2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

Interestingly, Elerson has a teammate with draft buzz. 6'9 OT, Spencer Brown.

https://nflmocks.com/2020/05/27/northern-iowa-spencer-brown-first-round-2021-nfl-draft/

Brown has said he's taking the year off with the MVC cancelling it's season, but boy would it be fun to have a line with two potential first round tackles. 

I am (unfortunately) very familiar with Cedar Falls and UNI. I would be shocked if he wouldn't jump at the chance to hang out in Austin for a year for free. 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

So it's come to this ... I'm going to find the UNI vs. NDSU game so that I can watch Smith vs. Radunz. and maybe check out Brown as well. 

and I'm excited about it. 

SMFH

Literally two guys that went from 2* nothing to first rounders. Love those stories. We have to land twitched up guys coming out of hs. MVC schools can go get the 6'7, 220lb TE playing 6 man football in Iowa and build themselves a tackle. It's like fucking legos. Coaching S&C would be a blast. The first goal setting meetings must be hilarious. "We're going to add 100 lbs to your frame, cool?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

So it's come to this ... I'm going to find the UNI vs. NDSU game so that I can watch Smith vs. Radunz. and maybe check out Brown as well. 

SMFH

Watch Trey Lance too while you're at it.  He's the biggest domino of them all, IMO.  He could make a school like LSU, UGA, or Oregon a title contender if he decides to transfer. 

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Watch Trey Lance too while you're at it.  He's the biggest domino of them all, IMO.  He could make a school like LSU, UGA, or Oregon a title contender if he decides to transfer. 

LSU is hoping they can get Justin Fields 

I've seen enough. jesus. 

Go to the 19:05 mark and watch those 2 plays back-to-back. You get to see Smith and his explosion, length, and obvious strength. you get to see Radunz deflect and keep his base, and you get to see Lance evade a sure sack and show of his arm strength - even while throwing it incomplete. Oh man - the bait from 2 earlier rushes gets Radunz off-balance at the 43:22 mark and you see Smith's speed closing on the QB. 

These two dudes are having a war in this game. 

Lance can run and has more power in his running style than I had given him credit for. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, golfclap said:

SMFH

Didn't UNI play Iowa State last year?  Would be another good one to watch.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, lemonandaturd said:

No, maybe he realizes UNT is a better spot than working for the pussy mullet at OSU.  Any school in Texas like UNT probably offers a better education than OSU or OU.  Good Luck, young man.  

I was talking about his face, dude

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Cade Johnson followed Valai back, and is also now following Yurcich. There appears to be smoke. 

Anyone who likes looking at some FCS film, what kind of WR is Johnson?

Here's a highlight video I found on youtube

Not sure who exactly to compare him to.  They way he moves and is used reminds me a little bit of Mike Davis?  He's plenty fast, but he certainly won't be the fastest guy on a D1 football field.  But he runs good routes and does a nice job of using his body to create separation.  Shows good hands in several of the highlights.

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

Here's a highlight video I found on youtube

Not sure who exactly to compare him to.  They way he moves and is used reminds me a little bit of Mike Davis?  He's plenty fast, but he certainly won't be the fastest guy on a D1 football field.  But he runs good routes and does a nice job of using his body to create separation.  Shows good hands in several of the highlights.

Good returner highlights... Texas Staff may be wanting Johnson to also help with special teams

Edited by LTtxfan

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Without a Pac-12 season in the fall, linebacker Colin Schooler and Brenden Schooler will look for an opportunity to play as they have both announced their transfer. Sources indicate that should there be a Pac-12 season, both would not have played anyway in order to get ready for the NFL. By transferring now, the hope is that they find a school that will allow them to be have a fall season.

If the college football season as a whole is cancelled, it is unlikely that the brothers will stay in college and play next season, as there will be a good amount of players with NFL aspirations that choose to sit out.

Last season, Colin Schooler earned honorable mention honors for the second straight year after another productive season from his middle linebacker spot. Schooler led the Wildcats in total tackles for the second straight year with 98 stops. He also led the team with 11 tackles-for-loss and now has 46 in his three-year career, which ranks fourth all-time at Arizona.

As a freshman, Schooler played in 13 games, including starts in each of the final nine games. He was named the Pac-12 Freshman Defensive Player of the Year and led all FBS freshman defenders with 13.5 tackles for loss, each coming in a Pac-12 Conference game. The 13.5 tackles for loss were most for a UA freshman in more than 20 seasons.

The next season, Schooler was named a First Team All-Pac-12 selection by the Associated Press while garnering honorable mention honors from the league office. He started all 12 games at the Mike linebacker position, totaling 119 tackles, including 72 solo stops, 21.5 tackles-for-loss and 3.5 sacks. The 21.5 TFLs ranked fifth-most in UA single-season history.

Brenden Schooler began his career as a defensive back and led the Ducks with four picks as a true freshman in 2016. He also tallied 74 tackles in 12 games and 10 starts. He then moved to wide receiver as a sophomore in 2017.

He's remained there ever since, making 13 starts out wide. He finished his Oregon career with 43 receptions for 521 yards and four touchdowns.

The loss of Schooler at linebacker is the bigger of the two, but the reality is that college football is turned upside down right now and rosters will be in flux. The goal is to play in the winter or spring, but that's not a guarantee.

As of now, Arizona will absolutely need to add a linebacker or two if there is a season, though it remains to be seen if players will be allowed to enroll early and become eligible right away.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/19/2020 at 10:14 AM, texifornia said:

Cade Johnson followed Valai back, and is also now following Yurcich. There appears to be smoke. 

Anyone who likes looking at some FCS film, what kind of WR is Johnson?

Chang and Johnson recently started following each other. Seems like we're definitely interested. 

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

thoughts @Sbbruin ???

Thoughts?  We continue to get fucked.  Very solid player.

But in the end, I'm guessing he's looking to play THIS year and then bolt to the NFL.  So we probably don't lose much since, you know, we're not playing.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Thoughts?  We continue to get fucked.  Very solid player.

But in the end, I'm guessing he's looking to play THIS year and then bolt to the NFL.  So we probably don't lose much since, you know, we're not playing.

How is he still a RS Junior?  (And if he played in 5 games in 201, he couldn't have claimed a med redshirt for that year, if he was injured later ... )

image.thumb.png.565dbddab2039e2d89ff214b6c91da03.png

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

2 years of eligibility left. That should be a no brainer even if he's just decent. 

Definitely, but there's also about 40 other schools who will feel the same way. I guess a positive note is that all these California and West Coast kids don't have many closer options or good city fits than us that are playing football this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1