Cartels ambush Mormons in Mexico

ajax

2 hours ago, achooloco said:

Considering the state of the current “mafia” in this country, is this really your best argument against legalization?

Who cares if they go legit? That’s a win win. Creates jobs, lessens violence, hell we might get one or two versions of a latino Kennedy clan out of it. 

It's not an argument against legalization.  For certain substances, I'm all for it.  It's a statement against this absurd notion that legalizing is some magical panacea that will cripple the cartels and bring and to violence and their influence.  

We legalizing fentanyl?  Cocaine?  Heroine?  Meth?  

As already stated, the cartels have integrated both vertically and horizontally into every facet of the Mexican economy - to the point that iron ore, and fuel are larger revenue streams than drugs.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

As already stated, the cartels have integrated both vertically and horizontally into every facet of the Mexican economy - to the point that iron ore, and fuel are larger revenue streams than drugs.  

I think I'd have to review their financial statements before I'd accept that

The Mormon thing in Mexico is way different to say the least. I can say that in Monterrey there was a Mormon group (colony I guess) outside of Saltillo. I played in a basketball league close to them but we were told by everyone including the military and cops to not ever close to there cause we could be shot at for even driving down the street. Not sure if they are still there but they had a totally different status in Mexico than anyone else. Never really looked into it cause we had that here in Dallas. Don't go down that street unless you want trouble so it was a normal thing to me but they had to be in some deep shit for everyone to know the "rules" with them.

• Like 1

^^ Prolly the Mormom Mossad boot camp. You know how the guys go off for two years of "mission" work, right? Well, they're not lying. A percentage of adult male Mormons are selected and secretly trained in the deadly arts at a training base in Mexico and then returns to civilian life, essentially a "sleeper" until called to action. Work THAT into the Netflix series!

• Like 2

A buddy of mine just got back from that part of Mexico, and he has the inside scope from Federales he knows in the area.

The mormons own that town and the water rights for the surrounding area. They started charging the local cartel for water, and they predictably did not approve. There is also an activist in that town who is very vocal about her hate for the cartel,so this was probably the first step in wiping the entire town out. 

During the attack a couple of children escaped and said the adults tried to surrender with children and babies in their arms but those fuckers didn't give a shit.  They knew exactly what they were doing.

He also said the Zetas are incredibly pissed over the murdering of children and will most likely take reprisals upon this smaller faction of thugs. That and they don't like the attention this atrocity has brought to their area of operations. 

What a shit show. 

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 2

^^ Prolly the Mormom Mossad boot camp. You know how the guys go off for two years of "mission" work, right? Well, they're not lying. A percentage of adult male Mormons are selected and secretly trained in the deadly arts at a training base in Mexico and then returns to civilian life, essentially a "sleeper" until called to action. Work THAT into the Netflix series!
A buddy of mine just got back from that part of Mexico, and he has the inside scope from Federales he knows in the area.
The mormons own that town and the water rights for the surrounding area. They started charging the local cartel for water, and they predictably did not approve. There is also an activist in that town who is very vocal about her hate for the cartel,so this was probably the first step in wiping the entire town out. 
During the attack a couple of children escaped and said the adults tried to surrender with children and babies in their arms but those fuckers didn't give a shit.  They knew exactly what they were doing.
He also said the Zetas are incredibly pissed over the murdering of children and will most likely take reprisals upon this smaller faction of thugs. That and they don't like the attention this atrocity has brought to their area of operations. 
What a shit show. 

Sicario 3: Electric Bugaloo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ths71 said:

I thought The Zetas were pretty fractured and that was Sinaloa territory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The group that did it is called the Jaguars. They broke off from the main Sinaloa cartel to establish their own little fiefdom, which began to collide with the mormon sect bordering their territory. The larger cartels tolerated them as long as they kept to their area and paid up to the bosses of the larger organizations. 

The Zetas are everywhere, they just keep a lower profile. 

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

let's see what happens if we poke a murderous, no morals bear..

10 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

The group that did it is called the Jaguars. They broke off from the main Sinaloa cartel to establish their own little fiefdom, which began to collide with the mormon sect bordering their territory. The larger cartels tolerated them as long as they kept to their area and paid up to the bosses of the larger organizations. 

I bet it’s funny as hell when they say that they are the jaguars in a Spanish accent. 

Shit is hard to keep up with.

Just now, Ths71 said:

Shit is hard to keep up with.

this and the whole middle east brings up a very good question.

why the fuck don't we leave well enough alone? cause apparently what happens when you chop off the head of the maniacal asshole who keeps "order" over a region through fear, murders, and corruption is that many other maniacal murdering assholes all spring up and throw the region into utter chaos and death.

for the majority of people who live in iraq, is life better off now than it was under sadam? for the people in mexico, is life better off today than it was when they had peace and order among the cartels who had clear leaders and territorial boundaries?

i'd posit the answer of No to both.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:05 AM, crash_davis said:

why the fuck don't we leave well enough alone? cause apparently what happens when you chop off the head of the maniacal asshole who keeps "order" over a region through fear, murders, and corruption is that many other maniacal murdering assholes all spring up and throw the region into utter chaos and death.

for the majority of people who live in iraq, is life better off now than it was under sadam? for the people in mexico, is life better off today than it was when they had peace and order among the cartels who had clear leaders and territorial boundaries?

spacer.png

Not sure about Iraq but Mexico is definitely better in the last few years vs 10-15 years ago. I'll never forget seeing a body hanging off a bridge and the crazy shooting

4 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Not sure about Iraq but Mexico is definitely better in the last few years vs 10-15 years ago. I'll never forget seeing a body hanging off a bridge and the crazy shooting

Well, they are getting better at murder....

spacer.png

Edited by Blotto

On 11/9/2019 at 3:16 AM, Zepol87 said:

The Mormon thing in Mexico is way different to say the least. I can say that in Monterrey there was a Mormon group (colony I guess) outside of Saltillo. I played in a basketball league close to them but we were told by everyone including the military and cops to not ever close to there cause we could be shot at for even driving down the street. Not sure if they are still there but they had a totally different status in Mexico than anyone else. Never really looked into it cause we had that here in Dallas. Don't go down that street unless you want trouble so it was a normal thing to me but they had to be in some deep shit for everyone to know the "rules" with them.

I’ve heard from Federales and locals that the Mormons have a long history of rubbing the locals the wrong way. Seems it was a message to me, but who the fuck knows