Cartels ambush Mormons in Mexico

ajax

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mexico-deploys-forces-reports-deadly-ambush-americans-n1076361

At least nine U.S. citizens, including six children, were killed Monday in an apparent ambush on a highway in the Mexican border state of Sonora, according to relatives of the victims and local media reports.

The dead included 8-month-old twins, said a family member, Kendra Lee Miller. Eight children survived, some seriously wounded, including a 9-month-old who was shot in the chest and a 4-year-old shot in the back, Miller said.

Willie Jessop, who is related to one victim, told NBC News by phone from Utah that the attack was on a motorcade consisting of several families, and that survivors at the scene told him that three cars were shot at and one was set on fire.

The Mexican government said Tuesday that three SUVs were hit in the assault.

“Everyone is in so much shock," Jessop said, adding that he has been in contact with Mexican federal officials and the FBI. "It's just unbelievable, and there's just no way to comprehend it."

Mexican government authorities said the family of three women and 14 children were on their way from Galeana, Chihuahua, to Bavispe, Sonora, and were attacked near the border between the two states.

Rhonita Miller was on her way to a shopping trip in Arizona with her family, while the others were going to Chihuahua to visit relatives, Kendra Lee Miller said.

The victims were identified by Miller as Christina Marie Langford Johnson, 29; Dawna Langford, 43; Trevor Langford, 11; and Rogan Langford, 2-and-a-half.

Also killed were Rhonita Miller, 30; Howard Miller, 12; Krystal Miller, 10; and the 8-month-old twins, Titus and Tiana Miller.

Kendra Lee Miller said a 13-year-old, Devin Langford, escaped uninjured and then walked for about 14 miles to La Mora, where the family lived, for help after hiding his wounded siblings in bushes and covering them with branches.

Mckenzie Langford, 9, was grazed in the arm with a bullet, but she also went to look for help after Devin did not come back, Miller said. Mckenzie got lost and walked for hours in the dark before she was found by search parties.

La Mora is about 75 miles south of the U.S. border. The community is descended from Mormon settlers, and some members are still practicing members of the church.

There was no immediate indication of who was behind the attack.

El Universal, one of Mexico's largest newspapers, quoted other relatives as saying that the family is Mormon and the attack appeared to be an organized crime ambush.

I am pretty sure this Jessop guy is the same dude that flipped on that POS Warren Jeffs of FLDS fame when he felt the heat come down. He aint no choir boy himself. Some of the shit I read about him years ago would make your stomach turn.

Still a horrible thing to happen to the innocent people involved. Fucked up world we live in.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Mormon mafia's got more money than all the cartels put together. The shitbags done fucked up.

Not Mormons, FLDS members and this family is FLDS Mafia similar to the Green Family in Big Love. Shit, these people have a darker and bloodier history than anyone on that show.

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

If you are going to start a cult where polygamy is involved, you might as well insist that the women be fit and dress like strippers.

Exactly, if you're one of the men who can claim to be able to "read the sacred stones" using your special translating tool, or whatever the fuck it is...why didn't you just go a couple steps further and put in some shit about threesomes and anal and whatnot?  Your actual process was, "Well, let's just stop at having 7 wives, each of whom you spend one night per week.  That's totally legit sounding.  Being with two women at once would just sound like the devil's work."  ???  Wait, what the fuck were we talking about?  

I think these were all members of the LeBaron family, which (according to Wikipedia) has a history of war with other mormon sects.  So maybe they were actually killed by other mormons dressed up like cartel thugs -- kind of a modern day version of the Mountain Meadow Massacre?    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

I think these were all members of the LeBaron family, which (according to Wikipedia) has a history of war with other mormon sects.  So maybe they were actually killed by other mormons dressed up like cartel thugs -- kind of a modern day version of the Mountain Meadow Massacre?    

Crazy polygamists Mormons have sex with minors, not kill them. 

27 minutes ago, Mappable said:

50 Synchronized Periods, no fucking thank you.

Maybe Mormonism was started by really smart vampires...ever think of that, professor?  

Edited by Lobo

52 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

They've been spreading their brand of the truth with the mestizos a long time now so it would not surprise me if the killers were Mexican Mormon Mafia (MeMoMa). It has all the brutality of a cartel but in a 100% natural fiber undergarment.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Worked with a Mormon woman in Mexico. She was fixin to go crazy with the lack of Mormon dudes.

