Favorite Hot Sauce

nivek3

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I like Tabasco on oysters, soups, and some chili, no beans ofc.

As far as putting on sandwiches, tacos, and etc Tabasco just ruins the dish.

With that being said the following two are fantastic

Tabasco Flavors | I have never been a fan of the regular old… | Flickr

Original Tabasco on bar popcorn with some malt vinegar is damn delicious too.

Agree on the green and chipotle as well, and yeah, I don't put original on tacos, sandwiches, or things like that.  My most common applications for it are soup and salads, Bloody Marys, hashbrowns.  Works with all of those.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 5:59 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Wife grabbed this the other day. Almost no heat, but my god is it tasty.

3e6fd9ec4f7f7ae5b649e24a095ed535.jpg

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I can't really detect any flavor from the spinach.  It's not something I would have ever purchased, but I'm damn glad it ended up in my house.

This stuff is pretty good, I like it. But despite it being a widely varied ingredient list, I find it to be similar in taste but inferior to Yellow Bird Serrano. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2021 at 1:57 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but I’m just now getting around to being able to handle and appreciate some hotter stuff and the Yellow Bird Habanero is fucking amazing. 

I'm a big fan of Yellowbird's whole lineup.  The Ghost tastes great and I got a bottle of the limited edition Hitch Hiker and really like that one.  It's hot, though.  Hotter than the Ghost.

For the stupid mother fuckers that can’t fucking read. 

12 hours ago, South Austin said:

Didn’t see a Favorite Ketchup thread and didn’t want to start one, so I’m posting here. This stuff slams hard in the paint. Put it on some Hatch chili meatloaf.

79CE37BA-AF07-48B9-81E2-970587434019.jpeg

F3E3AE88-30B3-4977-BE3D-97C4313751AB.jpeg

I know reading is difficult for some of you stupid fucks. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, South Austin said:

Didn’t see a Favorite Ketchup thread and didn’t want to start one, so I’m posting here. This stuff slams hard in the paint. Put it on some Hatch chili meatloaf.

79CE37BA-AF07-48B9-81E2-970587434019.jpeg

F3E3AE88-30B3-4977-BE3D-97C4313751AB.jpeg

15 minutes ago, South Austin said:

They had all of these at Central Market except for the Ghost Ketchup, which I need to get.  Haven't checked my HEB to see if it carries these.

I'm amazed how much stuff Melindas has that isn't at HEB (most of those ketchups are not). They make a hot pizza sauce flavor too that I've only ever seen at Bucees of all places. 

Upon a quick look at their website and a quick look at amazon, HEB, and Central Market...there's a shit ton of Melinda's sauces that I want to try that you can't fucking find in many local stores, and paying 2-3x on Amazon is...not gonna happen. Irritating. Also they make flavored banana chips. I need to buy stock in this company. 

There is not even a close Second!  One of the tragedies of Covid is that Firehouse Subs stopped having a huge assortment of hot sauces to try. Firehouse subs was one of the few places in the wild where you could try Rhino Peri Peri sauce!

African-Rhino-Peri-Peri.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, UT Lax said:

There is not even a close Second!  One of the tragedies of Covid is that Firehouse Subs stopped having a huge assortment of hot sauces to try. Firehouse subs was one of the few places in the wild where you could try Rhino Peri Peri sauce!

African-Rhino-Peri-Peri.jpg

got a comparison on the heat level to other sauces?

21 minutes ago, NoName said:

got a comparison on the heat level to other sauces?

It is around 175k scoville units.  It is probably a 7 out of 10 in terms of hot.  It is the unique, delicious taste, particularly on sandwiches that makes this sauce stand out.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:40 PM, Celery Man said:

Not a hot sauce, but my dad just mysteriously sent me this. What do I put it on

4E95DC00-D3BC-4398-BCA2-7BE048CF27BB.jpeg

That stuff is like crack.  It goes great on all kinds of stuff.  Eggs, stir fry, salmon, you name it.  It has umami (MSG) which kicks the flavor of foods way up.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reupped on the two OG stalwarts and have three new flavors to try. 

Had the Hottentotta Scorpion with lunch, and it packs a decent slow burn. A little less "acidic" feeling than Melinda's Scorpion Pepper. It's not quite as "all purpose" as the red or green habanero flavors, at least after one encounter. 

20211208_122344.jpg

• Like 1

I just spent five minutes squirting the Hottentotta onto tortilla chips, and while I didn't need a drink while eating, by the time I was through with my snack and was putting everything away, it really built up into a nice level of heat. Kept going after a drink of water and a bit chocolate - pretty slow burn, but it really builds for a bit. I imagine that it's probably too hot for most normal people (i.e., those who don't have discussions and opinions about hot sauces.)