Favorite Hot Sauce

nivek3

On 7/29/2018 at 3:10 PM, slorch said:

you are incorrect sir.  Sriracha is awesome.

The other sauces are good too.

My faves: Tabasco Chipotle, Cholula, Valentina, Frank's,  any of the Louisiana cheapos are great.

Hot sauce saved my marriage.  Wife could not cook for shit in the first 10 years... OMG!!!

She still can't cook for shit.

• 4 weeks later...

Do they carry Smokin’ Marie or the grapefruit one? I’ve only seen those on Amazon and in Belize.

I bought the grapefruit one so yes on that. It seems like maybe they had Smokin Marie, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. They had Smoked Habanero because I also picked that up. They did not have the original green bottle Mild which I also really like and I didn't see Orange Pulp or Exotic Sauce.

Looking at the Marie Sharp's website I know they had Original Hot, Original Fiery, Grapefruit Pulp, Sweet, Smoked, Beware, Belizean Heat, Green Habanero, and maybe No Wimps Allowed. I did not see Orange Pulp, Mild, or Exotic. Can't remember on Smokin Marie. All of them were in the International aisle.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 7:45 PM, nivek3 said:

Aardvark_2048x.JPG?v=1511477687

I used to keep a bottle of torchys diablo on hand for breakfast tacos, but for that application, especially bacon or Canadian bacon, this is absolutely the best hot sauce. Nice, strong heat that builds and is more mellow than a diablo sauce that just smacks you in the mouth right off the bat. Good and smokey, with a really unique tang from the Jamaican spices. This shit is awesome. 

9 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Aardvark 3 pack (Garlic Black Bean, Jamaican Jerk, and Habenero) arrived yesterday.  

Can't wait.

Habanero is fantastic.  Solid heat, incredible flavor.  Will be great to use on a breakfast taco.

Edited by Texas St. Armadillos

On 8/12/2018 at 11:03 PM, Celery Man said:

i feel like I've read about this on here somewhere but didn't see it scanning through this thread.  I spied these at HEB today (and did not purchase, but am curious)

s740827704223692832_p35_i1_w2348.jpeg

i would either take one taste and throw the bottle away, or become obsessed.  Anyone tried this?

for those so inclined, i bet this would kickass on a brisket sandwich.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:49 AM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

NY Strips were on sale at the store, so I grabbed a couple, marinated them in the Jamaican Jerk sauce for an hour.  Grilled to medium rare.  

Fantastic.  Give it a go if so inclined.

I had been thinking of ordering the 3 pack. Is the black bean any good?

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2018 at 7:57 PM, Celery Man said:

Do they sell that stuff here?

Sri racha of course. I usually keep some Frank’s Red Hot or Texas Pete, and Cholula or Valentina. Lately I’ve been using the Yellowbird Blue Agave Sri Racha (available at nicer HEBs - yes Brodie maybe no Slaughter), all of those are good.

Yellowbird-Condiments-19-oz.jpg

There’s another local Sri Racha with a rattlesnake or diamondback on the bottle and I don’t like it. Way too ketchupy.

I was getting tired of siracha, so the bride scored me some YellowBird Jalapeno sauce on a whim FTW.  Great stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:
Ordered a 6-pack of this Vietnamese hot chili sauce from Amazon after seeing it on a food travel show. It is delicious and has most likely replaced Sriracha in my sauce rotation.

71G0-hp1mTL._SL1500_.jpg

Similar flavors to Sriracha?

Yes but it has a bit more going on...fruity sweetness up front and then the vinegary heat come in fast and strong.  It's a pretty versatile sauce.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Pretty sure you can buy Aardvark straight from the company.
Someone brought a bottle to work and I have been dousing everything with it.  Not sure if it has change or if I have, but it's really singing to me right now.
I go hot and cold with Aardvark. I'll kill a bottle fast and then not touch the stuff for months.

I do love me some Crystal and Tapatio and have close to 50 different brands in my collection, but when I'm in the mood for good bit of heat, this is my absolute favorite sauce for the right amount of heat and some amazing flavor.  Unlike most sauces made with the Trinidad Scorpion or Carolina Reaper it's not too think - a bit more of the consistency of Crystal.

Penitente-HS.jpg