to be false, they all just say "my sources told me, things must have changed since it was first reported." Plus they'll never fully commit and  use words like "expected" "close" "probable" to leave that shred of creditability if they are wrong. 

Yeah I think I have a pretty good handle on how “modern journalism” works.  Thanks though.  Lulz

I really expect that the follow are true:

* FSU reached out to Stoops' agent, hat in hand, begging for an audience

* Stoops is a cockgobbler

* Stoops is not looking for a college job because he is genuinely and permanently burned out on begging idiot teenagers to play for him, but his agent is more or less bound to say "eh, we'd listen"

* FSU made a grandiose ballpark figure, like Dabo money, in order to get Stoops' attention

* Stoops is a dickeater

* Stoops' agent relayed the ballpark figure and Stoops was like "whoa, OK, let's talk to them"

* Multiple calls and meetings telling Stoops anything and everything he wanted to hear took place and he couldn't say no because the ego stroking and the money were too much to just immediately walk away from

* Stoops blew some random guy in the bathroom in between meetings

* They'll get really close and ultimately Stoops will decide he can't do it so he'll jilt FSU not AT the altar, but near it, and they'll have to scramble to come up with an alternate candidate after putting too many eggs in that particular basket

* Stoops is a peter puffer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ousux said:

Clones say buh bye to Matt Campbell

Just my uneducated guess

More like Clones jump at Campbell's ankles and plead him not to leave as he drags them across the room trying to walk out the door...

FWIW the FSU job doesn't scare us.  The higher tier midwestern jobs, yes.  Some of the Pac jobs, yes.  The Pro jobs, fuck yes.  FSU not so much.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Arky 247 folks have hinted at some possible problems in Norvell's past make him unlikely candidate for Razorbacks... any ideas what issues might be for Norvell??

the rumor I heard, and don't really buy is that Norvell has some drinking/gambling issues that Memphis is kinda holding over his head.  I can't imagine a school would know those things and still let a coach around their program /nobaylor

Edited by Loco

22 minutes ago, Loco said:

the rumor I heard, and don't really buy is that Norvell has some drinking/gambling issues that Memphis is kinda holding over his head.  I can't imagine a school would know those things and still let a coach around their program /nobaylor

Did a quick search.... found this thread -- "Skeletons in Mike Norvell's closet???" Keeping him from getting an offer" from 2017 that mentions a few things and that MSU dropped Norvell as a candidate.... No one with solid info though.  

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/coaching-changes/skeletons-in-mike-norvells-closet-keeping-him-from-getting-an-offer/73797656/ 

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Kinda like when Princely spiked the ball into Jimbo's face?

1 hour ago, Loco said:

Dana Holgerson laughs at this.

2 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

More like Clones jump at Campbell's ankles and plead him not to leave as he drags them across the room trying to walk out the door...

FWIW the FSU job doesn't scare us.  The higher tier midwestern jobs, yes.  Some of the Pac jobs, yes.  The Pro jobs, fuck yes.  FSU not so much.

I know Campbell is a Midwest guy, but I have a hard time believing he would turn down FSU. They're down right now (mostly due to Jimbo's terrible roster management), but it's not a Tennessee situation. He could turn them around quick in that conference.

Edited by TXpride

3 minutes ago, TXpride said:

I know Campbell is a Midwest guy, but I have a hard time believing he would turn down FSU. They're down right now (mostly due to Jimbo's terrible roster management), but it's not a Tennessee situation. He could turn them around quick in that conference.

Florida State is skirting disaster with its APR. They could drop to a level that invokes penalties. The pain in that program may not be over yet and there is nothing a brand new coach can do about that in the short term. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TXpride said:

True, but Campbell is very much about loyalty.  He's stated that he intended to stay at Toledo and try to make it into another Boise State.  It wasn't easy for out AD (Pollard) to get him to leave and if Matt were really about money he would have stepped over us to take the Missouri job that they offered as we were finalizing our deal.  He brought his whole staff from Toledo to Ames including Jason Candle (OC) who never actually made the trip and stayed in Toledo to become HC.  He doesn't even have an agent.  And he wouldn't get the immediate and complete control of the FB program he got in Ames.

That's all a long way to say he's not working for a program that A. Hired Willie Taggert and B. Jettisoned Willie Taggert five minutes after he arrived in Tallahassee.

You do make a good point about the ACC though.  FSU is an attractive job, I just doubt very much it would be the one to pull Matt from Ames.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

True, but Campbell is very much about loyalty.  He's stated that he intended to stay at Toledo and try to make it into another Boise State.  It wasn't easy for out AD (Pollard) to get him to leave and if Matt were really about money he would have stepped over us to take the Missouri job that they offered as we were finalizing our deal.  He brought his whole staff from Toledo to Ames including Jason Candle (OC) who never actually made the trip and stayed in Toledo to become HC.  He doesn't even have an agent.  And he wouldn't get the immediate and complete control of the FB program he got in Ames.

Coach speak is real. The guy left Toledo after 4 years having peaked at 9 wins. I get that you want to keep the guy around, but he bolted Toledo for a better job as soon as he started getting offers....let's not pretend he is Peterson at Boise that stuck around for awhile turning down bigger opportunities than Iowa State/Mizzou. 

But I do agree that FSU might not be the job the peels him away. Hope he sticks around awhile as he's good for the conference.

Arky 247 folks have hinted at some possible problems in Norvell's past make him unlikely candidate for Razorbacks... any ideas what issues might be for Norvell??

He probably already said no them. The “problems in his past” is used occasionally when a school gets turned down by someone who they think should be kissing their ass to get their open job

"Possible problems," when identified by Arkansas in a coaching search, include traits such as integrity, football knowledge, etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1