The Roger Stone Trial

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It’s scary now but the real scary part comes when he doesn’t just have the DOJ take it easy on his friends but when they start going after his enemies.  Not Trump just blustering but when Barr starts opening cases and jailing people who oppose Trump politically or otherwise like Bernie, Biden, Bezos, etc....then the real problems are upon us.

Maybe it's pollyannish, but when Barr tesitfies next month is it worth asking if he is concerned how he will be viewed historically 50 , 100, 200 years from now?

It is naive of me to think he might care? I mean he is a smart enough guy, you would think he would reflect about a bit on it.

I mean, what he is getting out of this role as AG that he couldn't get elsewhere? he has already been AG once. What is his motivation for being complicit?

Edited by yoladu

And will again.  And it will be enough.  The Criminal Syndicate that is the GOP will make sure of it.
The sooner you quit believing in the lie that we are a functioning Republic, the sooner you'll reach the inevitable conclusion.  This ends in blood.  
I agree with all of this except the bloodshed. We will have a Trump dynasty. Some of the population will continue to get paid, and everyone else will just have to work harder to survive and lower our collective expectations about what we deserve in life.
It's the mob financed bar and restaurant scene in Goodfellas.
Fuck you pay Trump
Get sick and can't get health care, fuck you pay Trump.
Get cancer from polluted air and water? fuck you pay Trump.
Social Security? Nope fuck you pay Trump you should have worked a third job

Speak out against him and you are dead.
You either join in on the Grift or watch as the grifters suck every bit of value out of our establishments. There are no cops to go to, because the cops are in on it too and can't get out.

6 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Maybe it's pollyannish, but when Barr tesitfies next month is it worth asking if he is concerned how he will be viewed historically 50 , 100, 200 years from now?

It is naive of me to think he might care? I mean he is a smart enough guy, you would think he would reflect about a bit on it.

I mean, what he is getting out of this role as AG that he couldn't get elsewhere? he has already been AG once. What is his motivation for being complicit?

I can answer this right now. He absolutely doesn't give a shit:

"Everyone dies, and I am not, you know, I don't believe in the Homeric idea that, you know, immortality comes by, you know, having odes sung about you over the centuries, you know?" he added. 

Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani shared similar remarks in an interview with The New Yorker last year when asked whether he was concerned about how his time working with the Trump administration would impact his reputation. 

“I don’t care about my legacy,” he said. “I’ll be dead.”  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoladu said:

It is naive of me to think he might care? 

Yes. In this time period, truth is what they tell you it is. The result of Donald and the GOP not being defeated is an entire chapter in the history books for the great accomplishments of AG Barr. 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

I can answer this right now. He absolutely doesn't give a shit:

if you ever needed the baby boomer mentality of burning it all down and salting the fucking earth before they shuffle off the mortal coil distilled into a single soundbite, it's in that quote right there. they don't give a shit.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It still amazes me (I know, it shouldn’t) that the EXACT same people who thought a single conversation with Loretta Lynch I’m on the tarmac was scandalously improper and dangerously undermined the rule of law...but the POTUS treating the entire DOJ like his personal law firm, directing them who to take it easy on and such...is awesome and MAGA.

I mean, the exact thing they told us was awful....they cheer a much worse version of.

Walk me through the similarities and differences.  (Serious question -- I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the Bill & Loretta brouhaha so I'm fuzzy on what the complaint was.  I assume it was related to an appearance of impropriety with Bill lobbying the DOJ to take it easy on Hillary for . . . the emails?  Benghazi?  Obviously Bill was no longer POTUS, so how does that play into it?)

On 2/12/2020 at 11:26 AM, Nivek said:

A far more accurate picture would have the GOP hammering at the pillars and the Democratic Party trying to tape it together while religious right/trumpkins/tea party cheer as Russians hand Trump dynamite to blow the whole thing up, collateral damage and all.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

try harder...

He's not going to have to because it's the perfect cover for Trump to pardon him and it fits his narrative. 

That fucking idiot juror committed perjury and since she is a lawyer, she's likely going to get disbarred.  She single handedly fucked up the entire case.

7 minutes ago, North Austin said:

He's not going to have to because it's the perfect cover for Trump to pardon him and it fits his narrative. 

