2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

Former JUCO - maybe headed to Arky to be with Odom? 

Also :: 

A University of Missouri football player has reportedly suspended indefinitely after being arrested during the weekend. Missouri senior defensive lineman Antar Thompson was arrested by MU police on Sunday for resisting arrest and operating a motor vehicle in a careless manner from an incident that occurred earlier in the weekend, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Per the Post-Dispatch, Thompson had previously led police officers on a brief, abandoned pursuit on Friday evening after an officer attempted to pull Thompson over for the second time in a span of 10 minutes due to speeding. Aware of the driver's identity, Thompson was taken into custody without incident Sunday afternoon and later booked into Boone County Jail with bond set at $2,000. He has since been released, per the report.

5 Star RB, with issues -- sounds like an Ole Miss or tcu special...

https://247sports.com/Player/Khalan-Laborn-72202/

Dismissed Florida State RB Khalan Laborn officially enters transfer portal

John Taylor  2 hrs ago

Laborn was a five-star member of the Florida State football Class of 2017.  The Virginia Beach, VA, product was rated as the No. 1 player regardless of position in the state.  He was also the No. 1 all-purpose back in the country.  Only three signees in the class that year for the Seminoles were rated higher.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/dismissed-florida-state-rb-khalan-laborn-officially-enters-transfer-portal/ar-BB17la5D

Edited by LTtxfan

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wow, surprised he still wants to play

He had a lot of outside interests while in Austin (if his social media was any indication) - but I don't think there was ever any indication that he wasn't interested in football or wasn't going to actually transfer to play football.

If he wanted to not play he could have stayed at Texas.

He had one of my favorite hudl and favorite announcements of any Texas player.  Good luck to the kid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 1:44 PM, Katfid54 said:

I think it's really hard to get an idea of Fields' potential ceiling based on this film.  First, he's going against Washington's offense, which (as we all know from Harsin's time here) is intended to attack linebackers' keys and force defenders into isolation.  Despite that, Fields is in on almost every single play on defense.

Second, Fields gets almost no help from the AU line.  He fights through at least one OL on every single snap.  On most snaps, he has to deal with two offensive players blocking him.  Even with that, he is in the vicinity of the ball on every play.

I'm not sure what more you could want from a LB transfer candidate.

How is he at dropping into a zone or covering a RB in pass coverage?

1 hour ago, BornOrange said:

How is he at dropping into a zone or covering a RB in pass coverage?

I mean, you can always just watch the fucking video, since it's five minutes long.

But since self-study is apparently not your virtue, there's not a ton of it from the Washington film posted above.  Here's a clip where he diagnoses play action and gets to good depth to cover up a TE running up the seam, but I really can't tell if he is covering grass in the clip or if he intentionally covers up the TE.  If the latter, then he's a fucking freak show natural at it, but it's hard to tell from the film.

9QpzZ9.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You'd think our RB room is looking plenty salty, but Drayton's following a Harvard grad transfer

https://gocrimson.com/sports/football/roster/devin-darrington/22083

Top 3 is as good as it gets.  Then its Daniel Young and a kid recovering from a brain injury.  Interesting follow - wonder if there is any chance Young doesn't play this fall.

Kedrick James Bama xfer to SMU no longer with the program :: 

The stage was set for tight end Kedrick James to contribute to SMU in 2020 once his 4-game suspension was served, but that will not be the case for the former Alabama transfer. Sources told Pony Stampede that while the Waco, Texas native is no longer with the program and is not listed on the online roster.

James suffered a knee injury in practice before the win over Texas State last season and was out for the rest of the 2019 season. He never suited up in a game at SMU.

The 6-5, 263-pound tight end entered the NCAA transfer portal in July 2019, leaving Tuscaloosa and returning to the Dallas area, where he enrolled at SMU during fall camp. The former four-star prospect on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite was expected to have a big impact playing alongside star tight end Kylen Granson.

"Well, he's a big, athletic body," head coach Sonny Dykes said during last season. "He's a guy that can really move and he's got great size and there's always a little bit of a learning curve because it goes back to what I was saying earlier, it's Year 1 for him. There will be a little bit of a transition. He will certainly give us some size and athletic ability and length and size and strength."

SMU wide receiver Reggie Roberson echoed those sentiments at a media availability, which followed the program's first win over TCU since 2011. Roberson made a comparison to a former first round NFL Draft pick when talking about the La Vega High product.

"He's been great. Boy's a baller. He goes out there and makes plays and just does everything," Roberson told reporters. "To me, he's like the OJ Howard. That's probably what he reminds me of. He's big, he can move and he can catch the ball. Hands are huge."

Coming out of high school, James was the No. 319 overall prospect in the nation, No. 12 tight end in the country and No. 48 overall prospect in Texas in the 2017 recruiting class, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Granson is returning for his senior season after a record-setting 2019 season with quarterback Shane Buechele getting him the ball in SMU's offense, which finished in the Top 10 nationally in total offense. A Biletnikoff Award watch list member, Granson registered 43 receptions for 721 yards last season and set SMU's record for receiving touchdowns by a tight end with nine.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

What’s our pitch? Come see RJ and Bijan play up close?

Why are we even after RB grad transfers?

Considering what happened to our RB room last year - doesn't seem like a bad idea to bring in a versatile grad transfer running back/athlete.

After the big three we have Daniel Young and a guy recovering from a brain injury.

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Considering what happened to our RB room last year - doesn't seem like a bad idea to bring in a versatile grad transfer running back/athlete.

After the big three we have Daniel Young and a guy recovering from a brain injury.

I think Ingram again had some hammy issue, although he was expected to be back in time for training camp.  (Whittington may have had a minor issue as well.)

9 minutes ago, Getafix said:

I think Ingram again had some hammy issue, although he was expected to be back in time for training camp.  (Whittington may have had a minor issue as well.)

Hopefully Ingram gets healthy -- but if not, he still has a redshirt year available...