The Roger Stone Trial

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Anybody wanna try to defend this shit? 
It’s over fellas. He ain’t fucking leaving regardless of the votes

No defenders left here except for a few trolls. You may want to post over on Daily Texan which has become the Cloak Room for the right.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He’s not even trying to hide it.
And his team CHEERS this. That’s why it’s all over.

Picture this in my best Irish accent:

”Geezuz Christ man. You constantly keep projecting that the Republican Party is the majority of this country. It ain’t. The 2018 midterms should have taught you that sonny boy. 

Yes yure right. The Republican Party is long gone. I see that and agree and its become a fascist party hell bent on destroyin’ the country. But its not in absolute power, yet. You can’t surrender the fight before it’s already over. Those fascists fucks haven’t won yet and 2018 should have it least given ya little pause on that.

Maybe its just the whiskey talking now laddie, but ya cant be givin up on us so easily now sonny boy!”

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Foosters said:

No defenders left here except for a few trolls. You may want to post over on Daily Texan which has become the Cloak Room for the right.

Very true. Just take a look at the coronavirus thread and all the far right, conspiracy sources that are being cited ranging from sketchy Twitter sources linked to Info Wars to the fucking Epoch Times.

• Like 1

I’m sure they will just kinda sorta impeach him again giving the President another opportunity to have his attorneys attach authoritarian powers to his inevitable acquittal.

The sooner the current Democrat party leadership immolates itself the better.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

That oughta do it, thanks very much Chuck.

I’d really like to know what Democratic Senators  can do at this point, and I’m not being sarcastic. McConnell clearly isn’t interested in passing legislation, so it’s not like they can block anything. What can they do but investigate and hold hearings? Wait for other articles of impeachment from the House?

I honestly don’t know what other power they’ve  got.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I’m sure they will just kinda sorta impeach him again giving the President another opportunity to have his attorneys attach authoritarian powers to his inevitable acquittal.

Without exception, I've never heard anybody that isn't a total cunt use the term "Democrat party".

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Without exception, I've never heard anybody that isn't a total cunt use the term "Democrat party".

I always wonder if they adopted that phrase consciously or not. Was it a choice or did it just happen without them knowing it? Are they weak-willed or weak-minded?

Dont fall for it, Goredho. 

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I’d really like to know what Democratic Senators  can do at this point, and I’m not being sarcastic. McConnell clearly isn’t interested in passing legislation, so it’s not like they can block anything. What can they do but investigate and hold hearings? Wait for other articles of impeachment from the House?

Yeah this is what I'm wondering as well. What should Chuck do, exactly? 

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I always wonder if they adopted that phrase consciously or not. Was it a choice or did it just happen without them knowing it? Are they weak-willed or weak-minded?

Dont fall for it, Goredho. 

It has a long history of usage as an epithet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Edit: But I feel like it's really picked up steam in the last 20 years as I don't really remember it being used much prior to 2000.

Edited by bolverk

16 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Edit: But I feel like it's really picked up steam in the last 20 years as I don't really remember it being used much prior to 2000.

I think Palin may have used it but I really never noticed it used consistently until Trump came along. And I don't recall hearing anyone in the real world parrot it until now. 

56 minutes ago, Goredho said:

And what exactly would you have them do?

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think Palin may have used it but I really never noticed it used consistently until Trump came along. And I don't recall hearing anyone in the real world parrot it until now. 

Have you lived in Texas? I’ve been hearing it since I was a kid.

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It was used regularly during the Bush 2 years and was especially pushed by Turd Blossom and his acolytes. I vaguely recall one main reason was because it was found in focus groups to evoke a negative response, because the word Democrat rhymes with rat. I honestly don’t think I’m making that up.

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

It was used regularly during the Bush 2 years and was especially pushed by Turd Blossom and his acolytes. I vaguely recall one main reason was because it was found in focus groups to evoke a negative response, because the word Democrat rhymes with rat. I honestly don’t think I’m making that up.

I took a glance at that Wiki link and saw that Frank Luntz focus grouped it in 2001. I'm not sure but he might have also been instrumental in the rebranding of "global warming" as "climate change" to make it sound less menacing. That dude is a total piece of shit but he's skilled at manipulating simple minds and that makes him very useful to the GOP. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

29 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Pretty sure Rush Limbaugh has been saying it for much longer than that

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I could see it coming down to the House having to use Inherent Contempt on Bill Barr.  And if you can’t imagine the WH/GOP getting so unlawful that the House has no recourse but to forcefully cinch the gov purse, be glad that remains a viable option under the most dire circumstances.

4 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I could see it coming down to the House having to use Inherent Contempt on Bill Barr.  And if you can’t imagine the WH/GOP getting so unlawful that the House has no recourse but to forcefully cinch the gov purse, be glad that remains a viable option under the most dire circumstances.

You really don't realize that the power of the purse has been taken from congress? Trump has been reallocating funds across the board for his border wall, and declining to disburse legally mandated funds when it suits his policy. And the majority party in power in the majority of the government not only supports it, but endorses it as a way to get around the "do nothing dems"

We're fucked. Well past the tipping point of a totalitarian government, we're just still picking up speed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

No--it's just that Democratic seems like it would be all encompassing as in we have a Democratic form of government rather than a term just belonging to one party.  Until now that is.  But that's why some of us say Democrat party vs Democratic.  But yeah, I can be a total cunt as well.  

16 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

No--it's just that Democratic seems like it would be all encompassing as in we have a Democratic form of government rather than a term just belonging to one party.  Until now that is.  But that's why some of us say Democrat party vs Democratic.  But yeah, I can be a total cunt as well.  

No, there was a concerted effort by right wing media to propagate the use of Democrat in place of Democratic which was gleefully taken up by their witless cunt GOP followers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bolverk said:

Y’all find the weirdest things to get worked up over. Democrat / Democratic makes no difference to me. 

11 hours ago, bolverk said:

Imo, the Senators (R and D) have the power that the voters give them. The constitution seems to have used as ass-wipe a long time ago, so that's worthless, and the  Chief Republican Operative, er John Roberts doesn't have the balls to do anything. 

So, get out and vote these dipshits out of office. 

Yikes. We are becoming fascist
Becoming?

We waited too long. Acting like the Constitution had special magical properties that would keep the status quo in place even while the people charged with enforcing it treated it as toilet paper. But hey stock market has grown, I still have health insurance, a nice car, and went to a nice restaurant last Friday. So why worry about what some morons in DC are doing
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Becoming?

We waited too long. Acting like the Constitution had special magical properties that would keep the status quo in place even while the people charged with enforcing it treated it as toilet paper. But hey stock market has grown, I still have health insurance, a nice car, and went to a nice restaurant last Friday. So why worry about what some morons in DC are doing

It’s like missing the early detection/treatable phase of cancer. Daily life was normal beyond entering the stage of a tragically foreshortened future.

• Like 1