2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

EJNO and Stacey Wilkins are bros all the way back to their commit vids if I remember correctly and both have opted out at OU. I could see them end up as a pkg deal despite Wilkins telling everyone right now that he's not leaving OU only trying to get stronger in his upper body. 

11 hours ago, golfclap said:

EJNO and Stacey Wilkins are bros all the way back to their commit vids if I remember correctly and both have opted out at OU. I could see them end up as a pkg deal despite Wilkins telling everyone right now that he's not leaving OU only trying to get stronger in his upper body. 

EJNO is supposedly really smart and had the potential to be a leader. Wilkins, at least physically, appears ideal for at OT. It he leaves, it would be a loss.

Both were passed on the depth chart by true freshman. I wonder if this isn't a Covid-related lack of conditioning thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, quigley said:

EJNO is supposedly really smart and had the potential to be a leader. Wilkins, at least physically, appears ideal for at OT. It he leaves, it would be a loss.

Both were passed on the depth chart by true freshman. I wonder if this isn't a Covid-related lack of conditioning thing.

Wilkins just hasn't taken that next step. I absolutely loved him as a prospect - perfect frame - great flexibility - good highlights - killer in 1on1s even against top tier guys.. He just needed to add strength and mass and poof NFL LT. I guess not. He's added some mass but honestly I think he's been Bennie Wylie'd, COVID or not. If he had arrived and been in the program for 2 years under Schmidt I don't think he'd be having the same issue. 

Both being passed by TR FR is clearly what's driven the opt-outs. I don't know that Wilkins is a loss, other than the loss of his potential. On the field he's not been very good. Certainly not like Anton Harrison. I guess the biggest issue at OT comes with 2021 depth, but Felix could come back because: COVID, or you could simply grab another xfer or JUCO.. It seems like Brey Walker will never be more than what he is, I know he's only a RS SO but he's being outplayed by these younger guys as well. I assume since he's an in-state kid he'll stay for 5 years. I honestly don't know. Murray looks as advertised. I have no idea why Robinson ever plays a down between Murray being back and Raym, I honestly don't know. 

EJNO is a loss from a locker room perspective but I don't think either hurt more than as depth. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 11:20 PM, golfclap said:

SIAP — Sad news from KState ::

Derick Newton who has joined them for a second time and left again. 

https://themercury.com/k_state_sports/former-kansas-state-football-player-derick-newton-dies-at-21/article_a28c1f41-954f-540f-b109-d400064f5aad.html

Bill Snyder would have listed him as doubtful.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, golfclap said:

4* WRs -- Trey Blount and Makiya Tongue (had a lot of Longhorn interest) both in the portal from UGA ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Blount-37169/high-school-144119/

https://247sports.com/Player/Makiya-Tongue-46038773/high-school-189796/

Tongue was the guy that wants to play WR even though he's an NFL LB.

• Hook 'Em 2

Georgia and A&M are supposedly fighting for LSU's DL Ika who's looking to transfer, although Orgeron is trying to talk him into staying

Supposedly LSU is trying to decide between firing Orgeron for cause (Title IX stuff), or giving him a new coaching staff (two coordinators, and around four more position coach hires)

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Supposedly LSU is trying to decide between firing Orgeron for cause (Title IX stuff), or giving him a new coaching staff (two coordinators, and around four more position coach hires)

How fucked up is that.  Either we think you can right the ship, or you are fired for covering up assault.

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Georgia and A&M are supposedly fighting for LSU's DL Ika who's looking to transfer, although Orgeron is trying to talk him into staying

This is from the 247 boards or somewhere else? Not calling BS, just curious.

18 hours ago, Fud said:

Only 66 scholarship players available for Florida game.  

Ed Orgeron weighs in on Arik Gilbert's decision  

As for the culture of the locker room, and the mass exodus in Baton Rouge, Orgeron responded with the following:  "A year ago we were the best team in the country. We're going to find out who's really behind us," Orgeron said. "We're going to find out who really loves the Tigers. Because we're going to be champions again. Whatever you're hearing, I'm not buying." 

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Arik-Gilbert-considering-leaving-LSU-misses-Monday-practice-transfer-Ed-Orgeron-quote-156392988/

Wright officially in the portal ::

Per a source, wide receiver Dylan Wright has put his name into the portal, meaning he is free to communicate with coaches at other schools. Wright can still choose to stay in Aggieland if he wants and he can pull his name out at any point.

7 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Need to keep Ja'Quinden Jackson out of the portal. I know Card came out of the gate strong, but I think Jackson will end up being the guy to replace Sam next year. Don't think Brewer will end up being an option.

There are a bunch of people in his Twitter mentions talking about him leaving. Is there smoke that he's about to transfer out?