Anyway, Cartels fucking with the one group of Crazy White People who out-reproduce them. That's special.

So double the acceptance of anal 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Annnnnnnd here we are 

But the family has been targeted for speaking out against cartels in the past, and one relative was kidnapped for ransom in 2009. He was released after the community decided not to pay the ransom, but two other members of the LeBaron family were later kidnapped and killed in retribution.

The dark and bloody origins of the LeBaron faction.

A Family’s Legacy of Death : Ervil LeBaron said God told him to kill anyone who strayed from his polygamist cult. A tenacious Salt Lake investigator tracked the LeBarons for 15 years. Now, an anonymous tip may have helped him close a case that claimed as many as 30 lives.

By GARRY ABRAMS
SEP. 20, 1992

12 AM
TIMES STAFF WRITER
SALT LAKE CITY — 

Ervil LeBaron listened carefully when God told him to take many wives. He married 13. When God told him to have children, he had at least 50.

And, 20 years ago, when God told him to break away from his family’s polygamist sect, he founded his own church, tearing apart the once close-knit family.

That’s apparently when God told Ervil to start killing people, too, including his own kin.

Authorities say it was the start of a chilling family tradition that continues to reverberate today among his descendants and followers more than a decade after his death.

The bizarre saga of Ervil’s secretive cult--which also attracted a handful of non-family followers--stretches back to the Nixon era and follows a blood-spattered trail that zigzags through Mexico and the Southwest like an addled snake.

By one expert’s estimate, the group has committed 25 to 30 murders in Utah, California, Texas, Colorado and Mexico. Investigators can only guess at the total number of slayings because the bodies of some of the presumed victims have never been found. West of here, in Tooele County, for instance, a man disappeared some 16 years ago after reportedly coming into contact with the cult. Authorities were never able to determine his fate.

When the LeBarons were at the peak of their infamy more than a decade ago, self-styled redeemer Ervil and his sullen brood were media staples. In the search for superlatives, one news magazine tagged Ervil “The Mormon Manson.” His influence was so powerful, authorities say, that a shrinking band of wives, children and hangers-on continued to commit crimes in his name even after 1981, when he died at age 56 in a Utah prison.

Yet, as the years rolled by, the LeBaron story pretty much faded, thanks largely to Ervil’s permanent absence. Until last month, that is, when the murders of four more people were officially pinned to a last fanatic core of “Ervilistas.” On Aug. 24, the U.S. Attorney’s office in Houston announced federal indictments against six members of the cult.

8 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

The future...

I remember people saying this in 2006 when the wars kicked off. I lived in the valley at the time and some people were worried about the violence spilling over "any day now". It's been 13 years and I'm still waiting. It's a fundamental lack of understanding of how the cartels operate. They're well aware they can't do the brazen shit they do over there on this side of the bridge. They live and do plenty of "business" over here, but they understand how to stay out of the spotlight. Over there, they want to be in the spotlight. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

Exactly, if you're one of the men who can claim to be able to "read the sacred stones" using your special translating tool, or whatever the fuck it is...why didn't you just go a couple steps further and put in some shit about threesomes and anal and whatnot?  Your actual process was, "Well, let's just stop at having 7 wives, each of whom you spend one night per week.  That's totally legit sounding.  Being with two women at once would just sound like the devil's work." 

careful, Icarus

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

I remember people saying this in 2006 when the wars kicked off. I lived in the valley at the time and some people were worried about the violence spilling over "any day now". It's been 13 years and I'm still waiting. It's a fundamental lack of understanding of how the cartels operate. They're well aware they can't do the brazen shit they do over there on this side of the bridge. They live and do plenty of "business" over here, but they understand how to stay out of the spotlight. Over there, they want to be in the spotlight. 

They do stuff over here, but hide it well.     I think a number of cartel actives have been uncovered in places the public wouldn't suspect like some of the higher end suburbs in the DFW area where they've busted stash houses.  

And they know better than to start a fire fight in the middle of a tourist area.  Or like in many of the border towns, the area where all the dentist and Farmacias  offices are located because the clientele is mostly Americans.    The last thing they want to do is have a bunch of American Senior Citizens caught in the crossfire who were just going across to get dental work and enjoy a few of the shops.  Had this occurred in this sort of situation, you better believe the Mexican government would be shifting gears on the turn of a dime.  

They let street gangs do their work for them here. Mexican Mafia, Tango Blast, etc are all tied to cartels. They do the dirty work here.
  • Like 3