2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Hold on - is Trey Lance sitting out for the draft or is he transferring?

If he goes to Oklahoma...

fuck our life

Yeah, he’s a first round pick. I’m betting he transfers somewhere. He only started one season at NDSU, so he’s probably fall in the draft if he doesn’t put out a second year of film. 
 I think Riley’s all in on Rattler. Him going somewhere like LSU would be a massive game changer. Their OT’s a stud too. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Is he a one or two year guy?

he has 2 years to play one, IIRC

I think he knows this season isn't happening and that's another year for the young LBs to make a jump.  He saw that pile of garbage at WV and went to the easiest path of resistance..change my mind. #HookEm

Edited by Thiefery

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

It was reported that Fields cut Minnesota after he talked to Fleck. I wonder if Fleck didn't guarantee him a starting spot? 

Either that or he attempted the patented Fleck pressure sell. 

He's looking more and more likely to continue the legacy of Tom Herman with every passing day. 

27 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

he has 2 years to play one, IIRC

I think he knows this season isn't happening and that's another year for the young LBs to make a jump.  He saw that pile of garbage at WV and went to the easiest path of resistance..change my mind. #HookEm

Something about this never felt quite right to me. There was a lot of reporting on the Texas side along the lines of "Fields is good but isn't a lock to beat out Juwan Mitchell and could end up as quality depth".

It only makes sense for a grad transfer with NFL aspirations to go where he knows he's a lock to play a lot. That's not dodging competition, it's just a smart business move if a guy only has 1 more year to prove it.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Would really suck to relocate to Morgantown and start preparing for a season which isn't happening.  Colossal waste of time in a dumpster fire town.  In fairness, surrounding WV is very pretty if you like to do mountain stuff but it's still filled with West Virginians.  

Are we talking UTEP mountain stuff?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think Overshown & Mitchell have looked so good in shorts & helmets that Texas coaches told Fields he needed to go somewhere else.

Probably.

Eh. The most likely thing to me seems to be that UT and Minnesota wouldn't promise him a starting spot, but WVU did.  WVU lost a ton on defense, so they could realistically promise him to start, which seems like the biggest factor for a guy like Fields, but who knows?  Maybe WVU really did just win out in his recruitment. 

• Hook 'Em 1