2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Tyler Johnson. Christian Jones looks the part, but practice reports from spring and fall indicated that he's not ready. Tyler is closer. The question now is whether Kerstetter kicks out to tackle and we begin to explore options at center like Ghirmai or Majors, or if we really are going to start a red-shirt freshman at RT. It would be ideal if Jones could beat out Ghirmai for LG. Lots of options. 

Even if he wasn't starting, Okafor was a highly experienced 6th option with experience at 4/5 spots on the line. I think that'll be missed.

Cosmi-Johnson-Kerstetter-Angilau-Jones would be my ideal lineup

with Moore as the swing tackle, Ghrimai backing up center and Tyler/Imade backing up the guard spots. Don't remember seeing any reports on Hookfin but I know he was a ways away and needed to add some weight

I wonder if Okafor leaving was due to possible grad transfers coming in, haven't heard any names yet

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I wonder if he has any ragrets about getting this tattoo:

spacer.png

BTW his mom was a friend of my wife's in HS.  She's got the cray, but pretty hot.  Or at least used to be.

well atleast it's better than Kam Martin's BU tattoo...

38 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

No, Slovis is a better QB.  He’ll be one of the better SC QBs ever I’d guess.

Slovis is clearly the better QB but I wasn't talking about which is the better QB. I was pointing out that Amon-Ra and Bru both talked about their bond with JT. Hell, even though we all know it was his gf, part of Bru's homesickness supposedly revolved around JT and AmonRa. 

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Yes. Just like how we're wanting 2 RBs in this class means we're dissatisfied with Roschon Johnson and Bijan Robinson. 

rb is a bit different given how many you use during a game and how few we had last year. You don't usually take 2 QB's in consecutive years if you're happy with all of them but maybe that's changing given how many transfer every year now.

Edited by Viper

On 4/17/2020 at 8:59 AM, Sbbruin said:

No, Slovis is a better QB.  He’ll be one of the better SC QBs ever I’d guess.

Crazy how underrated Slovis was...

https://247sports.com/Player/Kedon-Slovis-46041446/high-school-193479/

Kedon Slovis      QB     Style:  Pro    6-2    186lbs

HIGH SCHOOL:    Desert Mountain

HOME TOWN:      Scottsdale, AZ

CLASS:     2019

Player Rating

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®    0.8683  (3 Star)

NATL.   705

PRO.      26

AZ.         13

23 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This was one of Herman's first offers at Texas. Seems like a H prototype in Herman's offense. 

I think we made Gill's top 5 during the '18 cycle. 

But like Earle.  He sees 2 studs stacked in front of him. Very limited playing time for a guy with limited eligibility left. 

He ain't coming here. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

But like Earle.  He sees 2 studs stacked in front of him. Very limited playing time for a guy with limited eligibility left. 

He ain't coming here. 

certainly you're not insinuating that LSU doesn't have 2 studs in front of JoJo. 

i mean, if you were, that'd be dumb as fuck.  

dumb...as...fuck.

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

yeah.. forgot LSU has nothing but studs along the WRs.. last season looked just like the season before..  Brady just benefited from being around the real OC, that's all.

You don't understand - Ensminger has Brady's playbook now.  Thats all it was - the playbook.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

yeah.. forgot LSU has nothing but studs along the WRs.. last season looked just like the season before..  Brady just benefited from being around the real OC, that's all.

i assume you forget we have the reigning Biletnikoff returning as well as Marshall, who i personally think is the best outside receiver in the country.  add to that a room filled with 4 and 5 star fucking studs...Palmer, Smith, Boutte, McMath, et al.  we're fucking stacked at X, Y, and Z.

lemme show you the two of the many real reasons why JoJo picked LSU over Texas...

usa_today_13327486.5.jpg

• Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i assume you forget we have the reigning Biletnikoff returning as well as Marshall, who i personally think is the best outside receiver in the country.  add to that a room filled with 4 and 5 star fucking studs...Palmer, Smith, Boutte, McMath, et al.  we're fucking stacked at X, Y, and Z.

lemme show you the two of the many real reasons why JoJo picked LSU over Texas...

usa_today_13327486.5.jpg

oh.. i missed that Burrows was making a comeback.. and Marshall is your "PERSONAL" best outside WR in the country? Well then my friend, I stand corrected!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

oh.. i missed that Burrows was making a comeback.. and Marshall is your "PERSONAL" best outside WR in the country? Well then my friend, I stand corrected!!!!

he was one of THREE who racked over 100 yds on you...lol.

