The Roger Stone Trial

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Kinda strange how many of Donald Trump's longtime friends and associates have to get their buttholes checked in correctional confinement.  So many criminals being incarcerated.  So many buttholes being checked.    

Crazy how Trump could be so unlucky in choosing such criminals to surround himself with.

12 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Judge Jackson is a serious, tough, and well prepared federal judge who will not likely be lenient 

She gave Manafort 43 months with a 20 year witness-tampering count.  I don't know how the guidelines work on this shit.  

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

serious question, who does the president believe prosecuted Stone and who does he think found Stone guilty? Does he really not understand it was the DOJ and a unanimous jury?

Oh goodie. Another impeachable offense--threatening to imprison political rivals based on made up nonsense.

So when do the redacted portions of the Mueller Report relating to Stone get released now that this is no longer an "Ongoing Matter"?  I'm really anxious to see what it says about Stone / WikiLeaks and their relationship with Russia.  If there was a substantial basis for Mueller to believe that the Trump campaign knew that it was dealing with the Russians and he just pussed out on the basis that the evidence didn't meet some ridiculously high standard, I'm going to lose my shit all over again.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Good thing about Trump getting elected is it’s going to get a lot of criminals off the streets, including Trump eventually.

true on the first part; however, there will never be any meaningful consequences for Trump - certainly not prison

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Serious question for the legal eagles...can a President pardon anyone he wants even if he himself is implicated in the crime committed?

After the GOP anointed him the Burrito Supreme he can, in legal terms, "do what I want."  You do not discuss or question the Burrito Supreme.  I now have to report you for minimizing the power and glory of the Burrito Supreme.  Sorry.  I enjoyed your input and will pray for your family.

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

true on the first part; however, there will never be any meaningful consequences for Trump - certainly not prison

His tax returns will eventually be sent to authorities in NY and Congress. He’s certainly guilty of tax and insurance fraud - the only way that ultimately doesn’t get him is that he dies before a conviction 

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes.

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

After the GOP anointed him the Burrito Supreme he can, in legal terms, "do what I want."  You do not discuss or question the Burrito Supreme.  I now have to report you for minimizing the power and glory of the Burrito Supreme.  Sorry.  I enjoyed your input and will pray for your family.

Just now, lemonlime said:

Yes.  The pardon would be a "high crime or misdemeanor," but well brisket's ledge.

Furk

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I don't think Trump is all that different than Epstein in the eyes of those who might be concerned that Trump might stand trial.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, there's reference in the Federalist papers or the debates about imprudent or corrupt use of the pardon being an impeachable offense.

I’ve often thought that allowing the president unlimited pardon power was a grave mistake but then I realize when the constitution was written they didn’t foresee the huge escalation into the criminalization by federal law. 

If trump pardons stone or Manafort it should absolutely be included in the articles of impeachment. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’ve often thought that allowing the president unlimited pardon power was a grave mistake but then I realize when the constitution was written they didn’t foresee the huge escalation into the criminalization by federal law. 

If trump pardons stone or Manafort it should absolutely be included in the articles of impeachment. 

Good point.

I think it's a bit unproven of the limits of the pardon power.

Regardless a pardon doesn't mean that Stone still can't be compelled to testify against Trump or others. In fact, it could remove the potential for Stone to plead the 5th.  If he can't be incriminated, then he can't hide behind that right. If he fails to testify in that regard, or lies (again), then he's once again open to prosecution.

If Trump starts to throw pardons out there, he puts himself at risk.

• Like 1