The Roger Stone Trial

Hugo Stiglitz

• 3 months later...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/08/facebook-removes-network-of-inauthentic-behavior-tied-to-roger-stone.html

Facebook on Wednesday announced it removed a network of more than 100 accounts and pages posting misinformation on the company’s social network with ties to Roger Stone, a longtime Republican operative and ally of President Donald Trump.

The network was followed by more than 320,000 accounts across Facebook and Instagram. It consisted of 54 Facebook accounts, 50 Facebook pages and four Instagram accounts. The network spent $308,000 on Facebook ads.

I predict Stone's sentence is commuted tonight perhaps late in the evening to even avoid the nightly news. 

Sounds like Trump's team isn't in favor of it but this is a compromise between letting him go to jail and a pardon. But in reality, it's a pardon.

And there will be other headlines by Monday morning. Perhaps it will be a topic on the Sunday morning shows but the viewers of those shows are the types that will be well aware of it and have their own opinions already.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What's the significance of this evening?  Is he supposed to report tomorrow or something?

I think he reports to prison Tues or Wed.  

Trump has every opinion around him from people that are cool with Stone going away to those that think Stone should have a parade. He's been lobbied from both sides. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Called that one.  Makes it clear Trump will probably pardon all of his cronies on the way out.  Too chicken to do it except for this one.  Probably Manafort too if he hadn't already gotten home confinement.

Commuting is even worse.  Pretty obvious Stone was going to rat him out because a pardon would throw away the 5th amendment.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

Slightly off topic, but how exactly will trump pardon his entire family as he leaves office? I don’t think he can give a blanket pardon for any and all crimes. I would think that the crime has to be named in the pardon itself.

The big question is how does he handle a pardon for himself? The only seemingly guarantee is for him to resign and have pence pardon him. You have to wonder if pence would actually accept a one-day presidency to go along with that charade.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Slightly off topic, but how exactly will trump pardon his entire family as he leaves office? I don’t think he can give a blanket pardon for any and all crimes. I would think that the crime has to be named in the pardon itself.

The big question is how does he handle a pardon for himself? The only seemingly guarantee is for him to resign and have pence pardon him. You have to wonder if pence would actually accept a one-day presidency to go along with that charade.

Can you be pardoned for something before charges are even brought?

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think he can blanket pardon like that 

40 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Commuting is even worse.  Pretty obvious Stone was going to rat him out because a pardon would throw away the 5th amendment.

Nah.  If he was going to blab, he would have by now to stave off the sentence.  He's been convicted, he doesn't need the 5th Amendment.

I think Trump commuted because it is less than a pardon and maybe he could mitigate the optics a little more.

I don't know whether it's Trump or his advisors that are so afraid of clemency.  The part of him that doesn't like to take responsibility for anything until and unless it's convenient tells me it's him.  But I dunno.

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

This kind of shit is gonna keep happening until middle class white professional types march on and burn something like Highland Village in Houston or the Domain in Austin. Seriously. 

National strike is what needs to happen.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

National strike is what needs to happen.  

Fucking right.  The lockdowns scared the ever living fuck out of the big wheels because that was pretty much a national strike.  It scared them so much they gave you poors all sorts of free money to shut up and take it.  Unfortunately for me, I’m not rich enough to be a big swinging dick, but not poor enough to get free money.  I’m all in for a national strike.

Yeah, Ford gave Nixon a blanket pardon.

Democrats took the lead of Nicest President EverJimmy Carter and never challenged the legality, with the healing of the country in mind.

Joe Biden can NOT to that.

He’s gonna have to be a motherfucker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Did some research in terms of blanket pardons. Nixon was pardoned for any crime that occurred over a 5 year period without naming the crimes. It was never tested in court to whether that was legal or not. 

Trump is going to shoot a guy on 5th Avenue and walk before this is over.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Democrats took the lead of Nicest President EverJimmy Carter and never challenged the legality, with the healing of the country in mind.

He won’t be though. No president wants to set the precedent for the next guy in office coming down on them for acts in office. 

all the shit Trump did before he became president should be fair game though as well as any state of NY crime

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

i got you.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/15/joe-biden-pledges-not-to-pardon-trump-260147

Stone was treated horribly just like I was treated horribly like nobody's ever seen. It was a disgrace and part of the Mueller hoax that I won. The do nothing Democrat Party politicized everything. Roger is a great man. A beautiful man. And you will eat every turd I shit because it's just the way it is. You have a big one coming your way after I declare the election rigged.

Nothing bad enough can happen to some people. Most of these people are friends. Like a cabal.