Texas vs N Colorado game thread

Goo Punch

Nice to see us already in mid-season form from behind the arc (2-12). Honestly, I missed most of the 1st half, so I have no idea if they were good shots or not. 

Several were rushed and with a hand in the face

Still suspect offensive sets ... lots of standing around until Ramey and Hamm were on the floor together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Suboptimal start

I dunno. Seems to me you want plenty of teachable moments in your opener, so from that point of view, it's pretty darned good.

Now, whether they'll take advantage of those moments is another question (at least, hypothetically), but I'd much rather look like crap in game one, and look good in game 20 than the other way around. Of course, the option is still out there to look like crap in both, but they play 'em one at a time for a reason.

Nobody is going to confuse Baker with Akeem, but he appears to have more tools on the defensive end than I thought he did.

Of course, he's never really played defense before this year, so he's really a blank slate on that end. Might be the best possible reason for Yaklich joining the staff, when all is said and done, if he can actually turn out okay on that end. No worries about his offense. Eventually.

I know it is one game but this looks pretty much like last year to me.  outside shooting is suspect.  lots of standing around. offensive sets are pretty basic.  we struggle to get to the rim.

the D may be better but its N. Colorado.  I'm not expecting anything different from last year so I will be pleasantly surprised if we make the tourney.

shocked we were picked 4th in the league.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I know it is one game but this looks pretty much like last year to me.  outside shooting is suspect.  lots of standing around. offensive sets are pretty basic.  we struggle to get to the rim.

the D may be better but its N. Colorado.  I'm not expecting anything different from last year so I will be pleasantly surprised if we make the tourney.

shocked we were picked 4th in the league.

I see the same thing.  We have athletes to win a bunch of games but the front court is an issue.  We have 5 free throws by the team and 4 bricks by big men from the outside.   All three big men need to be under the basket posting up and getting rebounds instead of shooting threes.  Pick and pop is square peg stuff with this bunch.