2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

46 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Two OU LBs in the transfer portal. Boulware doesn't coach LBs. Besides the obvious, what's going on in Norman?

Sooner fans are blaming Mike Stoops because it's clearly still all his fault. These are all his guys and they would simply never play for Grinch. I don't disagree with that entirely, most of these guys are various levels of meh, but you can only lose so many guys. The 25 limit is going to be an issue trying to replenish depth and the idea that these guys are Mike Stoops scrubasses (ie. Lott) while a guy like Josh Ellison now immediately slides onto the 2-deep, is...  interesting. They are clearly going to rely on the JUCO system for their DL development/eval issues. (Winfrey and Ellison are immediately on the 2-deep) and see if any of their DE spindowns work. (I guess Roberson, Kelley, maybe Stripling?) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Sooner fans are blaming Mike Stoops because it's clearly still all his fault. These are all his guys and they would simply never play for Grinch. I don't disagree with that entirely, most of these guys are various levels of meh, but you can only lose so many guys. The 25 limit is going to be an issue trying to replenish depth and the idea that these guys are Mike Stoops scrubasses (ie. Lott) while a guy like Josh Ellison now immediately slides onto the 2-deep, is...  interesting. They are clearly going to rely on the JUCO system for their DL development/eval issues. (Winfrey and Ellison are immediately on the 2-deep) and see if any of their DE spindowns work. (I guess Roberson, Kelley, maybe Stripling?) 

I am shocked that a DC whose recruiting pitch was "have you see how shitty my players are?" is losing guys to the portal

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, rvm96 said:

Herb Hand has recently followed Maryland RG Terrance Davis on Twitter. He is already in the transfer portal. He has a lot of experience. He also started following this tackle from Colorado St. I believe both would be grad transfers.

https://umterps.com/sports/football/roster/terrance-davis/7880

Colorado State OT ended up at TCU.

He went to HS close to Rutgers, and us delusional Rutgers fans thought he would end up in Piscataway early on in his HS career. In my opinion, he was always going to be a guy who didn't make an immediate impact because he was pretty raw. However, he just didn't look good at PSU whatsoever. Maybe there was something off the field affecting him, but I think he was and still is overrated.

45 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:
46 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Rutgers, huh? Put him in the calculator.

More likely that the $9.95ers will float him as a potential option, the fanbase will get all riled up, but then it will turn out we're taking some other grad transfer that no one has ever heard of.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

The guy started

- 9 games (RS Fr)

- all 12 (RS So)

- all 12 (RS Ju)

- he was Acad. All Big Ten 17/18/19 (and a distinguished scholar in 19), so academics shouldn't be a concern

If he can given even backup minutes at center - and let Kerstetter slide out to tackle in an emergency - seems like an interesting option.  (Didn't watch any - ahem! - "tape.")