That fucking idiot juror committed perjury and since she is a lawyer, she's likely going to get disbarred.  She single handedly fucked up the entire case.

1.  To act like trump wasn't already going to pardon him is dumb.

2.  I read the article linked and there was no mention of perjury so I don't know what you're alluding to.  As a juror, you are entitled to have your own personal opinions.  The voir dire process gives both counsel's the opportunity to remove any jurors they think would negatively affect their case or not view favorably the defense/argument they will be making in Court which is the whole point of jury selection.  Apparently, after all of this, she was still selected to the jury panel.  Am I missing something?

Edited by CowboyFred

2 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

1.  To act like trump wasn't already going to pardon him is dumb.

2.  I read the article linked and there was no mention of perjury so I don't know what you're alluding to.  As a juror, you are entitled to have your own personal opinions.  The voir dire process gives both counsel's the opportunity to remove any jurors they think would negatively affect their case or not view favorably the defense/argument they will be making in Court which is the whole point of jury selection.  Apparently, after all of this, she was still selected to the jury panel.  Am I missing something?

1.  How did that workout for Michael Cohen?

2. As part of the pre-trial process they had to answer questions regarding what they knew about the case and if they had made any public statements on social media.  All jurors answered no.  She is fucked.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Pretty sure, he is compromised over Epstein.  That's his only angle. 

This probably has something to do with it. His dad, author of futuristic sex slave books, gave pedo Jeff his first legitimate job teaching that he wasn’t qualified for, marking the beginning of his pedo career. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, North Austin said:

2. As part of the pre-trial process they had to answer questions regarding what they knew about the case and if they had made any public statements on social media.  All jurors answered no.  She is fucked.

Knowing Full Well that you are probably full of shit, what statements on social media about the case had she made about the case? 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

The victors get to write, and re-write history. I imagine he'll be viewed quite wonderfully. 

Oh, I imagine insane wealth and power eventually would be a motivation. "How would you like to own Utah?"

3 minutes ago, North Austin said:

1.  Same Michael Cohen who spoke out against Trump?  I think you know the reason for no pardon.

2. Well then cool, she's fucked as we don't need that kind of shit when performing your duty as a citizen.  Declare case a mistrial and re-try the case.  I can pretty much guarantee you reach the same verdict with the evidence presented but the only thing is poor Roger stone stays in prison for longer awaiting trial...sad!  Also good luck finding a jury pool that hasn't either commented on this matter or knowing anything about the case.  An en banc trial might not even be a good choice here for poor Roger.  he's fucked either way up until trump pardons him.

3 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

1.  Same Michael Cohen who spoke out against Trump?  I think you know the reason for no pardon.

2. Well then cool, she's fucked as we don't need that kind of shit when performing your duty as a citizen.  Declare case a mistrial and re-try the case.  I can pretty much guarantee you reach the same verdict with the evidence presented but the only thing is poor Roger stone stays in prison for longer awaiting trial...sad!  Also good luck finding a jury pool that hasn't either commented on this matter or knowing anything about the case.  An en banc trial might not even be a good choice here for poor Roger.  he's fucked either way up until trump pardons him.

Instead of being in prison, he's going to be free because of the actions of this one woman.  This isn't something to be happy about.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, North Austin said:

Instead of being in prison, he's going to be free because of the actions of this one woman.  This isn't something to be happy about.

I still don't understand how he's going to be free, can you explain?  Maybe he's on house arrest pending the new trial, but he's not "free".

I missed where I put that I was "happy about it".  She's a dumb cunt that fucked up and deserves whatever consequences are brought down.  He's still going to be sent to jail eventually.  To be honest it would be pretty cool if he isn't given his trial until after the election and trump doesn't win and no pardon is given. (not trying to derail the thread)

22 minutes ago, Jack said:

JimmyJames...  this has been all over twitter for hours..  She even brought up his name

spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe I’m not good at the twitters but that looks to me like she retweeted something that discussed Roger Stone. Which if that’s all it is is nothing. But let me know what the right wing propaganda machine is saying because I don’t follow it that closely. 