Edited by Kyrie Eleison

Just now, texifornia said:

Honestly, you're gonna argue with an LSU fan about receiver depth? Why would you do that to yourself?

Didn't you see that BOMB Eagles caught last season?!?! Or that laser Smith caught in the EZ?!?!?! Personally I have Eagles as the best outside WR in the country... now if Herman can somehow grab that Brady playbook...

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Honestly, you're gonna argue with an LSU fan about receiver depth? Why would you do that to yourself?

listen to this man...(and btw, my point is simple: Earle didn't commit because he was afraid of depth at the slot position at...ahem...other schools).  

For all of the players and coaches lost in the week after the Tigers captured their fourth national championship, there was one position where everyone knew LSU would be stocked full of returning talent.

While the loss of Justin Jefferson is no easy replacement, the Tigers return every starting wide receiver from last year's team, including some young, fresh talent that make this 2020 LSU receiver corps probably the best in college football. Over the next week we'll be breaking down each position group as LSU starts preparing to defend its championship crown.

Projected Starters: Ja'Marr Chase (junior), Terrace Marshall (junior), Trey Palmer (sophomore)

It takes all of two seconds to know two of the 2020 starters for the Tigers as they both set the school record for touchdowns in a single season in 2019. 

As a sophomore, Ja'Marr Chase had one of the more decorated receiving seasons in college history, catching 84 passes for 1,780 yards and 20 touchdowns, the latter two led the country. For his phenomenal season, Chase was named a Unanimous All-American and became the second Tiger (Josh Reed) to win the Biletnikoff Award.

Despite missing three games to a foot fracture in 2019, Marshall also had a tremendous championship season. In fact, through the first three weeks, it was Marshall that looked like he was going to have the better season. In total, Marshall had 46 receptions for 671 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Marshall is due for an even bigger 2020 season as he was the primary red zone threat for the Tigers when healthy and figures to carry that same role into next season with presumably Myles Brennan behind center.

It's Jefferson's slot receiver role that becomes intriguing because of the myriad of possible options LSU could turn too. Right now the most exciting possibility is if sophomore Trey Palmer can make a year two jump with his game. His speed and explosiveness in the slot would wreck havoc on opposing defenses, making for both a vertical and intermediate threat in the passing game.

What made Jefferson so great in the slot is very much like Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas, his precise route running and rock solid hands. Jefferson broke the school record for receptions (111) in 2019 while adding 1,540 yards and 18 touchdowns to his resume. 

That kind of production is nearly impossible to replace with just one player and at the moment there is no clear cut starter on the inside like the obvious answer with Chase and Marshall on the outside. Palmer is a 6-foot-1 speedster that only caught one pass in 2019 but did return a punt 54 yards for a touchdown in the Tigers 65-14 win over Northwestern State.

His big play ability makes him a natural for the slot if he can prove it to the coaching staff starting in Spring camp.

A look at the depth chart: Racey McMath (senior), Kayshon Boutte (freshman), Jontre Kirklin (senior), Koy Moore (freshman)

Not only will LSU have a star studded starting receiving corps, but its depth will be nothing to sniff at either. Go no further then freshman receiver Kayshon Boutte, whose senior season play combined with his All-American practice performances skyrocketed him as a five-star recruit on 247sports.

Boutte is a 6-foot-0, 180 pound New Iberia native that could come in and contribute to LSU right away, because of his ability to play inside and out. While it's unlikely he steals any reps from Chase or Marshall on the outside, it's certainly plausible that he gets some snaps in the slot if he proves to be the dynamic receiver LSU is expecting right out of the gate.

Boutte is joined in the 2020 class by four-star freshman Koy Moore, a Rummel receiver with great hands and leaping ability to catch in traffic. You also can't forget about senior speedsters Jontre Kirklin and Racey McMath. 

Kirklin doesn't have nearly as much playing experience, with just three catches for 80 yards in his Tiger career, but McMath had a decent 2019 campaign with 17 receptions for 285 yards and three scores during the national championship run.

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/football/returning-receiving-unit-among-the-best-in-college-football

• Fuck You 7