The Roger Stone Trial

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

So:  collude with Russians to subvert democratic elections , repeatedly lie to FBI about said collusion, threaten violence against your co-conspirators and fellow witnesses, encourage violence against a federal judge, and rest easy knowing that Trump and Barr will obstruct justice on your behalf? 

Fucking sickening.  

This is the Republican Party.

• Like 3

And now one of the prosecutors either resigning in protest of interference or taken off case by DOJ.  

I'm sure that all the same Republican lawmakers who spoke out against racist chants ("Send them back!") at Trump rallies will again speak out against an obvious wrong by this administration.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

banana republic shit

Exactly.  

The deeper we get into this alternate reality where rule of law is flagrantly ignored by the executive branch (and by a complicit Republican legislature), the more I see Trump denying any election tally that would result in requiring his administration to make a peaceful transition of power (i.e. more banana republic shit).  

Edited by Paul Wesley

3 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

So:  collude with Russians to subvert democratic elections , repeatedly lie to FBI about said collusion, threaten violence against your co-conspirators and fellow witnesses, encourage violence against a federal judge, and rest easy knowing that Trump and Barr will obstruct justice on your behalf? 

Fucking sickening.  

36 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

18 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Anybody wanna try to defend this shit? 
It’s over fellas. He ain’t fucking leaving regardless of the votes

The ledge, fellas.  The ledge.  It's been the only sane place to be for years now.  It's just getting more obvious by the day.

It's not over today -- IT'S BEEN OVER, for a while.  When the GOP decided to become an instrument of organized crime instead of a political party in service to the Republic, it was over.  This is exactly how countries die.  The history books are full of examples.  Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

And of course he's staying in office another 4 years. I won't say "he'll be re-elected," because elections aren't a thing anymore.  There won't be a free and fair election, and to the extent there is, it won't be acknowledged.

This is what we are, now.  Just another banana republic, serving the whims of a crime family and its toadies.  Granted, we have bigger and badder toys than banana republics of the past, but that's about the only big difference.

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

nevertheless

fuck these mobbed up fuckers.

No it won't, Nadler.  You're neutered.  The House represents the people.  The people aren't just irrelevant, they are an inconvenience to the criminal enterprise that runs this country.  Watch your back.

11 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Relax guys. Wait until Susan Collins expresses her concern. This will be ironed right out.

I'll be shocked if a single Republican lawmaker says a fucking word.  

Just like when Trump stood and smiled while an all-white crowd chanted "Send them back!" about four black and brown Americans.

Not one word.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

nevertheless

A President who intervenes in the criminal justice system to help his allies, while punishing people like Lt. Col. Vindman for telling the truth, represents a real danger and the Committee will get to the bottom of this. 2/2

uhh.. get to the bottom of what?

there are not 67 Dems in the Senate. Moose out front should have told ya.

Trump was questioned if he put pressure on the DOJ to reduce the sentencing...classic Trump hedge..

says he could if he wanted to. He has “the absolute right” to do this. But he didn’t. But he could.

He never does anything, but if he did, it's A-OK.

Edited by yoladu

i am genuinely curious if any of the surly dipshit brigade is willing to weigh in on this and perform the requisite mental gymnastics necessary to justify or actively ignore what just happened.  the iowa debacle thread brought them out in droves, where are they?

4 minutes ago, Bookman said:

63,000,000 Americans voted for this.

And will again.  And it will be enough.  The Criminal Syndicate that is the GOP will make sure of it.

The sooner you quit believing in the lie that we are a functioning Republic, the sooner you'll reach the inevitable conclusion.  This ends in blood.  

• Like 2

Just now, sidis said:

i am genuinely curious if any of the surly dipshit brigade is willing to weigh in on this and perform the requisite mental gymnastics necessary to justify or actively ignore what just happened.  the iowa debacle thread brought them out in droves, where are they?

No they won't. They just pop in when they can drop tweets that just ask questions so they can troll around. Then, the other dipshits quote them and ruin my blocked list. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Trump was questioned if he put pressure on the DOJ to reduce the sentencing...classic Trump hedge..

says he could if he wanted to. He has “the absolute right” to do this. But he didn’t. But he could.

Reminds me of Hunter S Thompson blitzed checking into Las Vegas.

"Article II. Full coverage. Anything I want. Totally cool."

• Like 2

Per the right wing Houston radio show, this is all ok because .......

.....::::

wait for it ............:

leave now ......

this is all ok because - HILLARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i shit you not, Stone should get off because Hillary didn’t see one day in a prison cell. 

740, Houston radio ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

Which means he did it. 

1 hour ago, sidis said:

It's simple. They're waiting for Fox News to feed them their talking points. It's no more complicated than that. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's simple. They're waiting for Fox News to feed them their talking points. It's no more complicated than that. 

talking points :

1. They were all Obama appointees. Trump should have ran of them off day one. Some go back to the Clinton days !  Drain the swamp !!!!!!!!!!

2. Hillary served zero days in prison on much more serious offenses !!!!!!!

3. Trump can appoint people that beat serve him. 

Edited by tx 3 putt