18 minutes ago, Jack said:

JimmyJames...  this has been all over twitter for hours..  She even brought up his name

spacer.png

spacer.png

Honestly, at this point you have to just sit back and respect lib crusaders ability to literally fuck up everything. I've never in my life seen such ineptitude.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

So given all of the trolls posting furiously  about this lady I decided to look at it on my own and sure enough, they’re claiming a retweet should have been disclosed. 

The complete idiocy of the right wing hate moron machine knows absolutely no bounds. So fucking dumb. A fucking retweet should have been disclosed? I can’t articulate how stupid these morons are so I’ll let them do it themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

So given all of the trolls posting furiously  about this lady I decided to look at it on my own and sure enough, they’re claiming a retweet should have been disclosed. 

The complete idiocy of the right wing hate moron machine knows absolutely no bounds. So fucking dumb. A fucking retweet should have been disclosed? I can’t articulate how stupid these morons are so I’ll let them do it themselves. 

I'm guessing the retweet hits on the "...or posted something for public consumption..." point of the questionnaire.  I'm actually in agreement if she fucked it up fuck her and she pays the consequences.  I am all for the letting the judicial process run according to procedure and fairly whether guilty or innocent.

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nice try. There were more social media posts from her, that was just the only one specific to Stone.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

The concern trolling is incredible. Y'all must get your marching orders from the same commissar. 

Y'all dumb motherfuckers think a retweet constitutes a perjurious statement regarding "posting anything for public consumption about the defendant", and therefore the rest of the judicial proceedings and the unanimous jury verdict (which I know is redundant) are no good, and the evidence and facts used to prosecute stone are invalid?

Nevermind the possible issue with double jeopardy. It cuts both ways, and since stone has already been tried and found guilty by a jury, he constitutionally cannot be retried on those indictments. 

• Like 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

So . . . uh . . . do we care that she posted her bread pudding recipe?

Lulz

Just now, JimmyJames said:

The question didn’t ask her to disclose every single thing she ever posted on the internet dumbass. 

Can you and you jerkoff buddy not read good? 

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

i do find it amusing that the dipshit brigade started to rear its head in the thread finally when the topic became about the personal biases of a juror after pages and pages of avoiding the topic of an attorney general doing to the president's bidding in overriding a sentencing recommendation that was by the book for a political friend who had been found guilty by a jury of some pretty fucking serious crimes.  and the fact that four u.s. attorneys have withdrawn from the case in protest does not warrant their comment but a retweet from one of the jurors causes their heads to explode.

they truly are shameless pieces of shit with absolutely no ethical or moral boundaries.  they are willing participants in a cult of personality that applauds the irrational and the vile.

this situation is absolutely indefensible to anyone who cares about the health of the country.  there is literally nothing about it that can be spun and decent or appropriate and it is the type of shit that we used to make fun of south american banana republics and russia for...and now they giggle at it and make up some horseshit trolling line of trump brilliantly orchestrating the whole thing to get a juror's personal opinions impeached.  shameful and pathetic. 

Lulz

• Fuck You 6

moreover, the faux pearl-clutching over the personal biases of one of numerous jurors selected as the triers of fact in the stone case is even more deliciously ironic in light of the behavior from 51 jurors the nation witnessed in a very recent, relatively well-publicized trial that just took place.  i wonder if the personal biases expressed in the respective twitter accounts of those jurors should be evaluated in detail to determine whether the appropriateness of the outcome is possibly undermined by those personal biases...

but as bill hicks said, morons have never understood irony and thus, have no appreciation for it.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

So . . . uh . . . do we care that she posted her bread pudding recipe?

“It is well known that roger stone hates bread pudding so the whole trial and the unanimous verdict are invalid.” - dipshit moron Trumpkins posting furiously all over the net 

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Maybe I’m not good at the twitters but that looks to me like she retweeted something that discussed Roger Stone. Which if that’s all it is is nothing. But let me know what the right wing propaganda machine is saying because I don’t follow it that closely. 

No kidding. That retweet establishes partiality? Not even close. She could have said something like this below before taking an oath to be impartial and that would be perfectly fine.

“This thing (impeachment trial) will come to the Senate, and it will die quickly, and I will do everything I can to make it die quickly.”

--according to Republicans (as noted by their silence on what was said above)

Edited by yoladu