2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

56 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is the kind of exodus that happens when a coach is fired/leaves - is Shaw making it known that he is going to the NFL?

Also - we need LB's and Pryts looks like a good one.  https://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Pryts-37962/

Feels like we won't have a Stanford problem anymore fwiw.. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Dee-Anderson-58951/

Dee Anderson plans to transfer, according to Tiger Details, after he didn’t play this past regular season because he was suspended for not meeting conditioning goals. He plans to enter the transfer portal and be eligible to play next fall. Anderson graduated from LSU last week.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/veteran-lsu-wide-receiver-reportedly-plans-to-transfer/ 

gArbrkNj_normal.jpgMatt Zenitz  @mzenitz

Source: LSU wide receiver Dee Anderson, who was suspended for the season in September, went into the transfer portal today.

Started four games last year and finished the season with 20 catches.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 12/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is the kind of exodus that happens when a coach is fired/leaves - is Shaw making it known that he is going to the NFL?

Also - we need LB's and Pryts looks like a good one.  https://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Pryts-37962/

From thecardboard

[Michael] Williams, a two-year starter, told 247Sports that this big run of transfer portal entrants was somewhat expected in Palo Alto. In fact, head coach David Shaw encouraged his players to explore their options knowing how hard it can be to get into graduate school. Williams labeled potential entry into some Stanford graduate programs as "nearly impossible."

He said Shaw left the door open for the team's fifth-year seniors to return to school if they want. 
“He wants to make the best decisions for us,” Williams said. “He wants us to make the best decisions for ourselves. I appreciate him for it. He actually told me: ‘Visit anywhere you want. Do anything you want to do. Just make the best decision for you. If Stanford is the best decision for you then I know you’ll come.'”

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

From thecardboard

[Michael] Williams, a two-year starter, told 247Sports that this big run of transfer portal entrants was somewhat expected in Palo Alto. In fact, head coach David Shaw encouraged his players to explore their options knowing how hard it can be to get into graduate school. Williams labeled potential entry into some Stanford graduate programs as "nearly impossible."

He said Shaw left the door open for the team's fifth-year seniors to return to school if they want. 
“He wants to make the best decisions for us,” Williams said. “He wants us to make the best decisions for ourselves. I appreciate him for it. He actually told me: ‘Visit anywhere you want. Do anything you want to do. Just make the best decision for you. If Stanford is the best decision for you then I know you’ll come.'”

Translation: Some of Stanford's players actually went to Stanford to play school.

Or my translation:  Stanford's got some real problems and it really does feel like a slow descent is upon us.  But the flip side is that Stanford is going to give Shaw lots of leeway, and this fits in with Stanford marketing to football players.  Shaw will keep his system, he recognizes lots of players may want to try something new, but it doesn't mean that he's not going to start fresh with some new guys and keep the system going.  In other words, Shaw not remotely in trouble. 

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Given our recent history he will end up at LSU our OU

It’s pretty much a guarantee that LSU will get some grad transfer QB. The question is more which one we’ll be facing next year than if. 

I don’t think OU will take one. Rattler was a 5 star in 2018. If Riley passes him up again for a transfer, then he’ll likely leave and OU will have a hard time getting elite QBs out of HS. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

40 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s pretty much a guarantee that LSU will get some grad transfer QB. The question is more which one we’ll be facing next year than if. 

I don’t think OU will take one. Rattler was a 5 star in 2018. If Riley passes him up again for a transfer, then he’ll likely leave and OU will have a hard time getting elite QBs out of HS. 

Wonder if JT Daniels will be on the move